Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by NjCollector

I've used oxy elite pro, but like i've said before, i stopped taking them because it (if this sounds wierd,idk) made my heart skip, or just feel funny.

horrible, long term effect these fat burners cause to your heart. I would never recommend taking anything that messes with your heart.

lookin good bro. height/weight? you lift + do mma?

i gotta start doing muy thai or some #+@# ive been getting like no cardio in my life lately

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

lookin good bro. you lift + do mma?

i gotta start doing muy thai or some $$%@ ive been getting like no cardio in my life lately

Yeah I lift too but only big lifts (squats, deads, Bench press)

Im wanna add some olympic lifts to my routine. just gotta do the research.

nice results club

have you posted your diet/workout plan on here?

also...do you guys do ab workouts EVERYDAY?
i always do every other day and im sure i can do everyday but im guessing i need to let them recover

NT Lifters who do a majority of compound work (Tevez and nealraj i think??)

what does your routine generally look like over a week period??

Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by NjCollector

I've used oxy elite pro, but like i've said before, i stopped taking them because it (if this sounds wierd,idk) made my heart skip, or just feel funny.

horrible, long term effect these fat burners cause to your heart. I would never recommend taking anything that messes with your heart.

probably from the 1,3d i liked lean xtreme though  it worked well for me

Originally Posted by wanksta23

i always do every other day and im sure i can do everyday but im guessing i need to let them recover

I try to do some ab exercises 2 or 3 times a week, but in reality it becomes 2 or 3 times every 2 weeks.  I HATE ab exercises.  Like I hate them with a passion.

I am perfectly content with not having sculpted abs and an incredibly low bf%.  I see no/have no reason for it.

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Originally Posted by Club29

Outside of sex and humiliating someone during a sparring session, Squats make me feel the most manly

I feel mad awkward. I've read endless articles to help my form but I still don't feel comfortable.
I HAVE only been doing em for about 10 months though..

Dead lifts make me feel like man
pimp.gif

THIS

why cant i seem to ever, ever get an ab workout in?  My bf% is naturally around 10%, ectomorph for the win, so my abs are seen even if i dont work on em, but they arent as defined as i would like them to be.  A downside of being an ectomorph is not being able to gain weight.

i went from being 6'5, 175 as a senior in highschool, to working my @+% off to 205 by the beginning of my sophomore year in college.  Stopped lifting for a couple months due to a extinuating circumstance, and fell back to 195.  Been in the gym now for about 3-4 months hard and still around 195-198.  However my strength has gone up dramatically, Im still not seeing the 'weight' gains that I had before.

-J23C
ahem... not to be prudent, but I do 3x15 wood choppers ONCE A WEEK AT MAX... after a deadlift workout or something
I swear.. Dudes actually go to the gym and spend an hour doing variations of crunches etc. SMH.... It's 99% about body fat..

If you absolutely need to do ab workouts because you feel the muscle is under developed (hint: squats and pullups have the greatest effect on abs) simply do a few sets of weighted exercises. Be burnt out after 3 sets 15 reps IMHO 

and yo, PlatinumFunk

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Those numbers not in brackets are my goals set for the end of 2011... i have def put in 100% effort but I still dont feel I've accomplished as much as I could have. [/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Probably 3 days of the week MINIMUM whilst reflecting on my day, I feel really guilty for not eating enough. The only way to get stronger is to eat more.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I got maaaaadddd belly flab now 
laugh.gif
 I ain't even mad tho
[/font]

A little feedback would be appreciated. I enjoy doing supersets, keeps me active throughout my lift, Chest/Back, Shoulders/Bi/Tri, Legs. So this consumes 3 days of a workout week for myself and there was a period I would take a day off and then repeat this, so I was essentially lifting 6 days a week. Seems like overkill. I would like to start incorprating a compound or circuit lift day for upper and another functional leg day (box jumps, things of that nature) so I am lifitng 5 days a week. Does this make sense and even reasonable?

Originally Posted by Smedroc

NT Lifters who do a majority of compound work (Tevez and nealraj i think??)

what does your routine generally look like over a week period??

I'll voice..
First week of the month 5RM ramp up

Second week of the month 3RM ramp up

Third week of the month 1RM ramp up

Fourth: deload

Monday: Military Press. two-three assistance exercises

Tuesday: Chill + Eat

Wednesday: Deadlift. Pull ups. Rows

Thursday: Chill + Eat

Friday: Bench Press. then 5x10 of Incline DB and Dips

Sat or Sun: Squat. then two or three assistance exercises

EASY. QUICK. ECONOMICAL. EFFECTIVE. ....boring
laugh.gif

Welp, might as well post a pic. (BTW it's from when 4W called me out in the Santa thread.)

This pic is a bit old bout 50 days old. Traps are bigger, back is bigger, abs arn't as defined (holiday food FTL). I will post my new pic in 90 days.

Spoiler [+]
24qjnte.jpg

Originally Posted by Durden7

Hyper - I took Beta Alanine for 2.5 months and honestly I didnt notice a significant effect.  My opinion still stands.  
laugh.gif
That's because it was probably dextrose.

I try to do some ab exercises 2 or 3 times a week, but in reality it becomes 2 or 3 times every 2 weeks.  I HATE ab exercises.  Like I hate them with a passion.

I am perfectly content with not having sculpted abs and an incredibly low bf%.  I see no/have no reason for it.
This made me
laugh.gif

I'm the opposite when it comes to abs. Without a shredded set of abs, I feel like my whole physique is ruined.
ohwell.gif

But I'm pretty much as big as I wanna be now, so, I don't have to worry about losing abs to gain mass anymore.
pimp.gif
I know I'm still gonna get bigger, though...'cause I'm not gonna stop lifting heavy and taking my multi. 
pimp.gif

I started lifting when I was 16 and a half (last January). I am now 17 and a half. So about a year of progress, though I didn't really get serious and start eating/gaining until summertime.

Here is a pic of when I first started. I was so small that I moved up to the mirror as to make myself look bigger in the pic LMAO. Average skinny 16 year old kid.

Here is a pic of me after I gained some mass. Excuse the middle finger lol, I actually thought I was somethin'
1p1PCqU5617HDouTxbbhRrWQKs8kSK537.jpeg

Here is a pic of me now after I came off of a 2 month cut. I lost some muscle but mehh at least I'm leaner; and in this pic I'm finally confident enough to have stood far away from the mirror to take the shot.

tvi76.jpg

(excuse the seemingly !!$* pose, but it was on a whim and I don't feel like going to redo it. I also hate the pose because it makes one's chest look bird-like despite the fact that I have a good amount of mass in my chest. )

And if you're asking why I'm showing my quads, I take legs quite seriously. While for others it's the opposite, leg day is my favorite day of the week.

People tell me I look big in person but I'm sure the majority of you that actually lift know that isn't true. My goal is that, 3 or 4 years in when I'm 20-21, I'll be 210~ and lean. We'll see.

I don't waste my money on supps and I dont drink protein shakes. Just good, clean food.

i have always had great abs if i do say so myself despite rarely doing direct ab work. i do some now just because it's probably good for my body in general but again not frequently......1or 2 x a week. they also are very boring and feel bad.
but how can you see no reason for having visible abs????? one of the main aspects of one's physique. shredded is the key word for 2011.

what do you do, reg treadmill/bike type stuff or something more interesting? if i did something enjoyable i might not blow it off so much.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

ive been getting like no cardio in my life lately

yea i gotta stop bein lazy with that this year. for real.
Cardio is cool if your main purpose for going to the gym is to stare at the lingerie model pump out that stair master for an hour.
Unless... you know... you are concerned with heart health 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

ive been getting like no cardio in my life lately

yea i gotta stop bein lazy with that this year. for real.
speaking about cardio, what shoes do you guys wear to run outside? im talking about on the track and out in the mountains

gone through 2 shoes in 2010 and promised myself to buy a new pair for 2011...i know im capable of running 3+ miles easily but my shoes stop me from doing that
30t6p3b.gif

looking for a good shoe that gives ankle support since that's whats bothering me the most

Back in the gym after a long hiatus.... muscle endurance is shot 
embarassed.gif
 but it'll come back.
What you guys listen to while working out? Any recommendations?.... torrent ready to fire

i have always had great abs if i do say so myself despite rarely doing direct ab work. i do some now just because it's probably good for my body in general but again not frequently......1or 2 x a week. they also are very boring and feel bad.
but how can you see no reason for having visible abs????? one of the main aspects of one's physique. shredded is the key word for 2011.
abs def differ with genetics also

brett, yea besides the fact that you can look great on the outside but get tired after 1 sprint....its good for your heat also.

so yea overall health. ive cut down great with just diet but i think i wanna do cardio twice a week

im gonna do mon/wed/fri routine and tues/thur abs/cardio

im followin the "built for show" training style i mentioned pages back.

For me personally I dont have a reason to have sculpted abs.  I have no desire to be shredded or maintain a low bf%.  Now granted my bf% is below the average male (8.5% as of a month ago so its anywhere from there to 10 or 11%) but I dont see a need to be "shredded".  Thats never appealed to me.  I can see why people would want to be like that but for me its not necessary.  I need the extra weight for sports.  I'd also like to put on a few more lbs.

I do think everyone should have a strong core so I do see a need for that, but as far as being sculpted its not as necessary.

That's because it was probably dextrose.
...Or I was just a non-responder/It doesnt work.  I doubt that multiple purchases were destrose.
laugh.gif
  (Truthfully, The most likely reason is that im a non-responder.)

I did notice a slight improvement during basketball.  I felt as though I had a little more stamina while I was playing but I dont think I can make a cause-effect relationship from beta-alanine.

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Back in the gym after a long hiatus.... muscle endurance is shot 
embarassed.gif
 but it'll come back.
What you guys listen to while working out? Any recommendations?.... torrent ready to fire

check the music forum

Back
Top Bottom