Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

So I stopped taking EC after about 1 month of use. The pros are that even though I lost only 4 pounds while using it, my strength remained the same and actually improved on some lifts. Another pro is that it helped control my appetite and my abs are visible again for the first time since June. The cons are that I think they had a negative effect on my mood...I always felt pissed off even though I'm normally relaxed 95% of the time. I felt like I wanted to beat random people up for no reason at all. I've been off it for 3 days now and my workout stamina has decreased so I'll have to learn to adjust. However in those 3 days I've generally felt more upbeat and normal so I definitely think EC can be seriously mood altering for some people.

Cliffs:
-EC Works
-Stay away from sharp objects while on it

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

So I stopped taking EC after about 1 month of use. The pros are that even though I lost only 4 pounds while using it, my strength remained the same and actually improved on some lifts. Another pro is that it helped control my appetite and my abs are visible again for the first time since June. The cons are that I think they had a negative effect on my mood...I always felt pissed off even though I'm normally relaxed 95% of the time. I felt like I wanted to beat random people up for no reason at all. I've been off it for 3 days now and my workout stamina has decreased so I'll have to learn to adjust. However in those 3 days I've generally felt more upbeat and normal so I definitely think EC can be seriously mood altering for some people.

Cliffs:
-EC Works
What's EC? 
Just reupped on soy protein (allergic to gluten and lactose) and amplified creatine pills. Anyone have any experience on the latter? I definitely felt strength boosts when I first started taking it. Thought about replacing it with traditional creatine powder but I thought I'd stick with it for a while 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Cliffs:
-EC Works
What's EC? 
Just reupped on soy protein (allergic to gluten and lactose) and amplified creatine pills. Anyone have any experience on the latter? I definitely felt strength boosts when I first started taking it. Thought about replacing it with traditional creatine powder but I thought I'd stick with it for a while 
ephedrine and caffeine

Cliffs:
-EC Works
What's EC? 
Ephedrine and caffeine. Helps boost energy, speed up metabolism, spare muscles which helps aid in fat loss if you're on a caloric deficit.

I'm like you, I am not lactose intolerant but it kills my stomach so I dont consume it at all. I recently went to my local health food store and came across this supplement company called "New Zealand Whey" and their other brand is called "Perfect Nutrition". They produce gluten free, lactose free and artificial sweetener free whey protein. They have a variety of different flavors and I highly recommend this company. I'm not a fan of whey protein but I bought 2 tubs (Chocolate fudge and chocolate peanut butter) and neither has given be any stomach problems or caused me to bloat. They are not the tastiest protein powders around but they will suit your needs. I am certain that there are other non-gluten/lactose protein brands out there so you dont necessarily have to go the vegan protein route.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

a lot of ppl down 16 oz egg whites.........

i do...........

thats 52 grams of protein what is the big deal?

8 oz egg whites is 26 remember..........

i literally had a carton of 16 oz egg whites yesterday an grossed out some co workers, they were like wait you drink egg whites all the time??!! OMG

52 grams of protein is a lot for PWO.  Factor in the protein from oatmeal and youre looking at around 60 grams.

A massive amount of protein PWO is an idea that doesnt translate to general populations.  Its another one of those "bodybuilding" things.

Cliffs:
-EC Works
What's EC? 
Ephedrine and caffeine. Helps boost energy, speed up metabolism, spare muscles which helps aid in fat loss if you're on a caloric deficit.

I'm like you, I am not lactose intolerant but it kills my stomach so I dont consume it at all. I recently went to my local health food store and came across this supplement company called "New Zealand Whey" and their other brand is called "Perfect Nutrition". They produce gluten free, lactose free and artificial sweetener free whey protein. They have a variety of different flavors and I highly recommend this company. I'm not a fan of whey protein but I bought 2 tubs (Chocolate fudge and chocolate peanut butter) and neither has given be any stomach problems or caused me to bloat. They are not the tastiest protein powders around but they will suit your needs. I am certain that there are other non-gluten/lactose protein brands out there so you dont necessarily have to go the vegan protein route.
Nice, will check this out. Hopefully it's not too $.
Is there a problem with going the soy protein route? Is it an inferior protein for weightlifting/muscle mass? 

Grape Bubblegum, haven't tasted it yet.....

15n5ez4.jpg

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Al Audi

a lot of ppl down 16 oz egg whites.........

i do...........

thats 52 grams of protein what is the big deal?

8 oz egg whites is 26 remember..........

i literally had a carton of 16 oz egg whites yesterday an grossed out some co workers, they were like wait you drink egg whites all the time??!! OMG

52 grams of protein is a lot for PWO.  Factor in the protein from oatmeal and youre looking at around 60 grams.

A massive amount of protein PWO is an idea that doesnt translate to general populations.  Its another one of those "bodybuilding" things.
post workout i go with 40 grams of protein 70 grams carbs

my biggest meal of the day is usually breakfast ill do 16 egg whites cup of oats sometimes 8 oz egg whites 5 whole eggs

yea switch it up.

Which is better?

N.O-Xplode or Jack3d?

Been taking N.O for awhile now and love the results but have been curious about Jack3d since a little cheaper

Originally Posted by rhester

Grape Bubblegum, haven't tasted it yet.....

Best kind IMO. Haven't tried to White Blue Raspberry Jack3d but I did try it in the BCAA and it's delicious

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Which is better?

N.O-Xplode or Jack3d?

Been taking N.O for awhile now and love the results but have been curious about Jack3d since a little cheaper

Try both, and use whichever you feel best on.
I didn't feel anything with noxplode.. it was just juice.

My best workouts have been after a large coffee double shot of espresso 

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

I do 1/2 cup of oatmeal at most....stuff is terrible unless I mix in my organic PB w/ flaxseed.

I've dug quite the hole with this food talk lately...
but I just blend 1 cup of it raw, with PB, flax oil, and milk 
eyes.gif

Took some Slingshot before workouts and the results were pretty good, did legs today and went at em hard but I felt fine throught the workout with no jittery feeling at all just more of a focused feeling. I recommend it to everybody looking for a good pre-workout mix.

Cliffs:
-EC Works
What's EC? 

New Zealand FTW!!

Just came back from a 1 month holiday, strength is #%%*, not as cut as before... going to be a hard road to recovery, especially eating wise tsk tsk

I felt like I wanted to beat random people up for no reason at all. I've been off it for 3 days now and my workout stamina has decreased so I'll have to learn to adjust. However in those 3 days

Cliffs:
-EC Works
damn wanting to beat up random people lmao
laugh.gif
. Always wanted to try it out one day I guess not now(talkin bout the EC)

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

I do 1/2 cup of oatmeal at most....stuff is terrible unless I mix in my organic PB w/ flaxseed.
Damn, oatmeal is probably my favorite carb source out of anything. I'll take oatmeal any day of the week over pasta, rice, bread, pizza, etc etc. To me it tastes like desert, keeps me full and gives me a ton of energy. There are many ways you can make it tasty but if you dont like it then dont even bother eating it. No point eating food you dont like especially when there are other great complex carb sources out there.

You can mix it with fruit, nut butters, raisins, etc etc. Toss in a little bit of butter, salt, sweetener, etc and it tastes great. I can understand people hating cottage cheese, but oatmeal? Come on
laugh.gif

SMH @ me... I was working out 4-5 times a week for like 6 months. Then the last month I haven't gone at all... and it's so hard to get back at it.

Back
Top Bottom