STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I'm not big by any means. Fairly lean all around. 5'9" 180 lbs. But this damn gut man smh. It also doesn't help that I get super bloated after i eat. Even when i drink a sip of water I get bloated

i dont have a gut at all

im 6'1" 200lbs, i dont do cardio an i eat what i want. i dont mean to humble brag

its hard for me to explain but i just know numbers of things in my head an i know how to offset when i eat something lovely.........amino acids help me maintain muscle, i dont eat 250 g protein a day, im all set, id feel heavy all day from all that digestion

im usually 2-3 food meals a day

i dont drink garbage whey commercial shakes like zyzz or drink alcohol so thats why i have abs also :D

i dont have a gut at all

im 6'1" 200lbs, i dont do cardio an i eat what i want. i dont mean to humble brag

its hard for me to explain but i just know numbers of things in my head an i know how to offset when i eat something lovely.........amino acids help me maintain muscle, i dont eat 250 g protein a day, im all set, id feel heavy all day from all that digestion

im usually 2-3 food meals a day

i dont drink garbage whey commercial shakes like zyzz or drink alcohol so thats why i have abs also
happy.gif
How much aminos so you taking a day. aminos as in BCAAs correct? You just sip it all day? I would much rather just keep getting my protein from meals and take aminos rather than shakes.

I might try out glucosamine and see if it works for me. If it would help with my lower back soreness that would be a godsend.
if it's acute muscle soreness, glucosamine will not work. heck, it doesn't even really have a significant positive effect on joints like most people think.

Same w/ me for the most part.

Portion control + cardio is what helps.
Cardio definitely helping you stay lean?

There's this argument between lifting and cardio. A lot of dudes say you burn enough just from lifting where you dont even need cardio.

Can we discuss this?

How much aminos so you taking a day. aminos as in BCAAs correct? You just sip it all day? I would much rather just keep getting my protein from meals and take aminos rather than shakes.

do what works for you

there is no right answer, this is how i roll

i cant eat protein meals all day, feel sluggish and tired..........i also train fasted an i dont believe in post workout carbs.....usually deads squats i have carb/protein meal 1 hour after my amino pulse though, burn so many damn cals

Last edited:
hey iron man do you still crossfit? did you ever open your place? you have IG?

i have no use for CF but i am working on muscle ups.......almost there, can you do those?

edit: just saw your sig

Last edited:
Cardio definitely helping you stay lean?

There's this argument between lifting and cardio. A lot of dudes say you burn enough just from lifting where you dont even need cardio.

Can we discuss this?

The older you get, the more you learn to embrace cardio. Especially on your off days from the gym. Everyone is different, but it's REALLY helped me.

You already follow me :lol:, yup, place is open. Good times, lot of work.

Currently doing an Outlaw Cycle, do it in the morning, then hit a metcon at night.

Need to eat more, currently consuming about 2200 calories (guesstimate), want to get 2500-2750.

CORRECT!

LOL GLAD U CAME IN HERE. POSTING BOUT IT IN THE CELEB HEAT THREAD WAS NO BUENO MAN.

U KNOW ITS ALL IN FUN WHEN WE TEASE ABOUT CROSSFIT.

it's all good.. like i said.. to each their own.. some like going to a regular globo gym and chill and talk and lift.. others like constant movement... it just depends on what you like.. as long as it gets you results

Wouldn't be in the shape i'm in if it wasn't for CF.
Wouldn't be hitting the numbers I'm hitting if it wasn't for CF.
Wouldn't be as mobile/flexible if it wasn't for CF.
Wouldn't be as motivated if it wasn't for CF.
Wouldn't have grown my network if it wasn't for CF.
Wouldn't have been a small business owner if it wasn't for CF.
Wouldn't have had the gateway to Oly Lifting if it wasn't for CF.

Those are just a few. It's worked for me, and I'm cool with that.

Most criticism of CF revolves around picking on beginners which is like walking into a 24 hour fitness/LA Fitness and pointing out all the fat people there and saying body building is terrible and doesn't work.

Like the growth that CF has sparked in the Strongman, Powerlifting and Oly Lifting communities.

I can only speak for SoCal, but even Barbell Clubs are getting a boost now and Power Lifters are creating their own communities. :lol:, so much for the "cult" mentality.

Just looking at a local one, Barbell Brigade, it's awesome what they are doing and what they are building. Look at their media, they use the terms family and community constantly. Wonder where that came from?

Find what works for you and go with it. I'd rather lift/workout than focus my energy on nitpicking or criticizing another form of fitness.

You already follow me :lol:, yup, place is open. Good times, lot of work.

Currently doing an Outlaw Cycle, do it in the morning, then hit a metcon at night.

Need to eat more, currently consuming about 2200 calories (guesstimate), want to get 2500-2750.

thats awesome man congrats to you

will have to visit one day

lol youre right i do follow you, you know how NT names differ lol

Last edited:
robin thicke is internationalchestday correct

no idea why i always thought you were a black guy lol

robin thicke is internationalchestday correct

no idea why i always thought you were a black guy lol
LMAO BRO THIS REMINDS ME OF EVERY PYP THOUGH.

ONE GUY PM'D ME ABOUT HOW DISAPPOINTED HE WAS THAT I WASNT REALLY ROBIN THICKE.

SIDE NOTE: 

IF YOURE IN THAT BIG GUYS WINNING THREAD OR IM FAT AND SCARED TO CHECK THE TEAM FITNESS THREAD, THIS LAKERS FAN JUST FIRED SHOTS:
^^work out and eat less. .....
its not rocket science . That ish to complicated in that thread plus everyone lies about not being on roids.

Most criticism of CF revolves around picking on beginners which is like walking into a 24 hour fitness/LA Fitness and pointing out all the fat people there and saying body building is terrible and doesn't work.

Like the growth that CF has sparked in the Strongman, Powerlifting and Oly Lifting communities.

I can only speak for SoCal, but even Barbell Clubs are getting a boost now and Power Lifters are creating their own communities.
laugh.gif
, so much for the "cult" mentality.

Just looking at a local one, Barbell Brigade, it's awesome what they are doing and what they are building. Look at their media, they use the terms family and community constantly. Wonder where that came from?

Find what works for you and go with it. I'd rather lift/workout than focus my energy on nitpicking or criticizing another form of fitness.
THAT'S WHAT THE BEST PART OF CROSSFIT IS MAN. DEF A DOPE PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

2zef2ub.jpg

Put down another 8 today after my "refeed" day on Tuesday.

Pizza Hut recently opened up near the house, can't go wrong with $8 large

But I have to stay on track

Ugh. I hate the shape I'm in right now. I'm 5"11 170

On that skinny fat steeZ. Watch me though, by July 30 I will be different man.

I hate hate hate running but I respect it.

I recently deleted my nike plus app. Had about 40 miles logged from jan-mar of 2012. :lol:

Still program runs. Hate them though.

Ugh. I hate the shape I'm in right now. I'm 5"11 170

On that skinny fat steeZ. Watch me though, by July 30 I will be different man.

I would aim for the end of the summer

I hate hate hate running but I respect it.

I recently deleted my nike plus app. Had about 40 miles logged from jan-mar of 2012. :lol:

Still program runs. Hate them though.

I love to sprint and I can do that all day but I hate jogging with a passion. Too much time to think

I can only speak for SoCal, but even Barbell Clubs are getting a boost now and Power Lifters are creating their own communities. :lol:, so much for the "cult" mentality.

This is why I asked my question, along with a handful of other responses in here. i was legitimately curious, I only said I don't plan to train crossfit because I'm speaking in regards to the immediate future and I'm not really impressed with any of the boxes around here.

So thank you for the insight. I'm not knocking it, no need to be so defensive.

Back
Top Bottom