Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Mogulson

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Well, I've never tried 5 hr energy, but I am in need of a much cheaper metabolism/energy booster that has no calories (caffeine). I'm oblivious to where the pill form can be found, though. If any of you guys could point me in the right direction that'd be helpful.

Always wanted to try it, but seems a little shady for me. Do this, eat 10 small meals every hour. Scary method african warriors used to use.
Um, no thanks. I ain't really all about that splitting everything up into a gazillion meals every x amount of hours. I'm doing intermittent fasting and all I asked was where to get caffeine pills.

Originally Posted by Mogulson

Well, I've never tried 5 hr energy, but I am in need of a much cheaper metabolism/energy booster that has no calories (caffeine). I'm oblivious to where the pill form can be found, though. If any of you guys could point me in the right direction that'd be helpful.

Always wanted to try it, but seems a little shady for me. Do this, eat 10 small meals every hour. Scary method african warriors used to use.
Um, no thanks. I ain't really all about that splitting everything up into a gazillion meals every x amount of hours. I'm doing intermittent fasting and all I asked was where to get caffeine pills.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/4ever/caf.html

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

If im on a cut and only consume carbs in the morning and preworkout on leg days should I consume it in other meals as well?

Post workout would be a good time to consume some carbs too. I'm on another mini cut right right now, and I've been supplementing with glutamine this time. I tend to lose more muscle mass than  I like during my cuts, but am seeing better results since using glutamine this time.

alright i'm tired of being fat
i'm 6'2" 263
what do i do
do i need supp;lements or anything
or just old fashioned working out

Audi:

If you use Vitargo, on a regular basis and looking for something a little less expensive, I've been using this stuff lately and I love it.  Mixes WAAAY easier than Waxy Maize or Dextrose, tastes better, just thickens the shake up a little but doesn't make it chalky, etc...  (I have the unflavored version).  It reminds me of Vitargo but it runs like $10-$20 cheaper.

PowerCarbHeader.jpg

Power Carb[emoji]8482[/emoji]
Rapid Muscle Glycogen SuperLoader[emoji]8482[/emoji]
Available in Fruit Punch and Unflavored
[table][tr][td]Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 25 grams (1 scoop)
Servings Per Container: 40[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][td][/td][td]Amount
Per Serving[/td][td]% Daily
Value*[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Total Calories[/td][td][/td][td]100[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td] Calories From Fat[/td][td][/td][td]0[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Total Fat[/td][td][/td][td]0g[/td][td]0%[/td][/tr][tr][td] Saturated Fat[/td][td][/td][td]0g[/td][td]0%[/td][/tr][tr][td] Trans Fat[/td][td][/td][td]0g [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Cholesterol[/td][td][/td][td]0mg[/td][td]0%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Sodium[/td][td][/td][td]0mg[/td][td]0%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Potassium[/td][td][/td][td]0mg[/td][td]0%[/td][/tr][tr][td]Total Carbohydrates[/td][td][/td][td]25g[/td][td]10%[/td][/tr][tr][td]  Dietary Fiber[/td][td][/td][td]0g[/td][td]0%[/td][/tr][tr][td]  Sugars[/td][td][/td][td]0g [/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Protein[/td][td][/td][td]0g[/td][td]0%[/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][tr][td][/td][/tr][/table]*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Ingredients: Power Carb[emoji]8482[/emoji] (Karbo-Lyn[emoji]174[/emoji] homopolysaccharide derived from potato, rice, corn), Citric Acid, Natural & Artificial Flavor, FD&C Red #40, Sucralose.
Karbo-Lyn[emoji]174[/emoji] is a registered trademark of All American Pharmaceutical.

Originally Posted by krazyg

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

If im on a cut and only consume carbs in the morning and preworkout on leg days should I consume it in other meals as well?

Post workout would be a good time to consume some carbs too. I'm on another mini cut right right now, and I've been supplementing with glutamine this time. I tend to lose more muscle mass than  I like during my cuts, but am seeing better results since using glutamine this time.
Im just curious where did you get the idea to include glutamine? Because I thought that was just the stuff that's good for your joints.

Originally Posted by Money Making A

if you like jack3d, you should try 1mr the energy rush from it is way better...
pimp.gif

1MR is the bidness

(that gatorade formula you prolly drank in HS (dont know your age) is BEYOND old school)
Gatorade has had essentially the same formula since day 1.  (Not counting G1 and G3)

I cant believe youre downplaying Gatorade too... it's one of the greatest inventions the exercise world has ever seen.

white rice> ol gatorade you were drinking back then post workout

apple pre workout with its polyphenols to boost energy and muscle strength >gatorade you prolly drank before too
White rice doesnt have nearly the other nutrients that gatorade does.  In terms of strictly insulin response yeah they can be compared but thats only a fraction of the picture.

An apple increasing muscle strength?  Ehhh...
It has been a while since Durden made a typo (I see it!) btw how's beta-alanine now?.
Results have been good.  Ive had slight gains in strength, but ive also changed my nutrition and exercise program so I cant say what caused the effect.  Ive noticed it more in terms of aerobic conditioning than I have in the weight room.

What's wrong with bcaa though?
Nothings necessarily wrong with it, the usefulness of it is in question.

no @@+# but I'm going to speak for the crowd here:
Durden... PYP?
No camera and no desire to do it. 

Some of you guys are taking it way too serious. Do your own thing and let others do theirs.
As for me, I don't like pre-workout supplements. Gatorade is alright, but I like to eat, so I stick with whole food. Could supplements increase my results? Maybe. Do I mind? Not at all.

Originally Posted by Durden7

It has been a while since Durden made a typo (I see it!) btw how's beta-alanine now?.
Results have been good.  Ive had slight gains in strength, but ive also changed my nutrition and exercise program so I cant say what caused the effect.  Ive noticed it more in terms of aerobic conditioning than I have in the weight room.

I'm glad you budged a little and aren't completely denying beta-alanine's usefulness. I"m confident that some of your progress is due to that stuff.

Congratulations, you are officially a card-carrying member of the Dark Side. Now take pics, bro (no durden-mo).

jk don't hurt me

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

I took a week off working my biceps and decided to focus on other things. Today, I started working my biceps again and it felt terrible. A problem that I often have when I am curling, I feel a lot of strain on my hands/fingers and forearms. Mostly, when after the 5th rep or so, when the weight is in the resting state, my forearms hurt. It also feels like I'm losing circulation in my hands as well (perhaps my grip is bad?). I feel like I can curl more and do more reps, but my forearms feel like they're on fire and I have to put the weight down.

Edit: I do my curls standing btw if it makes any difference.

Does anyone else have a similar problem? Is there anything I can do or should do? Would it be best to lower the weight, or maybe perhaps doing isolating forearm exercises? Any wraps or gloves to help this at all? Thanks peoples.
I tried lowering the weight and it felt a little better, but I still felt the intense burn in my forearms and hands/fingers. Any good forearm routines you guys incorporate?

Anybody here ever go to Planet Fitness? How serious is the "no grunt" rule??
laugh.gif

I currently go to Ballys and its roughly $20 a month and I hear Planet Fitness is only $10 so I might check it out.

Originally Posted by drock2010

laugh.gif

I currently go to Ballys and its roughly $20 a month and I hear Planet Fitness is only $10 so I might check it out.
There's some video where a guy grunts while doing DL's and that *#%%$!% alarm goes off and he proceeds to throw a fit at the managers. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've never been there, but I imagine it's actually quite serious.  It's funny to me because I've been to plenty of gyms and grunting has never been like a "real" problem to me. 

Originally Posted by D723

laugh.gif

There's some video where a guy grunts while doing DL's and that *#%%$!% alarm goes off and he proceeds to throw a fit at the managers. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I've never been there, but I imagine it's actually quite serious.  It's funny to me because I've been to plenty of gyms and grunting has never been like a "real" problem to me. 
I think they do it so people who just started working out aka "weaker people" dont feel "intimidated" which is pretty dumb

laugh.gif

I currently go to Ballys and its roughly $20 a month and I hear Planet Fitness is only $10 so I might check it out
Its very serious. 

You get what you pay for so if its $10 a month just think about the type of people thatll be there.

I think they do it so people who just started working out aka "weaker people" dont feel "intimidated" which is pretty dumb
How is that dumb? 

for people thinking of taking jack3d...

I was on it for 2 weeks... great workouts/focus. But then I noticed my hair was shedding more than usual. I stopped jack3d and my hair stopped falling out.

Not many others have reported this so its likely an uncommon symptom... but just wanted to let u guys kno.

For the record, had it not been for this side effect... I would most definitely still be taking it.

Durden7 wrote
How is that dumb? 

People go to the gym to workout not look at the man next to them. Its not like those "muscle heads" were born like that they had to work and probably felt intimidated by people who were stronger then them at one point but they got over it and kept on working. If they expect you to be silent while trying to workout thats just insane. Anyway I'm a give it a shot I'm most likely sticking with Ballys from the videos I've seen on Youtube of this place.

Durden7 wrote
How is that dumb? 

People go to the gym to workout not look at the man next to them. Its not like those "muscle heads" were born like that they had to work and probably felt intimidated by people who were stronger then them at one point but they got over it and kept on working. If they expect you to be silent while trying to workout thats just insane. Anyway I'm a give it a shot I'm most likely sticking with Ballys from the videos I've seen on Youtube of this place.

A lot of people do that.  The amount of people who go to the gym to work on themselves and improve their health are very minute.  The amount of "pea-cocking" at a gym is insane depending on the type of gym.  Planet Fitness isnt a "workout" gym either.  Its a lot of cardio equipment and weight machines.  They arent marketed or designed for people who "grunt".  Most have 1 squat rack and no DBs above 65 for a reason.

If everyone was told to "get over it" then the amount of people who exercise would be even smaller.

Most people who grunt loudly dont even need to.

Im not saying Planet Fitness is doing things the right way but to say that "weaker people feeling intimated" is dumb is just a bad way of viewing things.

Anyone here take planned breaks from working out just to give your body a rest? I've been lifting atleast 3x a week since my last break in May and I'm thinking about taking about 7 days off from lifting just to rest up a bit. I'm not injured or anything but I've been doing strictly compounds atleast 3x a week so I'm thinking its time to give my CNS a bit of a rest. I think I'll use the time to do some jogging, cardio, skipping, plyos, etc.

Also, anyone here use Kettlebells? I saw them laying around at my gym yesterday and gave them a try. Definitely a fun workout apparatus but the heaviest KBs at my gym are just 12kg.

Durden7 wrote
How is that dumb? 

A lot of people do that.  The amount of people who go to the gym to work on themselves and improve their health are very minute.  The amount of "pea-cocking" at a gym is insane depending on the type of gym.  Planet Fitness isnt a "workout" gym either.  Its a lot of cardio equipment and weight machines.  They arent marketed or designed for people who "grunt".  Most have 1 squat rack and no DBs above 65 for a reason.

If everyone was told to "get over it" then the amount of people who exercise would be even smaller.

Im not saying Planet Fitness is doing things the right way but to say that "weaker people feeling intimated" is dumb is just a bad way of viewing things.

I just looked this up, and I'm kind of surprised at that rule. People who lift heavy grunt naturally (some do) so how are you supposed to put up alot of weight?

And "weaker people feel intimidated"... not sure if that's serious or not, because it's a gym... how are you going to restrict one guys workout so the dude next to him doesn't feel weak? That's kind of lame, I see people at the gym much stronger than me and that only makes me feel more inclined to keep working to be at their strength level.

I think it's just a by product of the fact that people now are so focused on being slim that all they do is low weight high rep exercises (which isn't even that effective) and cardio that lifting heavy is too much effort so they just don't. Not sure but that's my take. The gyms I go to don't mind however.

Originally Posted by scshift

Durden7 wrote
How is that dumb? 

I just looked this up, and I'm kind of surprised at that rule. People who lift heavy grunt naturally (some do) so how are you supposed to put up alot of weight?

And "weaker people feel intimidated"... not sure if that's serious or not, because it's a gym... how are you going to restrict one guys workout so the dude next to him doesn't feel weak? That's kind of lame, I see people at the gym much stronger than me and that only makes me feel more inclined to keep working to be at their strength level.

I think it's just a by product of the fact that people now are so focused on being slim that all they do is low weight high rep exercises (which isn't even that effective) and cardio that lifting heavy is too much effort so they just don't. Not sure but that's my take. The gyms I go to don't mind however.

Youre not supposed to grunt. Thats the idea.

Youre at a different type of gym with different types of people there.  Most people arent motivated by seeing other people workout with more weight than they are.  It IS intimidating to a lot of people.

I never been to a planet fitness before, but the no DL rule is very crumby (I've only seen them banned in smaller gyms that weren't strength-oriented so to speak)

but this commercial
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom