Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Had a horrible weekend, ate like !#@$ and didn't work out since Thurs. 
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

Hey guys, any ideas how I can build strength in my legs (squats, hamstring curls, quad extensions) without necessarily putting on size?

Originally Posted by marath0n

Hey guys, any ideas how I can build strength in my legs (squats, hamstring curls, quad extensions) without necessarily putting on size?

Not 100% but I'd say low weight high reps....

Originally Posted by rhester

High reps wont produce srength, only endurance.

The addition of size isnt really something you can prevent with that goal but very few reps (3-5) with high weight is going to be your best bet.

Originally Posted by Durden7

The addition of size isnt really something you can prevent with that goal but very few reps (3-5) with high weight is going to be your best bet.
Generally speaking without a caloric surplus he should be able to increase strength without adding any mass, right?

Ok, I'm going to be spending a lot of time in this thread.
I'm trying to get my arms, abs, and back in good shape.
I hope I can learn a lot from you guys
edit- I have a question though., If I'm 6'1 165 lbs, how can I bulk up? I dont gain fat easily, and I want to bulk up my chest, arms, and back. Nothing huge, but I want definition. I want more size and I also want my ideal weight to be around 175-180. 

Is this going to be possible with a high metabolism? Any help is appreciated

I'm about to start an EC stack tomorrow...how many milligrams per day of Ephedrine should you start off talking and whats the most you should take in 1 day?

Originally Posted by LightskinFlYbOy 718

ways to drink whey protein without feeling like throwing up?????????????????

what brand protein do you have?
ON & Bodytech (Vitamin Shoppe brand) are delicious IMO. 

Originally Posted by dgk3188

grow a pair

Incorporate the whey in your muffin baking session while you listen to John Mayer and discuss your feelings with girls who put you in the friendzone.
I'm not mad... but come on bro, it's whey not Buckleys 

you people funny but i mix it with milk and sir with a spoon and it still be chucks in it so idk guess i will try something else

I hear you on that.
You have a couple options.. blender or 'shaker'. Go with the most cost effective alternative, but you're def gonna need more than stirring.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Generally speaking without a caloric surplus he should be able to increase strength without adding any mass, right?
Well, If it isnt a surplus its going to be a deficit.  (Best of luck to anyone who is going to eat exactly the recommended amount)

On a deficit, its impossible to add mass or gain strength.  Slight gains in strength (isometric most likely) can be made on a deficit but i'm pretty sure we're talking about significant strength gains here.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

It's possible to gain strength on a caloric deficit for some. Obviously not so for world-class powerlifters. I recommend reading "Power To The People" by Pavel Tsatsouline if you want to find out how to do so. Nervous system efficiency is very important to acquiring "wiry strength." 

Invest in a good brand, right now ON is my favorite. None of their flavors have ever let me down
pimp.gif

In the morning I've been mixing a scoop of vanilla ice cream whey in 16 ounces of water with a Kiwi-Strawberry Crystal Light Pure Fitness packet and it's pretty good. I use it as more of a snack in between meals but if you added in another scoop or two post-workout it should have a little bit stronger flavor.

Post workout I've been using a couple scoops of Cookies and Cream whey from ON

i use ON, but i cant chug it with water+vanilla, i need milk for that
laugh.gif

as of now i have double chocolate and i use water...doesn't taste bad, its just like hot chocolate, but room temp
laugh.gif

Me for Halloween. Old Spice guy.
tongue.gif
Had a blast. I've definitely leaned out since the last pics I posted.

I've decided.
I am going to increase my caloric intake to about 4000/day to assist with this strength training program I'm doing 5/3/1.
Will it be ineffective/counter productive if I skip rope for 10-20 mins/day (which is intense cardio for me) in order to limit fat gains???

what do you guys think about jack3d? ive been cycling it...and this is my 2nd time around using, however, when i cycled off of it i was never really focusing in the gym. i feel like i had ADD and the motivation just wasn't there.

now that i'm back on it, the gym is my sanctuary...am i addicted to this stuff? will i have to depend on this for all of my lifting days?

I'm gonna start taking Optimum 100% Whey Protein since the stuff I'm using now (Myofusion) is running out and I wanna try something new

any good flavors of this stuff?

Originally Posted by dgk3188

what do you guys think about jack3d? ive been cycling it...and this is my 2nd time around using, however, when i cycled off of it i was never really focusing in the gym. i feel like i had ADD and the motivation just wasn't there.

now that i'm back on it, the gym is my sanctuary...am i addicted to this stuff? will i have to depend on this for all of my lifting days?

I hear you dude.
It's a chemical compound. There HAS to be some sort of dependancy factors to it.....

You need to be stronger than the substance though 
laugh.gif
. I do a jar of it and then a month off... in that month I do my best to forget about it and just drink alot of coffee

I bought a small tub of sumperpump250 just to test it out.

Two scoops and I spent the night in the washroom...
sick.gif
 Maybe I ate something bad but I couldn't believe what it did to my body

Back
Top Bottom