Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

sup hos

creatine is fine, cheap no sides and effective

take it

Agreed. Its useless if youre using high reps though.
really why?

if anyones doing high reps maybe look into beta alanine

At a certain point, creatine phosphate is no longer used as the primary source for energy production. Its still being used, but not to the degree it was so high reps and creatine isnt the best combination.

Not saying its ineffective, its just not as effective as it can be,

Creatine is only effective in short term uses. The extensive research done with creatine has only been for short term uses. No long term study has yetdetermined benefits.

*sigh*

There's no such thing as being able to pinpoint fat loss. Just do cardio until that area starts to recede in fatness.

Originally Posted by Chugsaab

sup hos

take it

really why?

At a certain point, creatine phosphate is no longer used as the primary source for energy production. Its still being used, but not to the degree it was so high reps and creatine isnt the best combination.

Creatine is only effective in short term uses. The extensive research done with creatine has only been for short term uses. No long term study has yet determined benefits.

Im confused. Are you agreeing, disagreeing or just stating something irrelevant to what I said?
laugh.gif

One month ago...
150 lbs body weight

bench press - 105lb (5 rep)
dumb bell bench press - 25lb (each hand) (5 rep)
military dumb bell press - 20lb (each hand) (5 rep)
Dumb bell curls - 20lb (10 rep)

Today
155 lbs body weight
bench press - 125lbs (5 rep)
dumb bell bench press - 40lb (each hand) (5 rep)
military dumb bell press - 35lb (each hand) (5 rep)
Dumb bell curls - 35lb (10 rep)

Those are my most note worthy gains.
I am doing the "Taylor Lautner" fitness schedule and diet @ 2700-3000 CLEAN cals a day

http://www.projectswole.c...-routine-to-gain-muscle/

Looking to do 5lbs a month until I hit 180lbs and the do a cut using HIRT for two months.
After that I might try a test cycle. (assuming I've reached my natural plateau)
I am an ectomorph body type 155lbs @ 6'-0" btw
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

What are some exercises recommended to lose fat in the thigh area?
As stated. You cannot 'target' fat loss. The body fat % in general needs to be reduced. Start fast tracking your metabolism and sweatingit out an hour a day. Burn more cals then you consume every day.

By doing 'leg' oriented exercises you can strengthen your legs, but in terms of the fat tissue surrounding your muscle tissue.....start sweating.

P.s. this should be stickied somewhere. YOU CANNOT TARGET FAT LOSS
grin.gif

Another sick WWF themed workout song...

Taking a hit to your ego FTL
ohwell.gif

3 weeks ago I try maxing out on my deadlift and I did 315 easily. Today I try 325 and I had to drop the weight while halfway up because I lost my grip.

It had me heart-broken man...putting the weights back was the longest minute of my life. I dont feel like ever DLing again after that
laugh.gif
smh.gif

On the bright side, I began experimenting with front squats today and did over 200+ a.ss to grass. I'm liking this exercise a lot since I'm feeling ita lot in my quads, hips, lower back and abs. It requires more balance than traditional squats...I think I'm gonna be doing them regularly from now on.I'm kind of surprised that one's shoulders can handle so much weight without much discomfort. I used to see guys at the gym front squatting 225thinking that they were super strong...now I realize that it isn't that hard at all.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I have tired deadlifts.... ruined my back for a month. Mastered the technique.. but I still don't see the point
Damn you serious? I feel great after doing them. I only feel sore the day after each exercise on that particular body part.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

*sigh*

There's no such thing as being able to pinpoint fat loss. Just do cardio until that area starts to recede in fatness.
I wish more people would understand that. I just SMH when I see 300 lbs dudes doing 100 crunches on the station thinking they're going to berocking a 6 pack set up soon.

I love working out in the winter. Something about going to the gym in the cold and warming your body up with cardio before lifting.

I have tired deadlifts.... ruined my back for a month. Mastered the technique.. but I still don't see the point
-your whole body will get stronger

-increased testosterone production in your body (see above)

-great way to work your hamstrings, hips, abs, back, forearms

-with proper technique you should not feel pain for a month. Maybe 2-3 days of soreness but you stop feeling sore after doing them for a while

If you hate doing regular DLs...try doing Stiff-legged DLs...100x more pain. I havent done them in 3 years
sick.gif

I love working out in the winter. Something about going to the gym in the cold and warming your body up with cardio before lifting.
You Cali dudes dont even know what winter is.

It's -17 celcius here right now (with the wind chill) which is 1 degree fahrenheit for you Yankees. Toronto FTL

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

-with proper technique you should not feel pain for a month. Maybe 2-3 days of soreness but you stop feeling sore after doing them for a while

If you hate doing regular DLs...try doing Stiff-legged DLs...100x more pain. I havent done them in 3 years
sick.gif

It's -17 celcius here right now (with the wind chill) which is 1 degree fahrenheit for you Yankees. Toronto FTL

You should also read this article brettTHEjett, http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/randy51.htm

laugh.gif
The coldest it gets around my way is around 4 degree Celsius. That's darn cold.

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

wj4, you been MIA from this thread, what's good?
I just finished up my first semester of grad school. It was a lot more intense than I anticipated. In addition to that, I'm trying to keepbusy during the winter break with leisure reading now. As oppose to being online and watching T.V. all day.

I'm bored tonight so I'm checking in while catching some NBA on the tube.
laugh.gif

On another note, I peeped older pictures of myself from the old laptop and man, I am disgusted at my former self. Should've done this years ago.

sick.gif

We don't but you can bet your *#! that it's still cold here. Like 40 something...

Back 2 years ago, I took some supplement that had creatine and some other stuff in it. I went to the gym and worked out. I felt great, but after the workout, Ifainted.

I didnt want to touch supplements after that happened. Not too sure what caused it. Only been taking protein now

Originally Posted by Chugsaab

sup hos

take it

really why?

Creatine is only effective in short term uses. The extensive research done with creatine has only been for short term uses. No long term study has yet determined benefits.

Im confused. Are you agreeing, disagreeing or just stating something irrelevant to what I said?
laugh.gif

Haha. I was just making a comment in general to the post that stated it is "effective."

-41 C with wind chill tonight,
EDMONTON AB FTL

Klipschorn
thanks for heads up
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HI PROFILE

sup hos

take it
creatine has a side effect on your liver

have had doctors tell me they couldn't prescribe certain meds to patients who used creatine because it effed up their liver so bad
absolutely incorrect

a lot of doctors are idiots who know nothing they don't have to know.

Originally Posted by HI PROFILE

sup hos

take it
creatine has a side effect on your liver

have had doctors tell me they couldn't prescribe certain meds to patients who used creatine because it effed up their liver so bad
absolutely incorrect

a lot of doctors are idiots who know nothing they don't have to know.
Theres truth to this. Creatine does affect your liver and kidneys.

When I started, there was only creatine and andro. Now I see all this klyconine, xmonocreaklokyne...type @*@%.
You guys have no idea what this stuff is doing to your bodies on the inside. And honestly, all that stuff is a waste. Creatine is a waste if your aiming to puton PERMANENT muscle. Your body will adapt to it within a month and you'll lose all your gains afterwards. And as you take it more and more, after awhileyou stop responding.

Back
Top Bottom