Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Durden7

IICE is on one of his roid rampages again......
smh.gif
nah iice should post here more

dude gets too much $%%* for no reason but w/e hes cool in my book

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

smh.gif

Agreed. As long as that dude MrChocolate or whatever from the last thread chimes in. I can't stand his posts/replies.

smh.gif

I said taht because he took it all as a personal attack and felt the need to "fluff his feathers". The topic wasnt about him so the videos wereunnecessary.

smh.gif

I said taht because he took it all as a personal attack and felt the need to "fluff his feathers". The topic wasnt about him so the videos were unnecessary.
i mean w/e i dont mind it at all, hell i would encourage anyone who has vids of them to post em up, i dont see the problem.

Originally Posted by I3

This thread has its pms days lol

Its all good I guess, a great discussion is always good - as long as its respectful.

Woke up to a brilliant day here in New Zealand - have a good feeling about todays workout. Less than 2 weeks 'til Christmas folks!

Yeah discussion/disagreement is a good thing its the personal attacks that ruin it.

Truth. I'm just scared it's gonna escalate like after that Chocolate dude or whatever showed up....but it's been good so far.

So I went to the Physio today and have been diagnosed with Patello Femoral Syndrome
ohwell.gif
Chronic Knee injury at 23 FTL

I've been getting stiffness in my knees just sitting with my knees bent for more than 15 mins. Even worse, my knees are very sore after running on atreadmill/concrete for a long duration.

The last routine I was on was high reps based and it's definitely made things worse. I was doing Squats 3 times a week in the 8-12 range and it looks likemy body disagrees with those.

For now I've gotta stay off the squats for a while.. anyone got any good replacement exercises?

Anyone have a solid HIRT workout? I've been doing HIIT and random weight lifting around it, and am now bored.

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

wawaweewa wrote:

It's not muscle though. Really, it's not.
Muscle fiber is muscle fiber and water is water. You're not losing muscle. You're losing water.

There is no such thing as temporary or permanent muscle. Muscle isn't a static object. It's constantly changing to adapt to the stress that it's put under.

I feel like I'm arguing with a child.
laugh.gif

You can believe what youw ant to believe. It's no sweat off of my back. I'm telling you what the reality is though.
"Temporary muscle"� is a term used in bodybuilding describing the appearance of muscle mass by� means other than muscular hypertrophy or hyperplasia.
"Permanent muscle" (lean mass) is a term for muscle mass achieved by ways of muscular hypertrophy or hyperplasia. But I shouldnt've expected you to know that type of terminology, so your ignorance is excused.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

IF we want to come up with a definition for temporary muscle wouldn't it be more of like myself weighing (prob) at least 40 lbs less than Ice but lifting (I'd venture to guess) at least 1.5x more than him. Better yet, on a pound for pound basis it's prob 2x, 2.5x, hell maybe even more
laugh.gif

Ice, if you wan to come up with a definition for "temporary muscle" the above may be it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
now your talkin #**%.....
Like told Audi, post some pics and vids of these "spectacular lifts.

Talk is cheap

Slow reps-check
form- check
back flat on the bench-check
And this is after my chest workout.
laugh.gif

Ok. now im waiting for you to post a vid of your benching 187lb dumbells
laugh.gif
since you can lift 1.5x more than me.
btw. my chest is my weakest bodypart

[h2]
[/h2]
First off, I;m not the one who took it to a personal level. You did with your
Ok now lemme break it down for you...you listening???
laugh.gif

Up until that point I was just trying to debate. Even if your points were asinine.

Congrats on your flat db press. I don't take videos of myself. I don't feel the need. There are videos of me on the net during a few of my comps. Ifyou want to find them go ahead.
laugh.gif

I'm not here to get into a pissing match but your concept of "temporary muscle" can be applied more to BB'ers like you than to anyone whotakes creatine if there even was such a thing. I'm pretty sure I can lift 1.5x more than you in any of the major lifts. On the other hand I'm prettysure you can lift 2x more than me on cable tricep pressdowns. Boo Hoo. Considering I literally do 8 sets of chest excercise a week, I don't think doing 135DB's is all that bad for somone who weighs 177. Along with workig 80 hour weeks.
frown.gif
Give me 6 months to concentrate on chest , a monetary incentive
laugh.gif
, and I canassure you I'll come close to 180+.

The fact is you're talking gibberish when it comes to creatine. I've been around high level weighlifting atheletes for a good portion of my life.I've competed at a pretty high level for a few years. I've learned from many good/great weightlifters.You can post as many videos as you want. Itdoesn't mean that you know what you're talking about when it comes to creatine.

"

smh.gif

I said taht because he took it all as a personal attack and felt the need to "fluff his feathers". The topic wasnt about him so the videos were unnecessary.
i mean w/e i dont mind it at all, hell i would encourage anyone who has vids of them to post em up, i dont see the problem.

Theres a difference between what youd like to see and what was done though.

wawaweewa wrote:

Muscle fiber is muscle fiber and water is water. You're not losing muscle. You're losing water.

There is no such thing as temporary or permanent muscle. Muscle isn't a static object. It's constantly changing to adapt to the stress that it's put under.

laugh.gif

You can believe what youw ant to believe. It's no sweat off of my back. I'm telling you what the reality is though.
"Temporary muscle"� is a term used in bodybuilding describing the appearance of muscle mass by� means other than muscular hypertrophy or hyperplasia.
"Permanent muscle" (lean mass) is a term for muscle mass achieved by ways of muscular hypertrophy or hyperplasia. But I shouldnt've expected you to know that type of terminology, so your ignorance is excused.

IF we want to come up with a definition for temporary muscle wouldn't it be more of like myself weighing (prob) at least 40 lbs less than Ice but lifting (I'd venture to guess) at least 1.5x more than him. Better yet, on a pound for pound basis it's prob 2x, 2.5x, hell maybe even more
laugh.gif

Ice, if you wan to come up with a definition for "temporary muscle" the above may be it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Talk is cheap

Slow reps-check
form- check
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

[h2]
[/h2]
laugh.gif

Up until that point I was just trying to debate. Even if your points were asinine.

Congrats on your flat db press. I don't take videos of myself. I don't feel the need. There are videos of me on the net during a few of my comps. If you want to find them go ahead.
laugh.gif

I'm not here to get into a pissing match but your concept of "temporary muscle" can be applied more to BB'ers like you than to anyone who takes creatine if there even was such a thing. I'm pretty sure I can lift 1.5x more than you in any of the major lifts. On the other hand I'm pretty sure you can lift 2x more than me on cable tricep pressdowns. Boo Hoo. Considering I literally do 8 sets of chest excercise a week, I don't think doing 135 DB's is all that bad for somone who weighs 177. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Along with workig 80 hour weeks.[/color]
frown.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Give me 6 months to concentrate on chest , a monetary incentive[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], and I can assure you I'll come close to 180+.[/color]

The fact is you're talking gibberish when it comes to creatine. I've been around high level weighlifting atheletes for a good portion of my life. I've competed at a pretty high level for a few years. I've learned from many good/great weightlifters.You can post as many videos as you want. It doesn't mean that you know what you're talking about when it comes to creatine.

"

Look I understand we each have different understandings of our physical limits and such, but I think that was a bit much. 6 months to bump up 50lbs...per arm? Umm....

Granted your 135 lb dumbbell presses are already extremely impressive in my book. I haven't seen anybody in the gyms I work in do that who is even near 177(they all look to be 190+). And hell, I just weighed myself and I got 177 (on a digital scale) and I'm only capable of 95lbers. How long have you beenlifting again?

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

wawaweewa wrote:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Talk is cheap

Slow reps-check
form- check
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

[h2]
[/h2]
laugh.gif

Congrats on your flat db press. I don't take videos of myself. I don't feel the need. There are videos of me on the net during a few of my comps. If you want to find them go ahead.
laugh.gif

I'm not here to get into a pissing match but your concept of "temporary muscle" can be applied more to BB'ers like you than to anyone who takes creatine if there even was such a thing. I'm pretty sure I can lift 1.5x more than you in any of the major lifts. On the other hand I'm pretty sure you can lift 2x more than me on cable tricep pressdowns. Boo Hoo. Considering I literally do 8 sets of chest excercise a week, I don't think doing 135 DB's is all that bad for somone who weighs 177. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Along with workig 80 hour weeks.[/color]
frown.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Give me 6 months to concentrate on chest , a monetary incentive[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)], and I can assure you I'll come close to 180+.[/color]

The fact is you're talking gibberish when it comes to creatine. I've been around high level weighlifting atheletes for a good portion of my life. I've competed at a pretty high level for a few years. I've learned from many good/great weightlifters.You can post as many videos as you want. It doesn't mean that you know what you're talking about when it comes to creatine.

"

Look I understand we each have different understandings of our physical limits and such, but I think that was a bit much. 6 months to bump up 50 lbs...per arm? Umm....

Granted your 135 lb dumbbell presses are already extremely impressive in my book. I haven't seen anybody in the gyms I work in do that who is even near 177 (they all look to be 190+). And hell, I just weighed myself and I got 177 (on a digital scale) and I'm only capable of 95lbers. How long have you been lifting again?

Half of the increase would be easily achieved by sheer muscle memory if all I did in those 6 months was concentrate on improving my DB press(mostly using various secondary exercises).� I can prob do a bit more than 135 but that's the highest DB the gym I currently go to has. I don't enjoydoing chest anyway and never have (I find it boring) so I'm content with it at present. I'd prob have to put on around10 lbs of fat in that timespanthat would also help in getting to 180. Mass (fat, muscle, bone, etc.), in and of itself, aids in weightlifting.

If you trained for explosiveness, 130's DB at 177 would be very achievable. It's not that impressive. I'm not lying either. In college I used totrain with a good friend (he's now lives in Turkey ) who weighed around 200 and did 200 lbs. DB (for *%!@@ an giggles a few times; he loved incline BB forsome reason)� pretty easily. He was also one of the strongest 200 lb strongmen (if you can say 200lb is a strongman
laugh.gif
) in the US. He was a great presserthough and kind of a maniac (in a good way most of the time).

I've been lifting since 16 (24 now) and I would say that I've been serious about it since 19 years for age or so. It used to be my life for a fewyears. I sacrificed more than� few times in the punani dept. during college because of upcoming comps on weekends.
tired.gif
laugh.gif

[h1]Anabolic Steroids Result in Permanent Muscle Gains[/h1]http://www.mesomorphosis.com/blog/2008/04/04/anabolic-steroids-result-in-permanent-muscle-gains/

When the researchers looked at the subjects' muscles through a microscope, they made a surprising discovery: Rather than returning to their original proportions, the muscles of the steroid users who'd stopped taking the drug looked remarkably similar to those of the subjects who were still using. They also had larger muscle fibers and more growth-inducing "myonuclei" in their muscle cells than the nonsteroid users.
The main findings were that: a) Muscle fiber hypertrophy by strength training is further increased by anabolic steroids. b) The number of nuclei per muscle fiber is higher in power lifters using anabolic steroids compared to non-steroids using lifters. c) Among power lifters who have withdrawn from anabolic steroid usage and training for several years, the number of myonuclei, both subsarcolemmal and internal, remains high. d) In active power lifters, anabolic steroids have no further effect on the number of satellite cells per fiber. e) Power lifters have a high proportion of split fibers.

In the description of a well known supplement companys supplement
MT-231.jpg
l Leukic Hardcore achieves what every bodybuilder craves - pure anabolism for massive gains
in dense, permanent muscle.

[h2]Based on the latest research available, creatine does[/h2]
  • Increase body weight and muscle mass This is either due to fluid retention associated with the creatine or enhanced skeletal muscle synthesis. The benefits are temporary, and supplementation must be continued to maintain desired results.
  • Delay fatigue during repeated bouts of high-intensity exercise, such as power lifting, or other "anaerobic" exercises
  • Improve muscle recovery during high-intensity exercise
http://healthydevil.studentaffairs.duke.edu/health_info/Creatine.html

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

wawa has been keeping his incredible hulk strength a secret?

Don't be so modest. POST THOSE VIDS MAN.
Ha , na. I value my privacy. I don't even have a facebook for that exact reason. Like I said, there still videos out there though (I think).

For the better part of 2 years I trained with some amateur and pro strongmen in upstate NY. I remember having a few videos around from those times. I stillremember this dude.

577285093_9b5fe20513.jpg

Mad cool. German Cross was always kind of a bit weird but I never asked too many questions.
laugh.gif

He ran his Jeep at highway speed into a ditch once because "I was drunk and needed the adrenaline rush". Word for word what he used to tell me.

Dude does all these comps,super impressive lifts yet has no vids to back up the trash talking
laugh.gif

smh.gif

I cant even mess with this thread. Dudes in here get insecure when I appear, then start having ego trips cause they think they know it all.
I drop some real knowledge and back it up, they try pump up their chests and talk about imaginary lifts or how their buddies can bench more than me
smh.gif

Im thinking we talking about creatine,. Dude gets *****y saying he can DB 1.5x more than me..........then switches it to "in 6 months"
eek.gif
laugh.gif

[h1]Anabolic Steroids Result in Permanent Muscle Gains[/h1]http://www.mesomorphosis.com/blog/2008/04/04/anabolic-steroids-result-in-permanent-muscle-gains/

When the researchers looked at the subjects' muscles through a microscope, they made a surprising discovery: Rather than returning to their original proportions, the muscles of the steroid users who'd stopped taking the drug looked remarkably similar to those of the subjects who were still using. They also had larger muscle fibers and more growth-inducing "myonuclei" in their muscle cells than the nonsteroid users.
The main findings were that: a) Muscle fiber hypertrophy by strength training is further increased by anabolic steroids. b) The number of nuclei per muscle fiber is higher in power lifters using anabolic steroids compared to non-steroids using lifters. c) Among power lifters who have withdrawn from anabolic steroid usage and training for several years, the number of myonuclei, both subsarcolemmal and internal, remains high. d) In active power lifters, anabolic steroids have no further effect on the number of satellite cells per fiber. e) Power lifters have a high proportion of split fibers.

MT-231.jpg
l Leukic Hardcore achieves what every bodybuilder craves - pure anabolism for massive gains

• Increase body weight and muscle mass This is either due to fluid retention associated with the creatine or enhanced skeletal muscle synthesis. The benefits are temporary, and supplementation must be continued to maintain desired results.
  • Delay fatigue during repeated bouts of high-intensity exercise, such as power lifting, or other "anaerobic" exercises

First of all, MUSCLETECH is advertising. They can say whatever they want.

When it comes to the Duke page theya re saying that the benefits of Creatine are temporary and stop with the cessationof creatine supplementation. The mass that one will shed will be the water weight. You will not magically experience atrophy of your muscle fibers. They willall still be there. I think you're misunderstaing ther argument.

^^^Post vids/pics man or we wont believe you.

J/K
laugh.gif

Anyways, wawa, can you post what your split looks like and which exercises you do?

I'm more into explosive lifts too simply because they're more interesting to do. I'll squat, DL, clean 2-3x a week but do tricep, bicep, deltisolation exercises maybe once a month and I'll quit after 10 mins due to boredom
laugh.gif

Dude does all these comps,super impressive lifts yet has no vids to back up the trash talking
laugh.gif

smh.gif

I cant even mess with this thread. Dudes in here get insecure when I appear, then start having ego trips cause they think they know it all.
I drop some real knowledge and back it up, they try pump up their chests and talk about imaginary lifts or how their buddies can bench more than me
smh.gif

Im thinking we talking about creatine,. Dude gets *****y saying he can DB 1.5x more than me..........then switches it to "in 6 months"
eek.gif
laugh.gif
Never said I can DB 1.5x more than you. I said lift 1.5x mroe than you and to me "lift' means the major lifts. I still stand by that. Ifyou want to go the route of DB bench press than I can catch up. Just give me a little time.
laugh.gif

You're the one who started to act condescending for no good reason whatsoever. I'd venture to say that the one who constantly feels the need to postvideos "prove" something is the insecure one. What do I need to prove to you? Who are you? You think I trained through injuries half the time just soI could "prove" things to people? All I need to do is prove things to myself (and my family). Nobody else.
You not believing me won't effect me a bit. Trust me. None of my lifts are that impressive, per se. They might be impressive to those who never trained ina competitive environment but to others it's really the norm.

Same way that I'm not impressed by you doing 187 DB weighing in at 230 (I'm just guessing I dion't really know). I've seen a 120 lb teen lifta 300 stone to a 54" platform. Now that's impressive.

MT-231.jpg

First of all, MUSCLETECH is advertising. They can say whatever they want.

When it comes to the Duke page theya re saying that the benefits of Creatine are temporary and stop with the cessation of creatine supplementation. The mass that one will shed will be the water weight. You will not magically experience atrophy of your muscle fibers. They will all still be there. I think you're misunderstaing ther argument.

!+@ you talkin about. It clearly outlines what the benefits of creatine are. Then says the "benefits are temporary"......immisunderstanding???
Im stating what the meaning of " temporary muscle" and permanent muscle" is.
How come you aint say nuttn about this ...http://www.mesomorphosis.com/blog/2008/04/04/anabolic-steroids-result-in-permanent-muscle-gains/
laugh.gif

Like I said before
"Permanent muscle" (lean mass) is a term for muscle mass achieved by ways of muscular hypertrophy or hyperplasia.
And back to my original post that "makes no sense" to you
Creatine does affect your liver and kidneys.
Creatine is a waste if your aiming to put on PERMANENT muscle
See my friend, that right there is called being consistent, sticking to the subject at matter, backing up your claims and information.

Can we please stop talking about what he said she said and I meant to say?

Let's post facts and opinions about Stay/Get Back in shape. The argument of creatine is over.

Now... I'm curious. Is anyone in this thread admittedly over on the dark side? I've began researching extensively because I know my natural plateau iscoming.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Let's post facts and opinions about Stay/Get Back in shape. The argument of creatine is over.

Now... I'm curious. Is anyone in this thread admittedly over on the dark side? I've began researching extensively because I know my natural plateau is coming.
Didn't you say you're 150ish?

You're years away from your natural plateau
laugh.gif

One month ago...
150 lbs body weight

bench press - 105lb (5 rep)
dumb bell bench press - 25lb (each hand) (5 rep)
military dumb bell press - 20lb (each hand) (5 rep)
Dumb bell curls - 20lb (10 rep)

Today
155 lbs body weight
bench press - 125lbs (5 rep)
dumb bell bench press - 40lb (each hand) (5 rep)
military dumb bell press - 35lb (each hand) (5 rep)
Dumb bell curls - 35lb (10 rep)

Those are my most note worthy gains.
I am doing the "Taylor Lautner" fitness schedule and diet @ 2700-3000 CLEAN cals a day

http://www.projectswole.c...-routine-to-gain-muscle/

Looking to do 5lbs a month until I hit 180lbs and the do a cut using HIRT for two months.
After that I might try a test cycle. (assuming I've reached my natural plateau)
I am an ectomorph body type 155lbs @ 6'-0" btw
laugh.gif
Brett, I doubt you've reached your natural plateau. Those numbers are not that much at all, and I'm positive you can get pass them if youjust keep being consistent

? All I need to do is prove things to myself (and my family). Nobody else.
I dont know why you gettin all sentimental
frown.gif

We talking about creatine and 185lb DBs here.
Dude, im sorry but your stories seem a bit fabricated to me.
But you can be who ever you want on the internet cant you
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

^^^Post vids/pics man or we wont believe you.

J/K
laugh.gif

Anyways, wawa, can you post what your split looks like and which exercises you do?

I'm more into explosive lifts too simply because they're more interesting to do. I'll squat, DL, clean 2-3x a week but do tricep, bicep, delt isolation exercises maybe once a month and I'll quit after 10 mins due to boredom
laugh.gif
Thanks for the question.It's actually forcing me to remember a bunch of things. Since I've started workign I don't have the time totrain seriously anymore. I'm just on a regular 4 day split although I still 4x6, 5x5, 1x6, etc and fairly heavy.

When I took it more seriously it used to always change every 3 months or so but it usually went something like a 3 day heavy split, 1 speed training and 1 day of event training. Before that it used to center on C&J and Snatch days when I only used to train olympic weightlifting.

I know I'm already all over the place but it's hard to explain. We had a set routine but it was also kind of a spontaneous routine.

The 3 day heavy split would be DL day, Squat day, and Pressing day.

So for DL day you could choose regular DL, DL from a platform, Romanian dead lifts, or band/chain deadlifts, rack pulls. Certain deadlifts reallyshouldn't be done more than once a month like the DL from a platform or rack pulls because they just kill your CNS if you're going really heavy onthem. The point is pick 1 form of dl and go really heavy assuming you already ahve decent/good form. On the DL you should feel this (it's hard to describe)weird feeling in your abs nad you get nauseas until you straighten out. If you're not getting that feeling on at leas the alst 2 sets than you're probnot goign heavy enough.
After the heavy DL it's kind of a cakewalk. Usually just heavy DB rows (sometimes BB) ,chins.weighted chins, and some static holds/ pinch plates. If youhave the time or feel like it then you can throw in some hammer curls or negative curls.

As an aside for dl's. Don't bounce of the floor when doing dl's. It defeats the purpose.

For squat day it was always usually front squats followed by either zercher squats, zercher squats to a box, or back squats to a box. About once every 5/6weeks we'd back squat heavy. front squats are superior in every way though. Both were done heavy (85-95 1rm). Same goes with squatting. If you don'tfeel nauseous towards the end of your squat session then you're prob not going heavy enough. After that we usually did some hip abduction/adduction , someone leg kickbacks, and heavy side bends then abs.

For pressing day it was usually heavy push presses /jerks or cleans (once every month soem ehavy behind the neck jerks) followed by incline press and somebench press or rack lockouts. Then forearms (static holds/ pinch plates) and some abs.

For speed day we picked out of high pulls, cleans, jerks, dl, snatch/ db snatch. Speed just means you're using about 65-75 1rm with a low rep high setscheme, short resting periods (more BB type; 90 sec or so) and concentrating on lifting as quickly as possible. It might seem kind of dumb and come of as if itdoesn't help but it really does.

Events day we just trained events that were upcoming in the next comp.

There's a lot of things I didn't mention but the above is the general gist of how we trained. Basically you want to train hard but disciplined. Goodform, weight that you can handle, and don't skimp on the reps. If you need 6 reps, don't do 5.

Oh and at least once a year you have to give the 20 rep squat / full body program a go (5-6 weeks). I think it's called squats and milk or something. WhenI was introduced to it at first I was like
eyes.gif
but afterwards I realizedjust how ridiculously good it is. It's basically 3x a week full body program of 1 set,20 rep heavy of squat,dead lift, bench, pressing, and cleans. It's one of the best "mental toughness builders" that I've ever come across. Those were the onlytimes that I threw up during/after a training session.

edit: forgot to add. On pressing day weighted dips.

Now... I'm curious. Is anyone in this thread admittedly over on the dark side? I've began researching extensively because I know my natural plateau is coming.
Stay outta this, light weight
mad.gif
Nah im messn with you
laugh.gif

The "hitting your natural plateau" before juicing is overrated IMO. You cant judge a persons plateau by their weight and height or even their liftsbecause genetics are different for everyone. Your genetics may only be capable of maxing out @ around 155lbs which is very realistic for lots of ppl. Its yourchoice if you wish, just make sure you do atleast a year of research IMO

Back
Top Bottom