Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Originally Posted by Durden7

Who ever said creatine doesnt work?....What I said was, its a waste if your looking to put on permanent muscle. If you think creatine plays a role in lean muscle mass your a fool.

It plays a role, yes, but its not what puts the muscle mass on.
IICEMAN83
If you think creatine plays a role
Durden7
It plays a role, yes,
IICEMAN83
in lean muscle mass
Durden7
but its not what puts the muscle mass on.
smh.gif

Instead of creating a jigsaw puzzle, just use words next time.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by creamOfDacrops

Any tips on getting a body like this?

Genetics.
If you are skinnier than him currently, you must complete a bulking phase followed by a cutting phase.
He is probably 180lbs... which is where my scrawny *$% wants to be so I'll be doing about two bulking phases to a cutting phase.

If you are larger than him and want to have defined muscles you must do a cutting phase using HIRT at least 2 days a week.

http://www.projectswole.c...d-how-should-you-use-it/

nerd.gif

So I'm skinnier than him. What does the bulking/cutting phase involve? Sorry for all the questions lol.

Originally Posted by I3

IMO dont take creatine if you don't need it. If your looking to build mass, try exhaust some other alternatives first. Like eating more, less cardio etc..
Best advice so far in regards to creatine.

If your trying to get your swole on, maybe you should consider taking it near the summer months instead since people who want to get all swole want to flex inthe streets.
laugh.gif

Genetics.
If you are skinnier than him currently, you must complete a bulking phase followed by a cutting phase.
He is probably 180lbs... which is where my scrawny *$% wants to be so I'll be doing about two bulking phases to a cutting phase.

If you are larger than him and want to have defined muscles you must do a cutting phase using HIRT at least 2 days a week.

nerd.gif

So I'm skinnier than him. What does the bulking/cutting phase involve? Sorry for all the questions lol.

Do NOT do a bulk/cut.

Genetics.

nerd.gif

Do NOT do a bulk/cut.
Please elaborate.
Ive done alot of reading and that's what I've come up with... it's what im doing now. 30000 cals a day for the next few months of gaining and thencardio+focus on metabolism

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Wawa....your forgeting many major factors when it comes to creatine. Ill be back later
There are many factors for every supplement and you can't possibly cover them all on a forum.

The point is it works and any risks associated with taking it are minute at best.
Who ever said creatine doesnt work?....What I said was, its a waste if your looking to put on permanent muscle. If you think creatine plays a role in lean muscle mass your a fool.
. Creatine is supplemented with to increase phosphocreatine in the muscle, which in turn increases ATP. ATP is used by the muscle as energy. Increasing phosphocreatine stores in the body can improve strength and body mass by hydrating muscle cells and other factors
Now, if you want to gain some temporary strength and feel a good pump while your muscles are filled with water giving you the "appearance" of muscles
laugh.gif
...by all means take it by the cup full. But once you come off and you p!ssed your muscles out, you'll be the size you were before.
I never said your gonna get kidney disease from taking creatine, but it does affect your kidneys and liver function point blank.

You still didnt answer my question. What doesnt make much sense about what I said?

Creatine has nothing to do with the building of muscle in and of itself. What is this "permanent" muscle which also implies there's "temporary" muscle. Water weight is water weight and muscle is muscle. When I take a break from creatine I don't lose muscle. I simply lose the3-4 pounds of extra water that I usually hold when I'm on it. I come off of it for a month about once every 4 months when I take a break from trainingheavy. So I have a little less muscular endurance and explosiveness but I don't really need it during that month. What's the big deal?

Anything that your liver and kidneys have to process effects their function. Furthermore, almost every substance that your kidneys and liver process do noteffect them in any positive way per se. If you're so scared of creatine effecting your liver function then stop eating red meat.

Your entire argument against creatine doesn't make much sense. From the temporary/ permanent muscle to the implied severe negative effect of creatine onone's kidneys and liver. I would not recommend that someone take 20 grams a day but I also wouldn't recommend that someone take 10,000% RDI of VitaminA or Iron or Vitamin D.

Creatine is pound for pound one of the best non anabolic steroid/ HGH training supplements that we have. I take creatine on a daily basis but I don't takesupp protein on a daily basis.

I'd stay away from any Creatine made in China though. I stay away from a lot of thing made in China.
laugh.gif

Just get some that's made in Germany or Japan and you should be fine.

Genetics.

nerd.gif

Do NOT do a bulk/cut.
Please elaborate.
Ive done alot of reading and that's what I've come up with... it's what im doing now. 30000 cals a day for the next few months of gaining and then cardio+focus on metabolism

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Where did you do your reading? Mens Health? BB.com?

Bulks/Cuts are incredibly unnecessary for 95% of the population. Especially for someone who is skinny, thats a LOT easier said than it is done.

Genetics.

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
180? Cam was around 150 lbs at 6' tall for Never Back Down, pretty much the same size as Pitt was for Fight Club.

180 lbs would be pretty built at his height, while he is just lean.

Genetics.

nerd.gif

Do NOT do a bulk/cut.
Please elaborate.
Ive done alot of reading and that's what I've come up with... it's what im doing now. 30000 cals a day for the next few months of gaining and then cardio+focus on metabolism

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Where did you do your reading? Mens Health? BB.com?

Bulks/Cuts are incredibly unnecessary for 95% of the population. Especially for someone who is skinny, thats a LOT easier said than it is done.
As opposed to focusing on gaining(muscle) for X amount of time and then focus on shredding(fat) for X amount of time, are you suggesting I do bothat the same time?

Ive always been a hard gainer. Easy to loose fat and extremely difficult to gain weight. I feel this is the best method. Essentially I'm taking the"gain(muscle)" aspect from this article.
http://www.projectswole.c...-routine-to-gain-muscle/
Ive been following the diet+fitness for about a month now.

What do I do?
Just want the most effective way to put on 20lbs of lean muscle.

Creatine has nothing to do with the building of muscle in and of itself. What is this "permanent" muscle which also implies there's "temporary" muscle. Water weight is water weight and muscle is muscle. When I take a break from creatine I don't lose muscle. I simply lose the 3-4 pounds of extra water that I usually hold when I'm on it. I come off of it for a month about once every 4 months when I take a break from training heavy. So I have a little less muscular endurance and explosiveness but I don't really need it during that month. What's the big deal?

Anything that your liver and kidneys have to process effects their function. Furthermore, almost every substance that your kidneys and liver process do not effect them in any positive way per se. If you're so scared of creatine effecting your liver function then stop eating red meat.

Your entire argument against creatine doesn't make much sense. From the temporary/ permanent muscle to the implied severe negative effect of creatine on one's kidneys and liver. I would not recommend that someone take 20 grams a day but I also wouldn't recommend that someone take 10,000% RDI of Vitamin A or Iron or Vitamin D.

Creatine is pound for pound one of the best non anabolic steroid/ HGH training supplements that we have. I take creatine on a daily basis but I don't take supp protein on a daily basis.

I'd stay away from any Creatine made in China though. I stay away from a lot of thing made in China.
laugh.gif

. Creatine is supplemented with to increase phosphocreatine in the muscle, which in turn increases ATP. ATP is used by the muscle as energy. Increasing phosphocreatine stores in the body can improve strength and body mass by hydrating muscle cells and other factors
Read your bolds then read ^^^^^...........and think about it for a sec
smh.gif

Your entire argument against creatine doesn't make much sense. From the temporary/ permanent muscle
Ok now lemme break it down for you...you listening???
laugh.gif

You said you lose the X amount of lbs of water weight after coming off creatine right?
Now, what creatine does is basically "flood" your muscles with water giving it a fuller look right? excluding the affect it has on endurance, wetalking about muscle mass.

So you piss your muscles out
eek.gif
..........Oh #%%!, temporary muscle.

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

Weighed in @ 173 last nite, basically losing 6 pounds over the last month
smokin.gif

7529_141088821667_645381667_2515231_5108613_n.jpg

And yes, we took those at the gym
laugh.gif

-edit-

I go 2-3 times a week and I believe it's best not having a routine. I have a couple faves I like to do, but I usually hit up random things while there.
This,
I have read that muscle fiber confusion is maximum in efficiency.
Guidos hit the gym 5 days a week to do bench press. Whereas doing pectoral presses (be it incline dumbell, incline barbell, barbell, dumbell, etc) every thirdday is best.

Creatine has nothing to do with the building of muscle in and of itself. What is this "permanent" muscle which also implies there's "temporary" muscle. Water weight is water weight and muscle is muscle. When I take a break from creatine I don't lose muscle. I simply lose the 3-4 pounds of extra water that I usually hold when I'm on it. I come off of it for a month about once every 4 months when I take a break from training heavy. So I have a little less muscular endurance and explosiveness but I don't really need it during that month. What's the big deal?

Anything that your liver and kidneys have to process effects their function. Furthermore, almost every substance that your kidneys and liver process do not effect them in any positive way per se. If you're so scared of creatine effecting your liver function then stop eating red meat.

Your entire argument against creatine doesn't make much sense. From the temporary/ permanent muscle to the implied severe negative effect of creatine on one's kidneys and liver. I would not recommend that someone take 20 grams a day but I also wouldn't recommend that someone take 10,000% RDI of Vitamin A or Iron or Vitamin D.

Creatine is pound for pound one of the best non anabolic steroid/ HGH training supplements that we have. I take creatine on a daily basis but I don't take supp protein on a daily basis.

laugh.gif

Read your bolds then read ^^^^^...........and think about it for a sec
smh.gif

Your entire argument against creatine doesn't make much sense. From the temporary/ permanent muscle
Ok now lemme break it down for you...you listening???
laugh.gif

You said you lose the X amount of lbs of water weight after coming off creatine right?
Now, what creatine does is basically "flood" your muscles with water giving it a fuller look right? excluding the affect it has on endurance, we talking about muscle mass.

So you piss your muscles out
eek.gif
..........Oh #%%!, temporary muscle.

It's not muscle though. Really, it's not.
Muscle fiber is muscle fiber and water is water. You're not losing muscle. You're losing water.

There is no such thing as temporary or permanent muscle. Muscle isn't a static object. It's constantly changing to adapt to the stress that it'sput under.

I feel like I'm arguing with a child.
laugh.gif

You can believe what youw ant to believe. It's no sweat off of my back. I'm telling you what the reality is though.

laugh.gif
@ temporary muscle.
IF we want to come up with a definition for temporary muscle wouldn't it be more of like myself weighing (prob) at least 40 lbs less than Icebut lifting (I'd venture to guess) at least 1.5x more than him. Better yet, on a pound for pound basis it's prob 2x, 2.5x, hell maybe even more
laugh.gif

Ice, if you wan to come up with a definition for "temporary muscle" the above may be it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

answer that question durden about not bulking?
I think Durden may prefer the other method, 'eat as if you were'. Meaning if you want to be 170 lbs at 12% body fat...eat like you were170 lbs at 12% body fat. (Obviously work out too).

I was weighing @ 140 throughout my Senior yr of HS. I had really frail arms.

2dirmu1.jpg

It's now the end of the first semester of college and I'm @ 167. I'm like 5'10 btw.

25s0w08.jpg

The one about not bulking/cutting?

Ive explained it in the other thread, but no one really needs to do those 2 phases. It puts a lot of stress on your body and doesnt make sense that someonewho is underweight purposely goes overweight only to try and drop back down to a lower weight. Its just bad logic. If youre overwight and want to be at acertain number, drop the weight. If youre underweight and want to be at a certain number, attempt to gain weight but dont go past where you want to be.

B/C phases train your brain into poor nutritional habits and will screw up your resting metabolic rate.

I think Durden may prefer the other method, 'eat as if you were'. Meaning if you want to be 170 lbs at 12% body fat...eat like you were 170 lbs at 12% body fat. (Obviously work out too).

Basically.

This,
Guidos hit the gym 5 days a week to do bench press. Whereas doing pectoral presses (be it incline dumbell, incline barbell, barbell, dumbell, etc) every third day is best.
Theres a difference between muscle confusion and not having a program.

Muscle confusion doesnt imply haphazardness.

The one about not bulking/cutting?

Ive explained it in the other thread, but no one really needs to do those 2 phases. It puts a lot of stress on your body and doesnt make sense that someone who is underweight purposely goes overweight only to try and drop back down to a lower weight. Its just bad logic. If youre overwight and want to be at a certain number, drop the weight. If youre underweight and want to be at a certain number, attempt to gain weight but dont go past where you want to be.

B/C phases train your brain into poor nutritional habits and will screw up your resting metabolic rate.

I think Durden may prefer the other method, 'eat as if you were'. Meaning if you want to be 170 lbs at 12% body fat...eat like you were 170 lbs at 12% body fat. (Obviously work out too).

Basically.

This,
Guidos hit the gym 5 days a week to do bench press. Whereas doing pectoral presses (be it incline dumbell, incline barbell, barbell, dumbell, etc) every third day is best.
Theres a difference between muscle confusion and not having a program.

Muscle confusion doesnt imply haphazardness.

I guess I should reconsider this "bulk/cut" process I plan to undergo. For me, I just think it makes more sense to be eating more rightnow since it's winter and I also probably won't be doing much cardio/running. I guess I'll just eat as much as my goal. 180 at 12-15% BF. I thinkI'm 185 at anywhere between 20-28% BF right now
sick.gif

With that said, does anybody have a calorie calculator that takes into account BMI? None of the ones I've googled have that. And According to most BMIcalculators I'm obese?
laugh.gif
It just sucks because they can't takeinto account muscular composition.

Edit: And iMixedi, that's really impressive, so that took you only about 6 months to put on that much?
eek.gif
I've been working out consistently for 5 months and I can't say I'veseen any part of my body have such significant growth. Closest thing is probably my chest or shoulders but I wish I could put on mass that easily onto myarms....
frown.gif
. Details on your workout/diet?

I just checked my weight yesterday at the Y and I'm now 175.5 after a month, down from 183

I don't really have a set routine for the weight room but I do alternate the areas I'm targeting from shoulders arms and back one day to the stomachand legs the next. 25 minutes of steady increased levels on the elliptical when I go hard on my lifts and 35-40 minutes when I dont. I do this every day toevery other day and I'm impressed with the results. BTW, cut out white rice and eat straight brown rice, drink PLENTY of water, eat whole wheat bread, havea required fruit each day and drank more milk.

I still have around 25 pounds to go but this is VERY encouraging.

pimp.gif

^white rice is so hard to cut.....scratch that....white rice is impossible to cut. I've held out for 1 week and that was it.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

^white rice is so hard to cut.....scratch that....white rice is impossible to cut. I've held out for 1 week and that was it.
laugh.gif
Really? I enjoy Spanish and brown rice just as equally. Only time I have white rice now is with sushi or on campus when it's the onlychoice.

Originally Posted by iMixedi

I was weighing @ 140 throughout my Senior yr of HS. I had really frail arms.

2dirmu1.jpg

It's now the end of the first semester of college and I'm @ 167. I'm like 5'10 btw.

25s0w08.jpg
maybe its just me, but 27 lbs in one year
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom