STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I only take caffeine for a pre. It gives me the focus I need plus I read somewhere that it helps with endurance at least. Don't remember if it does anything to allow you to lift heavier.

I only take preworkouts on my heavy lift days. I bought small tube of white flood (10 scoops), 4 weeks later still have about 2 - 3 scoops worth left. I def dont want to go hard on the stims.

Last edited:
Gym story for the night... Doing shoulders so I go to the dumbell rack to get weights. There stands an older (45-50) guy doing lateral shoulder raises DIRECTLY in front of the DB rack.My man was literally within inches, blocking the top and bottom row of 30's to 60's DB. And for kicks, he was using 40 lb dumbells, barely raising from his side's. Ahhhhh.

I normally lift at 24, but got a change to check out some new platforms at Lifetime today. Since I was actually lifting with a friend today, I took full advantage of it and took some videos to check my form. I also got my body fat measured. 
Squat form = excellent. Deadlift your back rounds out a bit at the beginning of your pull. I would say drop your *** a bit more and look straight up at the ceiling (Caught you self-mirin on the way up a couple times) 
laugh.gif

Squat form = excellent. Deadlift your back rounds out a bit at the beginning of your pull. I would say drop your *** a bit more and look straight up at the ceiling (Caught you self-mirin on the way up a couple times) :lol:

I might have been self-mirin' haha

Thanks for the help though. If any one else has tips on my deadlift, let me know.

Dont stare at the ceiling. Thatll create more problems.
First time I have ever heard that 

i've never heard anyone say to look at the ceiling when you deadlift. look straight up? that doesn't sound right.

Agreed. I've only ever seen people instruct others to keep your head/neck aligned with your spine (staring at the ground at start position, eventually straight ahead at the top of the movement). I've strained my neck a few times trying for a PR from bending my head too far back.

Last edited:
squatted for the first time in my romaleos today.  

eek.gif
 took my form to a whole new level.  Highly recommended, one of the best purchases of my life.  I wanted to do 3 more sets.  
laugh.gif

I was amazed at how much it helped with bench too, wasn't expecting that!  Excited to try OHP on Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont stare at the ceiling. Thatll create more problems.
This. 

Keep a neutral head position other wise your just asking for a neck injury.  You'd be better off looking down then straight up. 

Like dude said, face the outside of the rack. A good mental cue I like is act like your doing a leg press and drive the ground away from you, through your heels.

Last edited:

eek.gif
 took my form to a whole new level.  Highly recommended, one of the best purchases of my life.  I wanted to do 3 more sets.  
laugh.gif

I was amazed at how much it helped with bench too, wasn't expecting that!  Excited to try OHP on Monday.
I knew you would like them. They make life a lot easier. I started benching in mine and it was a game changer.

I knew you would like them. They make life a lot easier. I started benching in mine and it was a game changer.
yeah man thanks for dropping that link.

My biggest problem with Squats was that I had a hard time sitting back, these shoes make it so easy that I don't even have to think about it anymore.

:wow:  took my form to a whole new level.  Highly recommended, one of the best purchases of my life.  I wanted to do 3 more sets.  :lol:  

ok im gonna stop Bsn an just get these

no word on romaleo 3s yet right

My biggest problem with Squats was that I had a hard time sitting back, these shoes make it so easy that I don't even have to think about it anymore.
Yup, helped my squat a TON. Well, not using Romaleo's, im using the adidas Powerlift 2.0. Great shoe at only $90, I could only imagine how much more stable the Romaleo's are though.

No problem, they just make hitting depth so much easier.

I haven't heard of anything yet. Get them through Rogue unless you can find your size at FL. 

:wow:  took my form to a whole new level.  Highly recommended, one of the best purchases of my life.  I wanted to do 3 more sets.  :lol:  

:lol: somebody else chime in, sounds like straight placebo.

:lol: somebody else chime in, sounds like straight placebo.

lol i feel like i dont need em but want them but then again everybody praises them

i dont consider myself a powerlifter, my squat days are 315-400 no problem

i train for reps/short breaks an high intensity, supersets also not weight but ppl would consider me strong

maybe next year ill get into the powerlift scene but i want to do it at a shredded level, itll be a goal for when i turn 30 next year, smh im old now

edit: the feels, i dont feel my age at all though, thats why this gym life>

Last edited:
Hit the nail on the head there. Trying to think of how I could justify the purchase to my girl...
Like I said earlier, they can be had for around $130 if you find your size on Footlocker or Eastbay.

For this webs tie that price point should be considered the low end of what most pay for shoes that they just casual wear or let collect dust.

Tell her you need em for da ganizzz 

Back
Top Bottom