STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

One thing I've noticed since being back in the gym. Is that putting my focus on core and lower back strength has help most if not all of my compound movements. For example in the past if I went heavier than 225lbs on squats. I would need a belt. Now, I'm at 265lbs and I'm not even thinking about a belt. My OHP has also improved (form wise) and I now do dumbbell shoulder press standing up. Feels good man.

One thing I've noticed since being back in the gym. Is that putting my focus on core and lower back strength has help most if not all of my compound movements. For example in the past if I went heavier than 225lbs on squats. I would need a belt. Now, I'm at 265lbs and I'm not even thinking about a belt. My OHP has also improved (form wise) and I now do dumbbell shoulder press standing up. Feels good man.
Yeah - I've noticed the more that I actively try and engage my core especially in the press and squat, the stronger I feel.

week 1 stronglifts in the books...I added dips and pull ups at the end of my routine, also running a mile on the track...probably just in my head, but I already feel my chest tightening up.

I feel like I started too low on the bench though (just the bar)  Seems way too easy and a waste of time.  Loving squats though.

Last edited by a moderator:
demetrius crawford reppin the bay
pimp.gif

i personally think some football players have some of the best physiques. lean with thick, dense muscles. seems like you never see a football player without a thick back. all those power cleans, deadlifts, etc.
smokin.gif

athletic aesthetics > *
smokin.gif
Agree, the **** Im out here trying to achieve they came out the womb with 
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
mean.gif

Ray Allen 8% Nate Robinson and D Rose the same height? What NBA are you guys watching lol

Last edited:
What's your guys' go-to cheat meal? Mine's is a Yoshinoya Beef Bowl.

Depends. For cheap eats I usually do an In N Out burger combo with shake. Usually I try to get something good though since I only have a couple of those weekly, Morton's sounds good right now :lol:

Had a dept lunch, ate a 12 inch pie of BBQ prime rib pizza for lunch yesterday :lol: today is about to be the same more or less. Will be living at the gym this weekend :lol:

demetrius crawford reppin the bay :pimp:

i personally think some football players have some of the best physiques. lean with thick, dense muscles. seems like you never see a football player without a thick back. all those power cleans, deadlifts, etc. :smokin

athletic aesthetics > * :smokin

The look I'm going for...

Agreed, I played football in HS so I always had that "football build" I always had wanted to achieve that perfect aesthetic build.... I always had more of a Ray Rice build....Ray Edwards was one build I wanted until he deceided to leave the Falcons for Modeling....

Another one is Laron Landry but its apparent he isnt "natural"

I got a new cutting routine... want to wait until New Years.... but im feeling like a kid on Christmas and want to get it NOW.

Really trying hard not to sound like a ****, but this is common sense.

I hit 315 (Squats) and 405 (deadlift) regularly with no belt. Core work is often ignored, but is extremely beneficial.

Knocked out a few hand stand push ups last night... *feelsgoodman*

Last edited:
Agreed, I played football in HS so I always had that "football build" I always had wanted to achieve that perfect aesthetic build.... I always had more of a Ray Rice build....Ray Edwards was one build I wanted until he deceided to leave the Falcons for Modeling....

Another one is Laron Landry but its apparent he isnt "natural"

I got a new cutting routine... want to wait until New Years.... but im feeling like a kid on Christmas and want to get it NOW.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I know he does it to show off the abs, but cutting your top to look like a females sports bra, :lol:

That **** is meticulously cut too, :lol:

He just signed a 4 year $24 mill contract with the colts $14 mill guaranteed so he can't be that bad. Dude looks like a monster probably lives in the weight room in the off season.

If only those muscles could help his coverage and play recognition ability

Dude got some of the best arms I've seen though, my man must be doing unlimited curls

A lot of trance, and trap music with the Rocky IV soundtrack sprinkled on top. iPod gets updated every week or so with new songs I hear on satellite radio.

shout out to the rocky iv soundtrack

Im tryna incorporate some new sounds in my workout

any specific recommendations though?

Trumpstep, clap music, pampam style.

But really hit up spotify for them trap playlists. Or if you like that electronic style, check out the podcasts. It's the iPhones beer new feature imo.

Hit a PR of 280 on bench, previous of 265. Was unplanned and felt great.

Still on the road to that 3 plate feel.

Back
Top Bottom