Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

whats the difference between hydrowhey from optimum nutrition and gold standard 100% also from optimum nutrition?? any experts shed some light on this??

when they say no carbs after a certain time is that all carbs or just direct carbs like breads/pastas and things like that

that bring me to my next question, what are some good foods to eat at night then
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

the gym isnt the time or place to pick up girls..they dont go to the gym and hope to be hit on, they are  there working on their fitness..now if she comes up to you and talks thats a totally different story...

on a different note, i have started taking this:

pGNC1-3939470dt.jpg

the vanilla ice cream one and its been pretty good so far...about 2 weeks into using it and im up about 3lbs...and I have sooo much trouble putting on weight.  use this as an post-workout drink, or as a late night snack

-J23C

I started taking that same stuff. Some guy at my gym reccomended it. I lost like 7 pounds at first
roll.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

when they say no carbs after a certain time is that all carbs or just direct carbs like breads/pastas and things like that

that bring me to my next question, what are some good foods to eat at night then
laugh.gif

To my understanding, the timing is not as relevant as meeting your macro goals.
No carbs at night is a myth... just make sure by the end of the day you consume the amount you aimed for.

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Yeah, I figured it had something to do with a nerve, but I'm trying to figure out exactly what.

I'll try massaging it if it happens again.
You may want to get it checked out by a chiropractor. When I shadowed one, he mentioned that there are a few different nerves that run down the forearm to the fingers. If there's any damage/injury, you can trace the nerve by which fingers are affected. Spending a little money on your health now, when the injury is less likely to have a permanent impact, is worth not having the hassle of pain as you age.
Haven't had any problems with it so far, but yeah, if anything like that happens again, I'm definitely going to see about getting it checked.

I've made some great progress on my legs this year. Wish I had some before pics.

Spoiler [+]
legsg.jpg

10310.jpg

Am I the first person to post leg pics?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

laugh.gif
cottage cheese + peanut butter

SNEAKERKING-You are not only the first person to post pics of a pink Blackberry or your legs, but the first person to post a pic of your hand dangerously close to you netheregion (ICEMAN already jumped the gun and posted himself naked, can't beat him there)

laugh.gif
You're a real character.

And you must have the wrong dude... 'cause I've never posted pics with a pink BB.

Spoiler [+]
It was purple.
cute.gif

whats the difference between hydrowhey from optimum nutrition and gold standard 100% also from optimum nutrition?? any experts shed some light on this??

I hate arm day.... I look and feel like an idiot doing curls.
think I'm gonna integrate a few tricep exercises in when I can fit them and maybe a couple sets of BB curls at the end of a back workout.

On another note... how can I increase 'stamina' i.e. be able to finish all my exercises+sets+reps ? and it's not gonna be N.O. XPLODE

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

The hydrowhey is supposed to be hydrolzyed, making the proteins easier to absorb. I had a tub, it tasted great and it worked but it's kind of expensive and unproven. I'd probably go for the gold standard unless you have cash to spend.

Hey guys quick question here. I have a problem with allergies and I'm allergic to alot of stuff unfortunatley, Milk, Peanuts, Eggs. Anyways is there a chance that there is a supplement that doenst contain any of these ingredients? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by RareAirBreeds23

Hey guys quick question here. I have a problem with allergies and I'm allergic to alot of stuff unfortunatley, Milk, Peanuts, Eggs. Anyways is there a chance that there is a supplement that doenst contain any of these ingredients? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
There are plenty of Lactose Free whey protein powders out there. Just check the container to make sure it doesnt contain peanut traces.

what's up fellow NTers,

Really big fan of this thread. Very motivating to listen to other people's progress and excercise advice.

Little background on myself: Active but not exactly in shape. I've got a decent amount of body fat on me, but I'm definitely not big or anything. Recent college grad, so I've had a lot more extra time on my hands. Been hitting the gym hard the past month. A lot of what I've read on this thread has helped me decipher what works and what doesn't work in my work outs and diet.

Question: I get a lot of my protein mostly from protein shakes, but buying more of the top branded whey protein from GNC can get expensive. I'm considering possibly using more cheaper brands like the ones they sell at Cost Co.

I was wondering whether you guys thought my money's better spent just going ahead and getting the name brand protein (like ON) or if it doesn't really make a difference, whey protein is just whey protein.

Keep up all the hard work my fellow dudes.

Originally Posted by hlf man hlf amzng

what's up fellow NTers,

Really big fan of this thread. Very motivating to listen to other people's progress and excercise advice.

Little background on myself: Active but not exactly in shape. I've got a decent amount of body fat on me, but I'm definitely not big or anything. Recent college grad, so I've had a lot more extra time on my hands. Been hitting the gym hard the past month. A lot of what I've read on this thread has helped me decipher what works and what doesn't work in my work outs and diet.

Question: I get a lot of my protein mostly from protein shakes, but buying more of the top branded whey protein from GNC can get expensive. I'm considering possibly using more cheaper brands like the ones they sell at Cost Co.

I was wondering whether you guys thought my money's better spent just going ahead and getting the name brand protein (like ON) or if it doesn't really make a difference, whey protein is just whey protein.

Keep up all the hard work my fellow dudes.
Costco sells a brand of whey protein called "Kaizen" which I've read good things about...anyways, the main reason I'm replying to you is because I suggest you get most of your protein from food sources. It isnt that hard...chicken breasts, cottage cheese, eggs, egg whites, beef, tuna, etc. You say you want to reduce bodyfat which means you probably have to eat a bit less and eating real food when trying to lose weight is better because it'll fill you up more than whey protein.

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I hate arm day.... I look and feel like an idiot doing curls.
think I'm gonna integrate a few tricep exercises in when I can fit them and maybe a couple sets of BB curls at the end of a back workout.

On another note... how can I increase 'stamina' i.e. be able to finish all my exercises+sets+reps ? and it's not gonna be N.O. XPLODE

you def need to hit dropsets.. i went back to an arm day w/ drop sets b/c my arms are lagging. The only thing I take pre workout (not all the time) is a cup of coffee if I feel I need it.
I usually get tired 3/4 of the way when working out. Luckily at my gym it's not hard to spot a hot female and I instantly go full force like I'm just starting my first set of the day.. Btw, i'm an ecto also and we just gotta eat plenty of food

how bad is alcohol a few hours after working out? had to cups of beer during the giants game. im sure that isnt a lot to most people but i rarely ever drink.

Need a few tips. I'm a big dude looking to drop pounds. Don't need to (at least I don't think I do) to gain muscle. Other than going on the treadmill, what else can I do?

Sneakerking.. what leg exercises do you do? What is your "leg routine".

Also, I don't think drinking after a workout is THAT bad. It definitely isn't GOOD for you.. at worst you may feel more buzz from not much alcohol. I never put fasting/workingout ahead of friends/social events.

Anyone know a good compound circuit training programme?

Looking to do 2 weeks of intense low rest time compounds with an emphasis on muscle stamina before my tournament

I"m the opposite, I wouldn't hesitate to put health over friends lol.

PAGING DURDEN-Have you gained 10lbs of dense muscle from the beta alanine yet?

Anyone know a good compound circuit training programme?

Looking to do 2 weeks of intense low rest time compounds with an emphasis on muscle stamina before my tournament

Back
Top Bottom