STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Sup fellas, I just logged back in and am catching up with the discussion.

I am not a novice to lifting; I've been working out in the gym with proper form for over a year now. Over the past year I've been trying to focus on losing weight and getting strong, which has happened naturally as over the summer I had a lot of time after work (and no school) to concentrate on eating the right amount of food each day and do an isolation bodybuilding split routine. I utilized Scott Herman's youtube videos as a reference for what kind of workouts I should be doing each day. I'm not sure if you guys found the thread I started awhile back in this General section, but regardless I'm just trying to find something new to get into and become excited about doing.

For that purpose, I want to start doing these technically challenging Olympic lifts in the right form first and foremost. I already am very good at the back squat, which is one of my favorite exercises to do and is something that my body is at an advantage to excel in, since I have short femurs. I've said this before but I want to get better at the front squat as well, which is very weak due to my poor wrist flexibility.

I want to get a better body overall, but I guess that is a matter of diet, cardio, and establishing a lifting program that will ensure that I continue to make progress. I'm at 5'4" 205, not sure about body fat percentage but I have a gut that I'm not proud of. I do have much more free time than the typical student since I'm only taking classes part time this semester and working a menial job 20-30 hrs a week. Thus, I want to make the most of my time by reading as much as I can about how I can start doing these Olympic lifts and nail down what workout regimen and meal plan would work best for me to get the body results I want while getting very strong.

Hopefully this clears up everyone's understanding of what I'm trying to achieve. I will take a look at that ETP.com website. It seems similar to MFP from a glance, but I have had poor success with keeping up with online tracking methods. Perhaps I need to stick with paper and pencil.

Anyone follow Jim Stopanni, particularly his website? I know he writes for BB.com but recently ive been checking out some of his other works (supp. ingredients, nutrition articles, etc). He seems to have a good knowledge of the business and the fact he is a doc. is pretty admirable. Thinking about trying his PWO packed with dextrose and multi (2 things I do not take ATM).

Last edited:

Got my Inzer single prong 10mm belt in.

Ordered January 27th, received the belt February 19th, with no shipping confirmation. I ordered a black one, which is in stock so I did not have to wait an extra time for custom order.

Belt feels amazing, but definitely feels like it will need quite some time for break-in.  Will use it for the first time in the gym tonight.

Will let you guys know.
Belt felt fantastic, definitely felt the difference between the 10mm and my EliteFTS 6.5mm belt.

One thing that I can already tell is that this belt will be a chalk magnet, as it is black suede.

Anyone follow Jim Stopanni, particularly his website? I know he writes for BB.com but recently ive been checking out some of his other works (supp. ingredients, nutrition articles, etc). He seems to have a good knowledge of the business and the fact he is a doc. is pretty admirable. Thinking about trying his PWO packed with dextrose and multi (2 things I do not take ATM).
waste of money IMO

waste of money IMO

How so? Not disagreeing just curious about the rationale. I already take vitamin B, D, and C, lysine too.Making sure you're covered on all other vitamins/minerals seems like a quality investment. And if you're burning through glycogen storage during a tough workout, replacing it with a fast acting carb (dextrose) PWO seems logical too...Thoughts ?

Last edited:
How so? Not disagreeing just curious about the rationale. I already take vitamin B, D, and C, lysine too.Making sure you're covered on all other vitamins/minerals seems like a quality investment. And if you're burning through glycogen storage during a tough workout, replacing it with a fast acting carb (dextrose) PWO seems logical too...Thoughts ?
you're essentially paying for dextrose and vitamins you could get from food. Gatorade + whey + multi = same thing but cheaper

Belt felt fantastic, definitely felt the difference between the 10mm and my EliteFTS 6.5mm belt.

One thing that I can already tell is that this belt will be a chalk magnet, as it is black suede.
You should try a 13mm its even better.

you're essentially paying for dextrose and vitamins you could get from food. Gatorade + whey + multi = same thing but cheaper

10-4. A month's supply of the PWO is 15 bucks. I figured it'd be worth a shot based on the convenience, price tag, and ingredients. Its a hell of a lot cheaper than Intra-MD that I was looking up weeks back. Is there any truth to HGI carbs suppressing cortisol during heavy lifting?

Last edited:
10-4. A month's supply of the PWO is 15 bucks. I figured it'd be worth a shot based on the convenience, price tag, and ingredients. Its a hell of a lot cheaper than Intra-MD that I was looking up weeks back. Is there any truth to HGI carbs suppressing cortisol during heavy lifting?
yeah for 15 bucks it's pretty much like buying dextrose powder with artificial flavors...

and pre nutrition is all subjective. See what works with you.. but read this for further info

Last edited:
Ignore this post if you don't care about plympic lifting

But this is in response to someone who posted about the world record clean and jerk (533 pounds) last page or so...

There's finally a high resolution, uninterrupted vid filmed in real time of the lift (the broadcast doesn't count because they cut off part of the lift)

Hookgrip had a slow mo vid of this but never posted it in real time

Looks so beautiful

To those who've talked about wanting to get into ply lifting, enjoy

started making the effort to consistently go deeper on all my squats and now the DOMS are very real :x

For that purpose, I want to start doing these technically challenging Olympic lifts in the right form first and foremost. I already am very good at the back squat, which is one of my favorite exercises to do and is something that my body is at an advantage to excel in, since I have short femurs. I've said this before but I want to get better at the front squat as well, which is very weak due to my poor wrist flexibility.

I want to get a better body overall, but I guess that is a matter of diet, cardio, and establishing a lifting program that will ensure that I continue to make progress. I'm at 5'4" 205, not sure about body fat percentage but I have a gut that I'm not proud of. I do have much more free time than the typical student since I'm only taking classes part time this semester and working a menial job 20-30 hrs a week. Thus, I want to make the most of my time by reading as much as I can about how I can start doing these Olympic lifts and nail down what workout regimen and meal plan would work best for me to get the body results I want while getting very strong.

Hopefully this clears up everyone's understanding of what I'm trying to achieve. I will take a look at that ETP.com website. It seems similar to MFP from a glance, but I have had poor success with keeping up with online tracking methods. Perhaps I need to stick with paper and pencil.

Where do you live?

that reebok crossfit commercial makes me sick...

/rant

its actually only the incorrect pull ups, and the girl with bloody scarred up hands.
so unnecessary

its actually only the incorrect pull ups, and the girl with bloody scarred up hands.
so unnecessary

Don't want to get into the pull up argument, since most bb'ers don't even do dead hang pull ups...

Hate the glorification of ripped hands, :smh:. Does it happen? Yes, but nobody I've met likes it or the feeling after. Most top athletes don't even rip their hands during training (hand care). It happens in competition, and usually due to a hot pull up bar (most competitions are during the day, in spring and summer).

I don't mind the unpussification of America though.

Crossfit doesn't do pull-ups anyway, they do kipping pull-ups. One is an exercise for your back and arms, the other is a full body movement that works your flailing muscles.

Where do you live?

Columbus, OH

Greg Everett's book on Olympic Weightlifting & Arnold Schwarzenegger's Modern Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding just arrived in the mail. Now it is time for me to read, make a good lifting plan for the next few weeks, eat right, and workout!

Crossfit doesn't do pull-ups anyway, they do kipping pull-ups. One is an exercise for your back and arms, the other is a full body movement that works your flailing muscles.

Honestly, I want to care about your opinion, but can't listen to someone that gets outlifted by some of my girls.

Columbus, OH

Greg Everett's book on Olympic Weightlifting & Arnold Schwarzenegger's Modern Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding just arrived in the mail. Now it is time for me to read, make a good lifting plan for the next few weeks, eat right, and workout!

COLUMBUS WLC INC.
151 Gala Avenue
Pataskala, OH 43062
Club: #18014
Email: Mark Cannella , Megan M. Tornstrom DeFourny
Phone: (614) 832-2757

http://www.columbusweightlifting.org/

Back
Top Bottom