Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

by cutting going out and spending money on food, you will have more money to buy "good" food at the grocery store. rem you NEED to cheat here and there, set one day for a cheat meal.

lol.......

pardon me

ive def done the german volume training before, yea charles poliquin

joe i agree, but i always change up routine.

Originally Posted by bwood056

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Here is my issue. I am strong, but I am not big. I see people all of the time in the gym who are bigger then me, but I am way stronger then them. Like yesterday I am about to do 110 on the flat dumbell press and some guy looked at me like I was crazy. I did 8 smooth reps and he came up to me and was like "damn I didn't think you were going to be able to do that." So in short... what do I have to look as strong as I am? Keep in mind I play basketball at least twice a week... is that the problem? Do I need to take some supplements, or is this just how my body is going to be??? I'll upload a pic in a second.
Basketball shouldn't be the issue. How much do you eat? You might not be eating enough to sustain muscular growth. You may want to try out an intensive mass gain routine(like German Volume Training or The Russian Bear from the above posts) for a while.
if your not an advanced lifter, and never have tried low reps more sets. even like 5 sets at 3 reps. throw in some forced reps (thats were u gain muscle and strength) i believe you would benefit. try that on ur main lifts for a month or so. if you have barely any body fat, and a high metabolism rate, cut the intense cardio (bball) out for that month, see if you can add some weight. also you do need protein intake at least 2-3 times a day as meal replacements. 

As meal replacements?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

anybody here in right now 5-7% bf??

im not gonna reach it by end of this month. nope
How do you measure this? 
Do you need a fancy scale? 

I think I might be but I'm not sure. Is 5-7% super shredded or just visible abs or what? Or does it even have to do with how cut you look? 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

How do you measure this? 

I think I might be but I'm not sure. Is 5-7% super shredded or just visible abs or what? Or does it even have to do with how cut you look? 

ur shredded at this point...............visible abs can be attained at 10%

of course looks very depending on your lean body mass

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by Classy Freshman

Here is my issue. I am strong, but I am not big. I see people all of the time in the gym who are bigger then me, but I am way stronger then them. Like yesterday I am about to do 110 on the flat dumbell press and some guy looked at me like I was crazy. I did 8 smooth reps and he came up to me and was like "damn I didn't think you were going to be able to do that." So in short... what do I have to look as strong as I am? Keep in mind I play basketball at least twice a week... is that the problem? Do I need to take some supplements, or is this just how my body is going to be??? I'll upload a pic in a second.
Basketball shouldn't be the issue. How much do you eat? You might not be eating enough to sustain muscular growth. You may want to try out an intensive mass gain routine(like German Volume Training or The Russian Bear from the above posts) for a while.
if your not an advanced lifter, and never have tried low reps more sets. even like 5 sets at 3 reps. throw in some forced reps (thats were u gain muscle and strength) i believe you would benefit. try that on ur main lifts for a month or so. if you have barely any body fat, and a high metabolism rate, cut the intense cardio (bball) out for that month, see if you can add some weight. also you do need protein intake at least 2-3 times a day as meal replacements. 

As meal replacements?

Like if ur taking 6-8 meals a day. A protein shake can be a "meal replacement " for couple of them. My shake consist of milk,protein powder, and table spoon of penut butter. Comes to 610 calories, 96 grams of protein.

Originally Posted by Durden7

As meal replacements?

Like if ur taking 6-8 meals a day. A protein shake can be a "meal replacement " for couple of them. My shake consist of milk,protein powder, and table spoon of penut butter. Comes to 610 calories, 96 grams of protein.

Cup of milk, 2 scoops of protein and tablespoon of PB?

Ehhh, protein shakes as a meal replacement is largely unnecessary.  Also, 96 grams of protein in one sitting is a lot.  Its a massive amount of protein and the amount of that which is actually utilized is very minimal.

Huge waste to who, you maybe? I see you are more concerned abt your body fat % than anything. Which is total opposite of what iam trying to achieve, which is mass and strength. My protein intake needs to be high, I'm not stupid- obviously my body isn't breaking down 96 grams, prob more alone the lines of 70. I take protein,creatine,glutamine,multis. And so far I have great results. And considering professional bodybuilders, and lifters recommended the intake, I'd be hesitant to disagree with them

yea 96 in one sitting is a HUGE waste

You end up pissing a lot of that out.
My BF% went from sub 10% to.... well no abs.

I've been putting on MASS. feels good man. getting 70s big 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Taking mac photobooth pics once a month, same lighting. Huge difference. Body composition is an incredible thing 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

How do you measure this? 

best accurate way is the body pod. 

Huge waste to who, you maybe? I see you are more concerned abt your body fat % than anything. Which is total opposite of what iam trying to achieve, which is mass and strength. My protein intake needs to be high, I'm not stupid- obviously my body isn't breaking down 96 grams, prob more alone the lines of 35. I take protein,creatine,glutamine,multis. And so far I have great results. And considering professional bodybuilders, and lifters recommended the intake, I'd be hesitant to disagree with them

from what I've read

I'm trying to go through all the pages, but it's just a lot of material.

Is there anyway anyone wants to help and consolidate a lot of this info either on the first page or post an update on this one?

Might as well make this the NT Fitness Bible or something.

Huge waste to who, you maybe? I see you are more concerned abt your body fat % than anything. Which is total opposite of what iam trying to achieve, which is mass and strength. My protein intake needs to be high, I'm not stupid- obviously my body isn't breaking down 96 grams, prob more alone the lines of 70. I take protein,creatine,glutamine,multis. And so far I have great results. And considering professional bodybuilders, and lifters recommended the intake, I'd be hesitant to disagree with them
70?  No.

Your source is a thread on BB.com?

Dude. 
eyes.gif

You busting your butt in the gym doesnt mean that everything youre doing is correct. 

What makes you qualified upon the subject in the first place if u don't mind me asking.? There's many sites that prove what they are talking about/ just wanted to give a simple example. But I guess u seem to know everything in the first place, maybe we should make u the mod of this thread!......aha

that one dude that posted in here a while back claimed to be at 5%. Forgot the screenname. jdub or something like that
It's a long road. Take it slow. I'm focusing on strength at the moment, so I'm not there. But this summer I'm definitely aiming to hit 7-8%

Back
Top Bottom