STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Thank you everyone for your input. Reps allaround. I will be in vegas 4 days then off to los angeles for another 5 days.

For those who take daily supps. what side effects do you have when drinking alcohol? Or do you just not drink?

I rarely drink anymore. but I am headed to Vegas next weekend. While i still plan to hit the gym early in the AM i will be drining and deviating moderately from my current diet. Should I continue with my supps or put them on pause while consuming alcohol...

Current sups:
Amino acid
protein
fish oil
GNC womens ripped pack
thermogenic/caffeine mix

i just dont want to be sick on vacay
http://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/lifters-guide-to-alcohol

Probably because you messing with your body while drinking booze and the supplements wont have their full effect

Im just guessing though

Last edited:
If you're a chick and your going to go to Vegas for the 1st time and plan on drinking the only 3 supps you need 1) birth control, B) morning after pill (If option 1 fails), and iii) A hanger (if option 1 & B fails). That's it. The hanger is available at GNC or any FDA certified dry cleaners.

If you're a chick and your going to go to Vegas for the 1st time and plan on drinking the only 3 supps you need 1) birth control, B) morning after pill (If option 1 fails), and iii) A hanger (if option 1 & B fails). That's it. The hanger is available at GNC or any FDA certified dry cleaners.

:smh: :rolleyes :lol:

I'll never understand how someone can hang around people that are drunk and not be drunk themselves... Everytime I find myself in that situation  I hate life.

I'll never understand how someone can hang around people that are drunk and not be drunk themselves... Everytime I find myself in that situation  I hate life.
this is my least favorite situation in college....second weekend of the school year we went out on a friday to a bar then a house party after and didn't get home until like 5 or 6 am.

to make a long story short, this was also the night before the first football game of the year and my homie and I were already planning on tailgating with one of m friend's families...little did we forget that the game was at noon and the tailgate started at 9 lol. I honestly couldn't even think about consuming more alcohol, let alone see it after that night, but all of my friends went OD lol. worst football game I've ever been too, being half buzzed, half hungover and fully pissed.

What's everyone's total daily calories looking like? Goals?
I'm at about 1800-2000 o any given day...been eating relatively clean minus sundays with family lunch after church, but I'm definitely seeing results after switching up my diet and workout plan as opposed to when I was just working out and partying all the time.

At this point, I'd like to be back down to a clean 195 from my current 235 by next february.

Man i just love my junk food too much. I eat pretty decent during the week, but the weekends are a problem. If it wasn't for my wife, i'd probably eat junk food every day. 

Have fun in Vegas SoleWoman.

Anyone with experience taking Cytomax? I already take protein & amino acids, but don't drink anything pre-workout. Someone gave me an extra tub and said it would be good to drink before I lift.

Opinions?

Last edited:
@solewoman I recommend taking an Emergen-C, some alkaline water, and some BCAAs. Those are just to help with the hangover. Other than that, take a break from supps and enjoy the vacay!

LMFAOOOOO funny. i dont have to worry about that I wil be with my BF but thank you for the wonderful advice.

Have fun in Vegas SoleWoman.

Anyone with experience taking Cytomax? I already take protein & amino acids, but don't drink anything pre-workout. Someone gave me an extra tub and said it would be good to drink before I lift.

Opinions?

Thank you :smile:

and yes i was just concerned that the combination would effect my digestive system or something.

i wont lie going to vegas as a couple kinda sucks...........

ive done it myself

you going in a group at least?

how important is cutting fat in your diet whike cutting? just saw the rocks diet and he literally eats nothing but protein and oats. eggs whites, fish and chicken lol

For those who take daily supps. what side effects do you have when drinking alcohol? Or do you just not drink?

I rarely drink anymore. but I am headed to Vegas next weekend. While i still plan to hit the gym early in the AM i will be drining and deviating moderately from my current diet. Should I continue with my supps or put them on pause while consuming alcohol...

Current sups:
Amino acid
protein
fish oil
GNC womens ripped pack
thermogenic/caffeine mix

i just dont want to be sick on vacay

if its just a 1-2 drinks a day you're ok
anymore...NO
....did a bar crawl in LA...my stomach smacked the **** outta me

if its just a 1-2 drinks a day you're ok
anymore...NO
....did a bar crawl in LA...my stomach smacked the **** outta me
lolz...we hopped local dc universities one night and that was the absoulte worst decisions I've ever made. honestly couldn't tell you what went into my system that night.

How does this come off then? That is what I was replying to

I would say that has more of an attacking tone then your advice is fundamentally wrong

Again agree to disagree

The truth! :lol:

@solewoman, you'll be fine, enjoy your trip. It probably wont kill you until you return to your normal routine. That first day back at the gym is going to suck. Embrace the pain, :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom