Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Originally Posted by Durden7

Since when is the chest a minor muscle group?

I said smaller ...not minor

It might be a good idea to read properly before trying to look clever.

Alright, whatever.....

Since when is the chest a SMALLER muscle group? 

Active recovery is a good way to help sore muscles heal quicker and feel better. Do some push-ups after chest day if its still sore. Do bodyweight squats or do some light cardio if your legs are sore after leg day. Use some light weights on shoulders or back if they are sore.

Active recovery promotes blood flow to muscles which help reduce soreness a bit and aid a bit in recovery.

I dont know about y'all but my days of waiting 5-6 days between working each muscle are over. It's too long of a wait IMO. If you are an advanced lifter more into bodybuilding and you absolutely destroy each muscle group then working each muscle once per week makes sense but for most people it doesnt. Keep in mind that many people working out are either beginners, doing so just to stay healthy, doing so to burn fat, doing so to improve athleticism, etc so doing individual body part splits would not make sense for them.

just started my first cycle of animal pak and animal stak today, i've already gone through two gallons of water and i've been in and out of the restroom like 50 times already
my pee is like... fluorescent neon yellow too
other than that, i feel real good, hit the gym today and i was feeling really focused and energized, worked my biceps and back and i did more reps than i usually did

anyone here ever do/did the FST-7 training method?? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by hieu23

just started my first cycle of animal pak and animal stak today, i've already gone through two gallons of water and i've been in and out of the restroom like 50 times already
other than that, i feel real good, hit the gym today and i was feeling really focused and energized, worked my biceps and back and i did more reps than i usually did
Thats because youre peeing out everything you just bought. 

Originally Posted by hieu23

Thats because youre peeing out everything you just bought. 
Unless you're going really hard, Animal Pak is a waste of money.

I need new backcercises. Anyone have good results with bent-over rows?

And Durden has a new feud going every week lol

NEED SOME HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK NT i need some help i been doing some research and i need some of NT member input on this..

So i been working out for a month or so while...and i think i have a lil problem..recently this past week ive been trying to burn the belly fat i have so i have been eating way less about 800-1000 calories a day i know that not good but i want to have a descent flat stomach..now the problem is, earlier today i felt weak ..i was struggling wit my DB bench press today, i never felt that weak b4..i have also been running 2miles and incline walking 1 mile total 3miles about 4 this week...so i thought, through me eating less and running it is burning fat and burning away my muscle as well..if this is the case how should i go about losing the lil belly fat i have and not loose my muscle.im currently 158 i was 171 b4. I know i need carbs to get energy to work out but im afraid to gain weight in my mid section...any 1 got any legit diet plans to me out..im no fat but i just wanna loose the belly fat and get a descent flat stomach..i been eating 3 times a day in the morning 3 egg whites 2 slice of turkey breast and 5 crackers/ lunch i usually eat a piece of chicken breast and a cup of rice and some mix veg and dinner a tuna or turkey sandwich with my protein shake..could the case of my weakness today be a result of not eating enough before working or is it the lack of nutrients and the carido burning away my muscle...or should i go back to eating about 1800 calories a day but of course clean and healthy...

any one can help me out with some suggestion really appreciate it..i know its a long read but help fellow NT member out

pics of what i need to loose
e392549e0b8ed3c753954138bbfee0b655c7d3a.jpg
\
bd835a06e7b5880832b759d15ae7014bf68c42f.jpg

Originally Posted by NEX87

OK NT i need some help i been doing some research and i need some of NT member input on this..

So i been working out for a month or so while...and i think i have a lil problem..recently this past week ive been trying to burn the belly fat i have so i have been eating way less about 800-1000 calories a day i know that not good but i want to have a descent flat stomach..now the problem is, earlier today i felt weak ..i was struggling wit my DB bench press today, i never felt that weak b4..i have also been running 2miles and incline walking 1 mile total 3miles about 4 this week...so i thought, through me eating less and running it is burning fat and burning away my muscle as well..if this is the case how should i go about losing the lil belly fat i have and not loose my muscle.im currently 158 i was 171 b4. I know i need carbs to get energy to work out but im afraid to gain weight in my mid section...any 1 got any legit diet plans to me out..im no fat but i just wanna loose the belly fat and get a descent flat stomach..i been eating 3 times a day in the morning 3 egg whites 2 slice of turkey breast and 5 crackers/ lunch i usually eat a piece of chicken breast and a cup of rice and some mix veg and dinner a tuna or turkey sandwich with my protein shake..could the case of my weakness today be a result of not eating enough before working or is it the lack of nutrients and the carido burning away my muscle...or should i go back to eating about 1800 calories a day but of course clean and healthy...
You just said it, you're eating 800-1000 calories which is not enough for a human to function efficiently. If you combine a lack of food with an intense training program, you'll feel sick, not get a good workout and lose motivation easily. Not to mention that it's inefficient because if you're only eating that many calories, your body will start to conserve every bit of food it can get, which will slow your fat loss.

Don't stop eating carbs just because you're afraid you'll gain fat... you need the energy. You will feel weak if you don't eat enough.

any one can help me out with some suggestion really appreciate it..i know its a long read but help fellow NT member out

I'm no socifiecologist, but i think that's your problem

Originally Posted by sbrar8

I'm no socifiecologist, but i think that's your problem
I don't even know what a socifiecologist is, but I know that's your problem.

Originally Posted by scshift

You just said it, you're eating 800-1000 calories which is not enough for a human to function efficiently. If you combine a lack of food with an intense training program, you'll feel sick, not get a good workout and lose motivation easily. Not to mention that it's inefficient because if you're only eating that many calories, your body will start to conserve every bit of food it can get, which will slow your fat loss.

Don't stop eating carbs just because you're afraid you'll gain fat... you need the energy. You will feel weak if you don't eat enough.
good looking on the help NT so i guess ill go back to eating more but i just don't wanna gai more weight or slow down the process of burning my belly fat well its a process so i guess ill continue wit it.. ill post some after pics i about 2 months

Originally Posted by scshift

good looking on the help NT so i guess ill go back to eating more but i just don't wanna gai more weight or slow down the process of burning my belly fat well its a process so i guess ill continue wit it.. ill post some after pics i about 2 months
Fat burns in a carbohydrate flame.

Without eating carbohydrates, youll greatly blunt the usage of fat as energy.

Carb cycling is where it's at. Eating good fats is what's good too. Build muscle and you'll burn fat. Add in some HIIT and you'll be burning that belly in no time.

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

Carb cycling is where it's at. Eating good fats is what's good too. Build muscle and you'll burn fat. Add in some HIIT and you'll be burning that belly in no time.

got more info on carb cycling?

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

Bent over rows are alright as long as you stay 90 degrees. They are good because you can go heavy, but your ROM is sacrificed. Especially for you since youll hit your chest after half a rep 
laugh.gif

I like 1 arm DB rows, pull ups, T bar row, and dead lifts..

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Bent over rows are alright as long as you stay 90 degrees. They are good because you can go heavy, but your ROM is sacrificed. Especially for you since youll hit your chest after half a rep 
laugh.gif

I really like T-bar, but it's best to start off really light and work your way up to a certain weight...because just like the machine rows, you'll end up working out more bicep if you don't do it that way.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

laugh.gif

Hey HEY I don't exactly know what this means. I think your hating on the length of my arms. You apple (hold tongue).

Only reason I haven't done t-bar is because it's annoying to set up without an actual t-bar. Plus, I don't want to break any mirrors (word to buddah).

Scott Herman from the real world lol I've seen some of his vids.

Someone has to correct false information.

Like I said before, it might be agood idea to read properly ....something which you still obviously didn't -chest is a larger muscle group than back & legs? you need to revise your human anatomy.

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Someone has to correct false information.
Like I said before, it might be agood idea to read properly ....something which you still obviously didn't -chest is a larger muscle group than back & legs? you need to revise your human anatomy.
Actually, you said:

But for smaller muscles such as chest, bis & tris
Not "chest is larger THAN back and legs".

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Active recovery is a good way to help sore muscles heal quicker and feel better. Do some push-ups after chest day if its still sore. Do bodyweight squats or do some light cardio if your legs are sore after leg day. Use some light weights on shoulders or back if they are sore.

Active recovery promotes blood flow to muscles which help reduce soreness a bit and aid a bit in recovery.

I dont know about y'all but my days of waiting 5-6 days between working each muscle are over. It's too long of a wait IMO. If you are an advanced lifter more into bodybuilding and you absolutely destroy each muscle group then working each muscle once per week makes sense but for most people it doesnt. Keep in mind that many people working out are either beginners, doing so just to stay healthy, doing so to burn fat, doing so to improve athleticism, etc so doing individual body part splits would not make sense for them.
Great post. Other good ideas/alternatives can be stretching, massage, and foam rolling.
Hyper Cutter wrote:

I stand by my opinion that weighted pull ups and deadlifts are the best back exercises.
But you may be interested in the back lever. It's a gymnastics move that really hits the core, especially the lower back.

Check out pendlay rows also.

Back
Top Bottom