Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

gym was so crowded today it's begun
frown.gif

Whats up guys, Im on the opposite end of the spectrum. I need to gain weight.....

Im 6'2" and weigh 165 lbs (Slim).....

What workout program or regimen do you guys advise and what kind of diet?

I eat pretty bad, still trying to cut out the fast food.

I really want to feel stronger, I feel that will help me out with work/studies and outlook on life....

Originally Posted by SlimK4

Whats up guys, Im on the opposite end of the spectrum. I need to gain weight.....

I really want to feel stronger, I feel that will help me out with work/studies and outlook on life....
Madcow 5x5 program (Bill Starr)
Eat more healthy food, preferrably more lean meat, interspersed throughout the day

Just a cursory tip, got to get going so sorry about how little depth this tip has.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Originally Posted by SlimK4

Madcow 5x5 program (Bill Starr)
Eat more healthy food, preferrably more lean meat, interspersed throughout the day

Just a cursory tip, got to get going so sorry about how little depth this tip has.
I'd recommend Starting Strength. I'm pretty sure Madcow is an intermediate program. SS is based on linear progression each session. Madcow, from what I can tell, is based on weekly linear progression. Faster progress would be made for a beginner with a program like Starting Strength. As long as you add weight to the bar each workout and do primarily compound exercises, it doesn't really matter what program you're on.

Been vomitting since 11am..%*!##%# feel terrible. I can't even walk, feeling so weak.

idk if it was the food or alcohol, any quick remedies? I've got a family party/reunion tomorow.
Happy new years people.

So who hit up the gym on December 31 or January 1? That's how you know you're hardcore...j/k
laugh.gif

Yesterday my gym closed early and I went near closing time. The place was packed, mostly with young people trying to get their pumps before going out later on in the day
laugh.gif

I go today about 2 hours before its about to close and its a freakin ghost town. I worked out my legs on 4-hours sleep and I'm glad I didnt pass out. Hardly anyone was at the gym so I took my sweet time on the squat rack and then did DLs afterwards. I go and stretch for 10 minutes and when I come out of the room the gym is packed as if its 5-6pm on a weekday
eek.gif
. I'm glad I finished before everyone woke up and decided to show up to the gym.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

So who hit up the gym on December 31 or January 1? That's how you know you're hardcore...j/k
laugh.gif

Yesterday my gym closed early and I went near closing time. The place was packed, mostly with young people trying to get their pumps before going out later on in the day
laugh.gif

I go today about 2 hours before its about to close and its a freakin ghost town. I worked out my legs on 4-hours sleep and I'm glad I didnt pass out. Hardly anyone was at the gym so I took my sweet time on the squat rack and then did DLs afterwards. I go and stretch for 10 minutes and when I come out of the room the gym is packed as if its 5-6pm on a weekday
eek.gif
. I'm glad I finished before everyone woke up and decided to show up to the gym.
pimp.gif

Went yesterday and today.... mine is 24/7 so luckily I didnt have to deal with people coming in at the end hours.

Carlos - Your down the street from me, what gym do you go to? (no stalking).

Started my gym membership 2.24.10. I've never taken any supplements, protein shakes etc.  I am 5'7"-5'8" was 218lbs when I started and now currently 180 lbs.  Lost at least 4 inches around my waist.  Went from sz 38 jeans to 34, XL in clothes to M/L. 

My diet is absolutely horrible.  I try to count calories and I've probably eaten less than 2000 calories 2- 4 days out of the week.  All other days I'm either eating out at Chilis, AppleBees, Thai, Chinese, homecooked filipino food etc.  I gotta change that for 2011 which is why its so hard for me to lose my gut and love handles.  Went to a cruise this past summer so that kinda threw me off and with these holidays its not helping.  Heres my progression.... 

BTW, anyone know how to get rid of stretch marks.

wj89zp.jpg

1zxabee.jpg

2qwpjc6.jpg

Green Ice, that's amazing progress man, keep at it!

I was just wondering what your diet's like though?

I broke the 300 lb mark before the year was over. Went to the gym on New Year's Eve, and deadlifted 305 lbs. Can't wait to progress this year.

green ice- amazing work dude!!!!!

as for the stretch marks.......chemical skinpeels can help somewhat but the only really effective route is laser "surgery" which is like 70% effective. don't buy creams saying they can fix it , they're overpriced and worthless.

either way though they fade over time.

btw i go to equinox gym but there are none in san diego so when im out there ive been going to 24 hr fitness.......wow its so dope being able to just go and work out whenevr i feel like it aka 2 am or 4 am or whatever other crazy time i get the urge. love it. too bad theres none in boston id go. so cheap too, $25 a month. pretty %+%@#@ gym but the hours make it amazing.

Originally Posted by Sputnik

Originally Posted by Al Audi

wait?

those pics sputnik posted youre 17 in the first set of pics?

*(#$(#$#$#

late bloomer...........

wait, in your now pics gotdamn least you goin hard in the gym your face looks YOUNG as hell though. wow............

edit: lol man i cant stop lookin at those pics no @!%!

the before pics youre 17? dude that looks like a grade school kid wow your face is a baby even at 19, your gonna get carded crazy when you turn 21

i assume youre in college geez, how is that goin for you?

edit: kinda question is that? kid has a gt-r
laugh.gif

wait i missed your reponse before, geezus 16 in those pics thats insane. 16 and some change and now 19 lol wow....
lol ya im a sophomore in college. i know i look young as hell, i cant believe i pass for 21 with my friends id sometimes
laugh.gif

btw im definately 6 feet tall lol iono why it doesnt look like i a

40242_1512035035327_1067932207_1449162_5058592_n.jpg
Dude on the right was def in my econ class I think last year
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mac A Roni

I work chest/abs, back/shoulders, and bis/tris....somebody told me that's bad....is it?
Do you train your legs?

It's not "bad" per se, but depending on your lifting status(novice, intermediate, advanced), you may be able to make better gains through other routines.

It ain't terrible if you can handle it, but usually you break up the push/pull so you don't overtrain the same muscles. And you do train legs right? plus how do people only do an arm day? must be the most boring crap ever.

Back
Top Bottom