STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Low hip Deadlifts are pretty common in olympic lifting. Tons of drills to practice your first pull.

If you want to learn how to clean find a coach. Chances are you didn't get proper coaching. One example is Willis Magahee (sp?). Powerful as **** with a 395 clean, but it's awful technique wise. That is a guy who went through college and pro programs.

Look for an Oly gym in your area. Most offer basics courses, worth the money.

It's amazing to me how college programs don't make kids learn some type of proper form.

There were some videos of Myles Garrett squatting at A&M and it was terrifying

Watching football teams in the weight room can be funny and awful all at the same time.

I think I saw some dude from Bama squat like 700 in a ****** belt and some nikes tho. 

Watching football teams in the weight room can be funny and awful all at the same time.

I think I saw some dude from Bama squat like 700 in a ****** belt and some nikes tho. 

ROLL **** TIDE

Damn, how that happen?

Ive had a groin injury before from basketball. Wasnt fun at all. Wasnt bad but I never let it heal and kept playing on it, really limited my side to side movement. It hasnt bothered me in years though thankfully.

playing rugby, started sprinting, made a cut and felt a pain.
Kept playing, went to the doc and they said i partially tore it

Last edited:
Anybody else hate having to take a week off? Today is only the first day and I already feel worthless like I'm going to lose all my strength.

Anybody else hate having to take a week off? Today is only the first day and I already feel worthless like I'm going to lose all my strength.

I used to. Absolutely hated missing gym for any reason. But I was too sick to lift one time and I had to rest that week. Came back the following week and made PRs in all my big lifts. So I embrace the rest now when needed.

Rested all last week.. The first day which was last Monday was the toughest but my body needed the rest.. Can't wait to go back to the gym tomorrow.. :nthat:

I finally got some proper weightlifting shoes, squatted personal best of 315 x 3 with proper form on Saturday: rock solid stability. I did power cleans before that, but it was my first time trying that and my form wasn't great. I purchased Greg Everett's Olympic Weightlifting book which will come in the mail on Wednesday to improve my form. I want to try the Clean & Jerk too. How do all of you incorporate all these lifts into your routines? I'm trying to lift t 6 days a week, with the primary goal of bodybuilding. I'm doing 6 sprints each day too. I want to get stronger, leaner, and have fun doing these Olympic lifts. It's all new to me. I ate like a pig all weekend and I need to get back to eating right. :smh:

Found this video of the C&J record. Damn.

Last edited:
Repped for putting up an Ilya video. Dude is a beast and very clutch. He put up that record 241 lift after missing 239 and then seeing two dudes hit 239 and 240

It was the closest he ever got to losing in competition

Enjoy learning power cleaning bro.. It's a steep learning curve

Last edited:
Repped for putting up an Ilya video. Dude is a beast and very clutch. He put up that record 241 lift after missing 239 and then seeing two dudes hit 239 and 240

It was the closest he ever got to losing in competition

Enjoy learning power cleaning bro.. It's a steep learning curve

yeah dude i'm having a blast watching all these videos of beasts putting up serious numbers in their lifts, it's a way of life for these people. Amazing stuff.

I'm trying to challenge myself a bit more in the gym. I want a nice physique but I also want to lift big weights too. Something about oly lifting seems so satisfying.

just realized: the Arnold Sports Festival is next weekend! Damn I might have to work Sat/Sun. Really want to go.

Roads may be iced up tomorrow and I probably won't be able to hit the gym...damn bi-polar Texas weather 
mean.gif

Wow.. Man I'm so lucky to be able to walk to my gym. I go anytime as early as 6 or as late as 11pm and get my cardio done too.

Last edited:
flu got me good this weekend...haven't eaten anything solid over the weekend...energy level at -10...no gym..feelsbadman

The flu put me down for almost 2 weeks last year. I also didn't eat. It was like I got up to pee and sips water and slept for the rest of the day. Lost like15 lbs. when I was finally able to go back it was very depressing.

The flu put me down for almost 2 weeks last year. I also didn't eat. It was like I got up to pee and sips water and slept for the rest of the day. Lost like15 lbs. when I was finally able to go back it was very depressing.

Oh man. It's been a long long time since I been that sick. I had a fever for two weeks straight. Temperature wouldn't go down for nothing. Endless chills, and lethargy. I also felt like I was going insane, towards the end of it.

You lost 15 pounds :wow:

Last edited:
I ate absolutly nothing for almost 2 whole weeks. Right before then I was at the top of my game too. I think if it wasn't for that I would of legit died.

Everlast wrist wraps>>>>

I know some people don't think it's "natural" to lift with any kind of support, but meh. This was the first time I squatted heavy without feeling like my wrists were going to snap. Then again, that's probably an issue with my form as well. No matter how hard I squeezed the bar, I always felt wrist pain.

Last edited:

Everlast wrist wraps>>>>

I know some people don't think it's "natural" to lift with any kind of support, but meh. This was the first time I squatted heavy without feeling like my wrists were going to snap. Then again, that's probably an issue with my form as well. No matter how hard I squeezed the bar, I always felt wrist pain.
Those people are usually weak.

Check out Titan and SBD theyre really good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom