Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

More info on Huma Pro? Where to buy/price/nutritional info?

If it's good enough for the L2L I may as well give it a try hah.

Question: An individual may state- "My diet consists of certain foods because my body reacts well to them."
How does one determine the effectiveness of a certain food? i.e. my main source of carbs is brown rice and oats. What if those are not the best for my goals? Just by switching one up I wouldn't know if anything had changed..

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Hol' up, ya'll be taking days off cuz of sore throats and *##+?
I'm spittin out green loogies and $@%@ dude, I don't know if I'm contagious or not ...what with that recycled air inside the gym I ain't tryna *%## up somebody else.

i caught a pretty bad cold this morning but i still managed to put up 110 lb dumbell bench presses
pimp.gif

Question: An individual may state- "My diet consists of certain foods because my body reacts well to them."
How does one determine the effectiveness of a certain food? i.e. my main source of carbs is brown rice and oats. What if those are not the best for my goals? Just by switching one up I wouldn't know if anything had changed..

I think trial and error plays a big part in it. I would test out my lifts after eating brown rice, whole wheat pasta, and oatmeal. Ive come to the conclusion that oatmeal suits me best as my complex carb pre-workout. It might be different for you, however. It seems to be a "feel" thing in my opinion

I wish there could be a hyberbolic chamber like in DBZ and i could train all day; and BAM, the next day, i come out looking like if i was chiseled to perfection by the Gods.

I'm seeing results, but damn, it's like i see an awesome progress 2-3weeks(a little increase in lifts and visually) and then the next weeks are just stalled, no progress.

If only i lifted earlier.

I do the ECA stack. I find it very effective. I'm too lazy to sift through all the thread pages so I dont know if it's been mentioned before.

I do the ECA stack. I find it very effective. I'm too lazy to sift through all the thread pages so I dont know if it's been mentioned before.

I've been reading a lot on CLA and the benefits to adding it in to daily diet/exercise. I got the 1000mg capsules from Vitamin Shoppe just to kinda test them out, anyone have experience with CLA? And if so, did it actually work how it was supposed to? I'm not expecting some drastic change but any little boost helps.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by I3

Anyone know a good compound circuit training programme?

Looking to do 2 weeks of intense low rest time compounds with an emphasis on muscle stamina before my tournament
What tournament are you training for?

For a general strength/power workout, I'd do a circuit of:

Squat, deadlift, bulgarian split squats and dumbbell step ups, all for 4-5 reps at around 90% max, no rest in between exercises, then right after that move to upper body.

For upper body: Flat bench press, bent over rows, incline press, weighted chin ups and then weighted dips, all for 3-5 reps at around 90-95% max. You won't be moving alot of weight so be prepared to see a drop in numbers. Take about a 3-5 minute rest, then repeat the circuit, doing it either 2x or 3x through, depending on how you feel.

3-day Basketball tournament next week.

Sounds good mate, so no sets right? Just complete the circuit 3-4x.

Yeah I just feel it would be good to do maybe 2-3 days this week and next of muscle stamina to get me prepared, ive done a lot of cardio the past 3-4 weeks, nearly 4 days of balling up and down the %+*$%*% court. My strength 5x5 compound programme took a halt after I couldnt sustain enough time for recovery.

However this sounds good, ill do this this week and next to get a good kick up
devil.gif

I went through a bottle of CLAs... honestly I didn't really notice anything but hey, maybe I was a bit healthier? i think the idea was that it's a potent antioxident...how do you even measure that in your body?

Originally Posted by NjCollector

I wish there could be a hyberbolic chamber like in DBZ and i could train all day; and BAM, the next day, i come out looking like if i was chiseled to perfection by the Gods.

I'm seeing results, but damn, it's like i see an awesome progress 2-3weeks(a little increase in lifts and visually) and then the next weeks are just stalled, no progress.

amen.

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Looking to do 2 weeks of intense low rest time compounds with an emphasis on muscle stamina before my tournament

Squat, deadlift, bulgarian split squats and dumbbell step ups, all for 4-5 reps at around 90% max, no rest in between exercises, then right after that move to upper body.

For upper body: Flat bench press, bent over rows, incline press, weighted chin ups and then weighted dips, all for 3-5 reps at around 90-95% max. You won't be moving alot of weight so be prepared to see a drop in numbers. Take about a 3-5 minute rest, then repeat the circuit, doing it either 2x or 3x through, depending on how you feel.

Yeah I just feel it would be good to do maybe 2-3 days this week and next of muscle stamina to get me prepared, ive done a lot of cardio the past 3-4 weeks, nearly 4 days of balling up and down the %+*$%*% court. My strength 5x5 compound programme took a halt after I couldnt sustain enough time for recovery.

devil.gif
Basketball
pimp.gif
What tournament you playing in? I'm trying to join some leagues and try and get noticed but there's none in my area, so I'm trying to see what other people are running in.

Here's the thing though: if you have one week, you might be better off laying off weights. It's 3 days so you'll need to reserve as much energy as you can, and if if you go heavy prior you might find some performance losses. At the most, do it twice over the 1 week. That would give you ample recovery time, although I suggest either 1 to not even doing it. Of course, you could do it if you feel ready and you could very well feel a mental boost after the workouts, but if I were you I'd probably just stick to playing pickup games. No need to even practice shooting or ball handling, just pickup to get in the rhythm of running and offense.

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

devil.gif
Basketball
pimp.gif
What tournament you playing in? I'm trying to join some leagues and try and get noticed but there's none in my area, so I'm trying to see what other people are running in.

Here's the thing though: if you have one week, you might be better off laying off weights. It's 3 days so you'll need to reserve as much energy as you can, and if if you go heavy prior you might find some performance losses. At the most, do it twice over the 1 week. That would give you ample recovery time, although I suggest either 1 to not even doing it. Of course, you could do it if you feel ready and you could very well feel a mental boost after the workouts, but if I were you I'd probably just stick to playing pickup games. No need to even practice shooting or ball handling, just pickup to get in the rhythm of running and offense.

Originally Posted by KidJs5

Originally Posted by NjCollector

amen.

i feel the same.

Now besides that...
I just got a jar of this stuff from Costco and this stuff tastes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and its healthy unlike some peanut butters made with Hydrogenated Oils, etc.

almond-butter1.jpg
Almond_Butter.jpg

Almond Butter

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

devil.gif
Basketball
pimp.gif

Im actually over in new zealand haha, its just a yearly national tournament.. should be good, like 5-6 games  a day. 

I was acutally thinking of not doing anything, except playing.  Ive been jumping higher lately after laying of the squats
pimp.gif

Thanks for the advice man
pimp.gif

Best product on the market if your serious about dropping pounds and being healthy I recommend you look into a product I used to use called Limu...keep in mind its not gonna regulate your body if you drink a lot of alcohol,dont work out and eat bad...but if your on top of your work outs and eating habits this stuff makes you drop pounds like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Almond butter is good, but its really expensive.

Crunchy almond butter isnt as good as the creamy version.

Making almond butter is really easy to make. You just need a grinder/food processor, good nuts, and good olive oil. Salt to taste and bam.

I buy organic Almond Butter....$14 for 500g SMGDMFH

What do ou guys eat it with??? I usually just throw it on a HIGH carb 12 grain bun

yea it was expensive 5-6$ something for 22oz i think. I just eat it with bread. About half the jar is already gone 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

devil.gif
Basketball
pimp.gif

Im actually over in new zealand haha, its just a yearly national tournament.. should be good, like 5-6 games  a day. 

I was acutally thinking of not doing anything, except playing.  Ive been jumping higher lately after laying of the squats
pimp.gif

Thanks for the advice man
pimp.gif
Sounds like a great time, I need to look into playing in worldwide tournaments, that'd be crazy.

How tall are you/how much do you weigh?

Back
Top Bottom