STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Any one work the grave yard shift / overnights? How is your workout routine ? I only can manage to work out on full days off, days that I don't work at nights. Only can put in 3-4 days a week.

Was just about to ask that earlier. Got a new job working overnight and trying to figure out if i should go to the gym when im fresh out of work or before. The job is boring so ill be rested lol

Was just about to ask that earlier. Got a new job working overnight and trying to figure out if i should go to the gym when im fresh out of work or before. The job is boring so ill be rested lol

It's different for me I have to be on point at night as a ER RN, with these 12 hr shifts. I can't tired myself before the shift starts n I'm beyond exhausted when I leave work at 8am. Only choice I have is to go on the day I don't work at nights. Only manage to do 3-4 days a week at gym. When I did retail overnights I was able to go right before work.

Concentrated on my breathing/form with low weight squats and my head/neck ache came back almost immediately -__-

Guess it's time to go to the doctor and rest longer than a week but I'd hate to lose all those gainzzzzzzzz.  Tough situation but it could be worse I guess.

Takes on the paleo diet? I eat a ton of oats and came across am article on marksdailyapple.com (paleo website) about them. Crazy to read opionions saying carbs are not essential/nessecary and actually make you hungrier....

Not a fan of strict paleo.

There's tons of ways to play with it, you will lean out though due to the lack of carbs.

Also in the beginning your body is accustomed to getting energy from carbs, they'll be lacking and it takes time for your body to adjust to getting it from other sources.

If you want to "clean" out your body it's the way to go as opposed to all the other "cleanses", at least you'll be getting a heavy dose of protein and good fats.

Couple of my friends do strict paleo for 3 days and carb load on day 4. Never tried it myself though.

Robb Wolff is a good source of Paleo information.

People sound so salty when they talk about skinny guys being vascular and having visible abs.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, no one besides themselves, wants to look like a fat power lifter.

You weigh like 135 right?

Nevermind, small women and children's opinion don't count.

Takes on the paleo diet? I eat a ton of oats and came across am article on marksdailyapple.com (paleo website) about them. Crazy to read opionions saying carbs are not essential/nessecary and actually make you hungrier....
The paleo diet (like every other fad diet that has ever existed) is a fluke. Any "diet" will **** up your metabolism in the long run. The answer is just overall sound and well rounded eating, consistently. 

Thought so.
So you're saying you don't believe nutrition intake in increments through your day helps you stay anabolic/anti-catabolic. Proven? C'mon. I heard it's proven you can get a good look at a T-Bone steak sticking your head up a bull's @ss but sure you'll take the butchers word for it.
Got off track. Anyways, maybe you got it down more than I do. What do I know? Like I said, it was just my two cents.

So you're saying you don't believe nutrition intake in increments through your day helps you stay anabolic/anti-catabolic. Proven? C'mon. I heard it's proven you can get a good look at a T-Bone steak sticking your head up a bull's @ss but sure you'll take the butchers word for it.
Got off track. Anyways, maybe you got it down more than I do. What do I know? Like I said, it was just my two cents.
Tommy Boy!! 
laugh.gif

Nah bro I wasn't coming at you like that, thats why I asked someone who knows more than me if it was proven, @Durden7  

I strongly think its good to get carbs in pre workout, then some kind of meal with a good fat/carb/protein ratio in it for post workout. Personally Im starving after I train so I eat within the hour. But meal frequency and number doesn't make a difference in my opinion, it comes down to what and how much you eat during the day as a whole and if it helps with whatever goals your trying to reach ( add/lose/maintain weight).

Last edited:
Gotcha BigBoss! Honestly, it's going to always be like that. What works for some won't work for others. I'm still learning from this daily ritualistic self-inflicted punishment.

I for sure can't eat before a workout. I still puke sometimes on leg or back day without having eaten a couple hours before. Haven't been that guy to let it out in the room but been some close calls. I definitely need a pre-workout drink to wake up. Fusion Force from BioQuest is my choice for now. Anyone else got a good pre-workout they recommend, throw it out there. Prosource.net has pretty good selection if you don't mind the week wait for shipping.

Gotcha BigBoss! Honestly, it's going to always be like that. What works for some won't work for others. I'm still learning from this daily ritualistic self-inflicted punishment.

I for sure can't eat before a workout. I still puke sometimes on leg or back day without having eaten a couple hours before. Haven't been that guy to let it out in the room but been some close calls. I definitely need a pre-workout drink to wake up. Fusion Force from BioQuest is my choice for now. Anyone else got a good pre-workout they recommend, throw it out there. Prosource.net has pretty good selection if you don't mind the week wait for shipping.

MP Assault
used to use C4 but i Hate that tingling feeling

Tweaked my wrist today. Don't know if it's just sore or actually sprained? I have full ROM. It only gets sore after the fact. Any feedback or similar experiences?

On the west coast for the first time in 7 years, had a number 1 animal style at in n out an hr ago. I might gain 5 pounds on this West coast trip

By the way, for any NTers that's been on both coasts... Shake Shack > in n out

Never got that tingling feeling till tried Jack3d some years back. Felt like someone was rubbing my ears throughout my workouts. Heard they changed the formula. Haven't had it since.

what pre workouts y'all effing with as of late? 

I recently just weened off of C4 for the month of July but now that I've been straight for 30 days I want to try something new out for august.

preferably not jack3d, s*** kinda messed me up when we started mixing it in the gatorade coolers before football games lol.

On the west coast for the first time in 7 years, had a number 1 animal style at in n out an hr ago. I might gain 5 pounds on this West coast trip

By the way, for any NTers that's been on both coasts... Shake Shack > in n out

I thought we just had a 50 page thread settling this

I recently just weened off of C4 for the month of July but now that I've been straight for 30 days I want to try something new out for august.

preferably not jack3d, s*** kinda messed me up when we started mixing it in the gatorade coolers before football games lol.
I like 1mr vortex. Great energy and focus with it.

sick.gif
 you were living life on the edge

Tommy Boy!! 
laugh.gif

Nah bro I wasn't coming at you like that, thats why I asked someone who knows more than me if it was proven, @Durden7  

I strongly think its good to get carbs in pre workout, then some kind of meal with a good fat/carb/protein ratio in it for post workout. Personally Im starving after I train so I eat within the hour. But meal frequency and number doesn't make a difference in my opinion, it comes down to what and how much you eat during the day as a whole and if it helps with whatever goals your trying to reach ( add/lose/maintain weight).
At the end of the day, there will always be a bro debate as to what meal/timing/macro ratio is most "efficient". But biologically speaking, weight gain and weight loss is simply calories in versus calories out. Dudes spend WAY too much time tweaking over the whole meal timing and ratios and all that. If you ask me, if you aren't a serious competitor in some division of fitness, there's no sense worrying about all of this stuff. Like @Durden7  said, there is no end all be all proven timing ratio or anything like that. There are definitely studies that SUGGEST there is benefit to be had with 5-7 evenly spaced meals, but no final word on it. 

White Flood (Watermelon) x Hermavol (Watermelon)

:pimp:

Back
Top Bottom