Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

answer that question durden about not bulking?

The one about not bulking/cutting?

Ive explained it in the other thread, but no one really needs to do those 2 phases. It puts a lot of stress on your body and doesnt make sense that someone who is underweight purposely goes overweight only to try and drop back down to a lower weight. Its just bad logic. If youre overwight and want to be at a certain number, drop the weight. If youre underweight and want to be at a certain number, attempt to gain weight but dont go past where you want to be.

B/C phases train your brain into poor nutritional habits and will screw up your resting metabolic rate.

I think Durden may prefer the other method, 'eat as if you were'. Meaning if you want to be 170 lbs at 12% body fat...eat like you were 170 lbs at 12% body fat. (Obviously work out too).

Basically.

This,
I have read that muscle fiber confusion is maximum in efficiency.
Guidos hit the gym 5 days a week to do bench press. Whereas doing pectoral presses (be it incline dumbell, incline barbell, barbell, dumbell, etc) every third day is best.
Theres a difference between muscle confusion and not having a program.

Muscle confusion doesnt imply haphazardness.

I guess I should reconsider this "bulk/cut" process I plan to undergo. For me, I just think it makes more sense to be eating more right now since it's winter and I also probably won't be doing much cardio/running. I guess I'll just eat as much as my goal. 180 at 12-15% BF. I think I'm 185 at anywhere between 20-28% BF right now
sick.gif

With that said, does anybody have a calorie calculator that takes into account BMI? None of the ones I've googled have that. And According to most BMI calculators I'm obese?
laugh.gif
It just sucks because they can't take into account muscular composition.

Edit: And iMixedi, that's really impressive, so that took you only about 6 months to put on that much?
eek.gif
I've been working out consistently for 5 months and I can't say I've seen any part of my body have such significant growth. Closest thing is probably my chest or shoulders but I wish I could put on mass that easily onto my arms....
frown.gif
. Details on your workout/diet?

Nah man, I've been lifting for about 8-9 months. The past 3-4 months however, I've been hitting it hard. I'd be lying if I told you Ihave a proper diet. The only thing I don't eat is fast food, but everything else is fair game. I do tend to eat more on the healthier side though.

If you want me to get more detailed with what I do, let me know.

^^^

27 pounds in 9 months is really not that much. 3 pounds a month.

Obviously it's not all muscle but he did a pretty good job.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by iMixedi

I was weighing @ 140 throughout my Senior yr of HS. I had really frail arms.

2dirmu1.jpg

It's now the end of the first semester of college and I'm @ 167. I'm like 5'10 btw.

25s0w08.jpg
maybe its just me, but 27 lbs in one year
eek.gif

140? Hell nah... I'm about 5'8" and weigh 140, and my arms are more frail than that (The senior pic).

wawaweewa wrote:

It's not muscle though. Really, it's not.
Muscle fiber is muscle fiber and water is water. You're not losing muscle. You're losing water.

There is no such thing as temporary or permanent muscle. Muscle isn't a static object. It's constantly changing to adapt to the stress that it's put under.

I feel like I'm arguing with a child.
laugh.gif

You can believe what youw ant to believe. It's no sweat off of my back. I'm telling you what the reality is though.

"Temporary muscle"� is a term used in bodybuilding describing the appearance of muscle mass by� means other than muscular hypertrophy orhyperplasia.
"Permanent muscle" (lean mass) is a term for muscle mass achieved by ways of muscular hypertrophy or hyperplasia. But I shouldnt've expected youto know that type of terminology, so your ignorance is excused.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

IF we want to come up with a definition for temporary muscle wouldn't it be more of like myself weighing (prob) at least 40 lbs less than Ice but lifting (I'd venture to guess) at least 1.5x more than him. Better yet, on a pound for pound basis it's prob 2x, 2.5x, hell maybe even more
laugh.gif

Ice, if you wan to come up with a definition for "temporary muscle" the above may be it.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
now your talkin #**%.....
Like told Audi, post some pics and vids of these "spectacular lifts.

Talk is cheap

Slow reps-check
form- check
back flat on the bench-check
And this is after my chest workout.
laugh.gif

Ok. now im waiting for you to post a vid of your benching 187lb dumbells
laugh.gif
since you can lift 1.5x more than me.
btw. my chest is my weakest bodypart

[h2]
[/h2]

i been busy an im usually on NT late night these days, so im far from up to date i read the last 1 or 2 current pages when im on.

what spectacular lifts did i say i did? are you still upset i said you cant lift (#&$# for your size?

iiceman im not a wannabe IFBB like you makin youtube vids at the gym isnt serious, i dont got time for all that.

yes i can squat, deadlift, bench, dummbell, curl etc heavy, ive been lifting since i was a teen no big deal.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

i been busy an im usually on NT late night these days, so im far from up to date i read the last 1 or 2 current pages when im on.

what spectacular lifts did i say i did? are you still upset i said you cant lift (#&$# for your size?

iiceman im not a wannabe IFBB like you makin youtube vids at the gym isnt serious, i dont got time for all that.

yes i can squat, deadlift, bench, dummbell, curl etc heavy, ive been lifting since i was a teen no big deal.

Shut yo *** up. Whats "heavy" for my size? you dont even know my size.

Your a fool to assume bodybuilders always train heavy.

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

On some days, I feel more tired after I've slept for 9 hours instead of my usual 7..why is that?
nerd.gif

I have no idea. But I slept 10 hours last night and I woke up feeling somewhat tired this morning. Most mornings aren't like this though. I think it mighthave to do with how regular you are with getting that much sleep. Lately I've been back to about 8 hours a night, and when I sleep 10 hours a night,usually on the weekends, I feel a little tired in the morning. But when I sleep 10 hours a night regularly, I don't feel tired in the morning. I feelenergetic. I don't know if it makes sense though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by sneakerfan93

On some days, I feel more tired after I've slept for 9 hours instead of my usual 7..why is that?
nerd.gif

I have no idea. But I slept 10 hours last night and I woke up feeling somewhat tired this morning. Most mornings aren't like this though. I think it might have to do with how regular you are with getting that much sleep. Lately I've been back to about 8 hours a night, and when I sleep 10 hours a night, usually on the weekends, I feel a little tired in the morning. But when I sleep 10 hours a night regularly, I don't feel tired in the morning. I feel energetic. I don't know if it makes sense though.
laugh.gif
I read somewhere that if you get a full 8 hrs sleep or even 7 before 1 a.m. that you wake more refreshed than sleeping in more than 8 hrs. Alsoyou might want to consider the amount of excercise you do may require your body to need more sleep to help in recovery.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I've been hitting the gym for 6 weeks now, and for the last 2 weeks, I'vebeen waking up at 4-5 AM and not going back to sleep until 7 AM.. anyone went though this before?[/color]
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I've been hitting the gym for 6 weeks now, and for the last 2 weeks, I've been waking up at 4-5 AM and not going back to sleep until 7 AM.. anyone went though this before?[/color]
indifferent.gif
Your body developed a lot of natural energy. I'm used to it by now but I wake up around 5-6 AM instead.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I've been hitting the gym for 6 weeks now, and for the last 2 weeks, I've been waking up at 4-5 AM and not going back to sleep until 7 AM.. anyone went though this before?[/color]
indifferent.gif
Your body developed a lot of natural energy. I'm used to it by now but I wake up around 5-6 AM instead.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Thanks for the insight.
smile.gif
[/color]

this post is full of broscience and the same retorichal questions. Half the guys who posted pics and give advice have nothing special about themselves.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

whys everyone trippin
*kanye shrug* Lots of testosterone exiting through the fingertips of some people and ending up on their posts. Let's not move onto Vol. 3.0yet.

It moves faster in general, and this post is intended to reach others who feel they need to start making a difference in their lives, not just bodybuilders orpeople who've been doing it.

Y'all need to calmmmm down.

This thread has its pms days lol

Its all good I guess, a great discussion is always good - as long as its respectful.

Woke up to a brilliant day here in New Zealand - have a good feeling about todays workout. Less than 2 weeks 'til Christmas folks!

Originally Posted by I3

This thread has its pms days lol

Its all good I guess, a great discussion is always good - as long as its respectful.

Woke up to a brilliant day here in New Zealand - have a good feeling about todays workout. Less than 2 weeks 'til Christmas folks!

Yeah discussion/disagreement is a good thing its the personal attacks that ruin it.

Back
Top Bottom