STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I had a super great leg day today. I was able to squat 315lbs for 10 reps on my 3rd set from 295lbs and 305lbs sets. Since I was so hyped that I was able to get 315lbs and that my knee nor my back was hurting. I decided to go up in weight. I was able to get. 335x3, 385x1 (new PR), than I went for 405lbs and was able to get it for 3 reps. Which was my goal as well as my new PR. My new goal is to hit 415 with no spot. I did have on for my 415lbs set but I'm not sure how much he helped.

I want to stay at 315lbs for the summer to continue to work on my form with heavy weight. In the fall and winter, I'm going to turn it up.

Bruh....if you can rep 405 for 3 reps....after doing all that volume...you can easily reach 415lbs hell you could hit 455 for 1 rep more then likely.

I had working sets last night at 315lb and my first set i did 4 reps.  Second set i did 3 reps.  And my 1 rep max is 365lbs although i haven't tested it in a while.

It's literally all in my head. Every since I hurt my back in April and my knees have been a consistent nag. I just thought 315lbs would be my limit. Now that I now supplement glucosamine and foam roll my lower back every morning and before my workout. I don't feel the little pains here and there anymore. I can now squat with no worries. I really want to film my squats since I'm getting noticed in the gym now :lol:

Well, when I have a shirt on it's not like it's a bulge there, so I guess I shouldn't be too worried. But at the same time, I'm making gains everywhere else, but my abs, aren't there yet.

So I should continue to bulk for the rest of the summer, and mix in some cardio, and then cut when I get back to school? Because it would be a lot easier for me to cut at school, since I have to eat at the cafe all the time
Assuming you're like me and are fairly built but have some stomach fat. I would say continue bulking or even go on a two week cut to trim some fat.

But I plan on cutting when I go back to school since my time is limited and it would be easier to be in a caloric deficit.

It's literally all in my head. Every since I hurt my back in April and my knees have been a consistent nag. I just thought 315lbs would be my limit. Now that I now supplement glucosamine and foam roll my lower back every morning and before my workout. I don't feel the little pains here and there anymore. I can now squat with no worries. I really want to film my squats since I'm getting noticed in the gym now
laugh.gif
I might try out glucosamine and see if it works for me. If it would help with my lower back soreness that would be a godsend.

If anyone knows where to get cheap(er) dumbbells in bulk or not, help a brother out. Thats all I need to complete my home setup and then I won't "have" to go to my gym unless I want to.
If there's a Play It Again Sports in your area, it might be a good place to look. I scored several dumbells from them at a great price.

If there's a Play It Again Sports in your area, it might be a good place to look. I scored several dumbells from them at a great price.
Thats where Ive been going to in my area but they still charge around $1 a pound. I want something cheaper then that. 
Glucosamine treats joint related issues. Assuming your back soreness is muscular in origin, it shouldn't help.
Yeah I figured that but I have joint pain in other areas so hopefully it will help that.

I just started using a lacrosse ball to roll on and it has made a difference.

Man i hit a plateu, im stuck at 198 been 2 weeks (started at 212) and cant lose anymore weight. Im 5'9" on a 1,600k cal diet. Im on a bb.com program, lift 4 times a week, cardio on rest days. You guys recomend me eat more?

Last edited:
Man i hit a plateu, im stuck at 198 been 2 weeks (started at 212) and cant lose anymore weight. Im 5'9" on a 1,600k cal diet. Im on a bb.com program, lift 4 times a week, cardio on rest days. You guys recomend me eat more?
A refeed might be in your best interest.

Unconventional workout today because my work schedule was busy...

Got in the gym from 7:50-8:15 then went back to finish up from 10:10 - 10:40...

Do what you gotta do, right? :lol:

Anybody here not bulk or cut? Just eat and lift and not worry too too much about nutrition and macros and whatnot.

Anybody here not bulk or cut? Just eat and lift and not worry too too much about nutrition and macros and whatnot.

i dont count macros at all

i amino pulse all day an eat what i want, if i want to bulk or cut i know how too i dunno its 2nd nature to me now.....now if i was to do a contest prep like my buddy you cant wing that

im currently 200lbs now, i was 208 may 1st

Last edited:

Yep

I play sports.  My only goal with lifting is to try to remain functionally strong and obviously id like to look good as well.  I don't really count calories, i try to watch what i eat but i don't sweat it.  I love food and i like the way i look so i just strive for higher lifting numbers while keeping my weight within a 10lb range

i dont count macros at all

i amino pulse all day an eat what i want, if i want to bulk or cut i know how too i dunno its 2nd nature to me now.....now if i was to do a contest prep like my buddy you cant wing that

im currently 200lbs now, i was 208 may 1st
I'm about to just do that and end this cut. Just eat whatever I want but not go too crazy. I generally know whats good for me. And just keep lifting. Much happier that way.

I'm not big by any means. Fairly lean all around. 5'9" 180 lbs. But this damn gut man smh. It also doesn't help that I get super bloated after i eat. Even when i drink a sip of water I get bloated

I'm probably just gonna add cardio into the mix 1 or 2 times a week. I currently do no cardio lol.

I feel like just generally eating right and aiming to get stronger and actually be in good shape is the right path to take and then the aesthetics will come as a result

Last edited:

I eat what I want but I just make sure I get my fruits and veggies in. I don't like the idea of bulking and cutting. I just maintain.

Back
Top Bottom