Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by gatorad3

yea it was expensive 5-6$ something for 22oz i think. I just eat it with bread. About half the jar is already gone 
30t6p3b.gif
The little jar at TJ's with flaxseed in it ain't that bad. 

Took some BCAA caps before my workout, but 2minutes later after i took them, i burped and the dust came in my nasal and throat tubes(right word?idk?), damn i thought i was going to die. Every time i tried to breathe i took in pure dust/particles from the capsule, from my nose and throat tubes. I got water and snorted it through my nose to flush it out and drank water,the dust left but it felt like something was in my nose.

Now i know how it feels to take cocaine(w/o the high), damn felt like it was the end.

On another note,
An ECA stack is dangerous if you plan on taking it for a long time, bro, just do it for those last weeks/month(1-2) cutting.
Brett if you're taking jack3d, it has ,i believe, 1gram of beta-alanine or 'round there. But i am interested in other products that people use, here, with betalanine, that work of course.

Can i break those caps and just pour them in my drink?, i don't want to experience that again.

Originally Posted by NjCollector

Took some BCAA caps before my workout, but 2minutes later after i took them, i burped and the dust came in my nasal and throat tubes(right word?idk?), damn i thought i was going to die. Every time i tried to breathe i took in pure dust/particles from the capsule, from my nose and throat tubes. I got water and snorted it through my nose to flush it out and drank water,the dust left but it felt like something was in my nose.

Now i know how it feels to take cocaine(w/o the high), damn felt like it was the end.

On another note,
An ECA stack is dangerous if you plan on taking it for a long time, bro, just do it for those last weeks/month(1-2) cutting.
Brett if you're taking jack3d, it has ,i believe, 1gram of beta-alanine or 'round there. But i am interested in other products that people use, here, with betalanine, that work of course.

Can i break those caps and just pour them in my drink?, i don't want to experience that again.
That's happened to me too. I think it was because I didn't drink enough water with the caps, and that's not how snorting cocaine feels like lol.

So ever since i moved out on my own Ive been going out alot and having people over very frequently and consistently drinking and what not.

And i realize I am 'not about that life'

I like eating really clean and constantly exercising and the physical and mental joys that come with it.

When i drink alot and start eating poorly, I really start to hate myself
laugh.gif

infact when i put on a few lbs I usually wear sweaters for a couple of weeks until i get back to normal, then i wear my fitted clothing again
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

oh and i wonder how a majority of dudes can go to a beach or a gathering where taking your shirt of is required and be ok with how they look.

I'll look at some friends Facebook photos where they are at a shirt-off setting and think "geez, these dudes look awful" PAWS.

And then i realize ita probably my own neurotic nature thats making me think such
laugh.gif

If y'all think almond butter is expensive then you should check out cashew butter (which is 1000x better IMO). I pay like $12 for a 500g jar of cashew butter every week. Almond butter over here aint that expensive at all...like $4 for a 500g jar.
So ever since i moved out on my own Ive been going out alot and having people over very frequently and consistently drinking and what not.

I like eating really clean and constantly exercising and the physical and mental joys that come with it.
95% of people eat junk and they eat whatever is cheap/available/tastes good. When I was on vacation with my boys these guys would just eat whatever was cheap and convenient while I was in the kitchen busy preparing chicken breasts, beans, lentils and broccoli
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. It's definitely a good thing that all of us in this thread watch what we eat but on the other hand it is time consuming and can get in the way of your social life sometimes.

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Anyone know a good compound circuit training programme?

Looking to do 2 weeks of intense low rest time compounds with an emphasis on muscle stamina before my tournament
What tournament are you training for?

For a general strength/power workout, I'd do a circuit of:

Squat, deadlift, bulgarian split squats and dumbbell step ups, all for 4-5 reps at around 90% max, no rest in between exercises, then right after that move to upper body.

For upper body: Flat bench press, bent over rows, incline press, weighted chin ups and then weighted dips, all for 3-5 reps at around 90-95% max. You won't be moving alot of weight so be prepared to see a drop in numbers. Take about a 3-5 minute rest, then repeat the circuit, doing it either 2x or 3x through, depending on how you feel.

3-day Basketball tournament next week.

Sounds good mate, so no sets right? Just complete the circuit 3-4x.

Yeah I just feel it would be good to do maybe 2-3 days this week and next of muscle stamina to get me prepared, ive done a lot of cardio the past 3-4 weeks, nearly 4 days of balling up and down the %+*$%*% court. My strength 5x5 compound programme took a halt after I couldnt sustain enough time for recovery.

However this sounds good, ill do this this week and next to get a good kick up
devil.gif
Basketball
pimp.gif
What tournament you playing in? I'm trying to join some leagues and try and get noticed but there's none in my area, so I'm trying to see what other people are running in.

Here's the thing though: if you have one week, you might be better off laying off weights. It's 3 days so you'll need to reserve as much energy as you can, and if if you go heavy prior you might find some performance losses. At the most, do it twice over the 1 week. That would give you ample recovery time, although I suggest either 1 to not even doing it. Of course, you could do it if you feel ready and you could very well feel a mental boost after the workouts, but if I were you I'd probably just stick to playing pickup games. No need to even practice shooting or ball handling, just pickup to get in the rhythm of running and offense.

Im actually over in new zealand haha, its just a yearly national tournament.. should be good, like 5-6 games  a day. 

I was acutally thinking of not doing anything, except playing.  Ive been jumping higher lately after laying of the squats
pimp.gif

Thanks for the advice man
pimp.gif
Sounds like a great time, I need to look into playing in worldwide tournaments, that'd be crazy.

How tall are you/how much do you weigh?

Im about 5'9 144lbs..

Squatted around 250.. my bench and military press are ****e lol... But I guess its all relevant.  Im about to begin a plyo programme too, I need to get my jump on
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

If y'all think almond butter is expensive then you should check out cashew butter (which is 1000x better IMO). I pay like $12 for a 500g jar of cashew butter every week. Almond butter over here aint that expensive at all...like $4 for a 500g jar.

95% of people eat junk and they eat whatever is cheap/available/tastes good. When I was on vacation with my boys these guys would just eat whatever was cheap and convenient while I was in the kitchen busy preparing chicken breasts, beans, lentils and broccoli
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
. It's definitely a good thing that all of us in this thread watch what we eat but on the other hand it is time consuming and can get in the way of your social life sometimes.

i eat healthier than anyone i personally know but when im on vacation im eating and drinking like a damn beast. diet goes out the window til i come home. cant imagine cooking chicken breasts on vacation while everyone else eats well.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Looking to do 2 weeks of intense low rest time compounds with an emphasis on muscle stamina before my tournament

Squat, deadlift, bulgarian split squats and dumbbell step ups, all for 4-5 reps at around 90% max, no rest in between exercises, then right after that move to upper body.

For upper body: Flat bench press, bent over rows, incline press, weighted chin ups and then weighted dips, all for 3-5 reps at around 90-95% max. You won't be moving alot of weight so be prepared to see a drop in numbers. Take about a 3-5 minute rest, then repeat the circuit, doing it either 2x or 3x through, depending on how you feel.

Yeah I just feel it would be good to do maybe 2-3 days this week and next of muscle stamina to get me prepared, ive done a lot of cardio the past 3-4 weeks, nearly 4 days of balling up and down the %+*$%*% court. My strength 5x5 compound programme took a halt after I couldnt sustain enough time for recovery.

devil.gif
Basketball
pimp.gif
What tournament you playing in? I'm trying to join some leagues and try and get noticed but there's none in my area, so I'm trying to see what other people are running in.

Here's the thing though: if you have one week, you might be better off laying off weights. It's 3 days so you'll need to reserve as much energy as you can, and if if you go heavy prior you might find some performance losses. At the most, do it twice over the 1 week. That would give you ample recovery time, although I suggest either 1 to not even doing it. Of course, you could do it if you feel ready and you could very well feel a mental boost after the workouts, but if I were you I'd probably just stick to playing pickup games. No need to even practice shooting or ball handling, just pickup to get in the rhythm of running and offense.

Im actually over in new zealand haha, its just a yearly national tournament.. should be good, like 5-6 games  a day. 

I was acutally thinking of not doing anything, except playing.  Ive been jumping higher lately after laying of the squats
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
Sounds like a great time, I need to look into playing in worldwide tournaments, that'd be crazy.

Im about 5'9 144lbs..

Squatted around 250.. my bench and military press are ****e lol... But I guess its all relevant.  Im about to begin a plyo programme too, I need to get my jump on
pimp.gif
I'm like 5'7" 140, starting to gain more weight again.

Squat maybe 210 a couple weeks back but took a break, big mistake. My presses are crap also. If you want to improve your vertical, I recommend you buy vertical mastery. I used it, the guy behind it is very honest, great program and he's always available through email if you have questions. When I did it, I started with an 18" vert and last time I measured I had a 30", I might've screwed up on the first measure but the gains are for real.

Can someone recommend a good cheap site to get a good amount of BCAAs? I read that Biotest BCAAs are good. What kind is everyone here (if applicable) taking?

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
i eat healthier than anyone i personally know but when im on vacation im eating and drinking like a damn beast. diet goes out the window til i come home. cant imagine cooking chicken breasts on vacation while everyone else eats well.
laugh.gif

Word. If found the balance of eating clean+healthy without the time consumption. took a lesson from L2L with the raw eggs and took that to heart.

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

devil.gif
Basketball
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Im about 5'9 144lbs..

pimp.gif

Squat maybe 210 a couple weeks back but took a break, big mistake. My presses are crap also. If you want to improve your vertical, I recommend you buy vertical mastery. I used it, the guy behind it is very honest, great program and he's always available through email if you have questions. When I did it, I started with an 18" vert and last time I measured I had a 30", I might've screwed up on the first measure but the gains are for real.

Yeah it sucks qhen you take a break, you lose a bit of momentum I guess.  Im done with heavy squats though, like I can do 1.5x my weight - and im fine with that, I already felt my knees getting a bit sore so anything over 250 isnt really ideal.  I reckon 100kg is the key with great form ATG - it'll go along way than say 120kg with ****e form..

I'll check that programme out though, I need an extra like 2-3 inches (yes *%%+) on my vert to really flush it cleanly.  I havent measured my vert, but I think im around the high 30's maybe 37in I think.. I've also got VJB lying around somewhere, must find that
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Club29

When i drink alot and start eating poorly, I really start to hate myself
laugh.gif

infact when i put on a few lbs I usually wear sweaters for a couple of weeks until i get back to normal, then i wear my fitted clothing again
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

oh and i wonder how a majority of dudes can go to a beach or a gathering where taking your shirt of is required and be ok with how they look.

I'll look at some friends Facebook photos where they are at a shirt-off setting and think "geez, these dudes look awful" PAWS.

And then i realize ita probably my own neurotic nature thats making me think such
laugh.gif
It's sad, but I agree 100% with all of this. 
I don't know though, I used to be a fat boy all throughout grade school and I stretched out and looked skinny when I picked up sports in high school. Now that I actually look in shape with decent muscle and less bf%....it's hard to live with not looking at my peak...especially since I've been trying hard to avoid any remnants of my past physique.

I have a knee injury and cant really run or anything. Is there some way that i can stay inshape endurance/cardio wise? Helpp

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by Club29

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

It's sad, but I agree 100% with all of this. 
I don't know though, I used to be a fat boy all throughout grade school and I stretched out and looked skinny when I picked up sports in high school. Now that I actually look in shape with decent muscle and less bf%....it's hard to live with not looking at my peak...especially since I've been trying hard to avoid any remnants of my past physique.
I do the same thing when I gain weight. I start wearing my bigger clothes until I get back to my regular size. And most people don't recognize if I gained weight because my clothes hide it. Also on what Keepdasneakz said I feel like I need to look the best I can 24/7.

Went to QFC and Trader Joes today and I bought some more nut butters again today lol...
imag0298kl.jpg

The Chocolate flavored peanut butter is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Its like reese's except in Peanut butter form. The Cinnamon Raisin Swirl is good too. Another thing is they're like 160-170 calories per serving (2 tbsp) which is a little bit less calories than regular peanut butter 190-210 calories.

Do people buy open supplements?
I have a tub of creatine I used once and decided I didnt want to take creatine...

*Not a for sale ad, just a question*

Saw a kid I went to highschool with (3 years ago) at the gym. He was muscular back then but obviously didn't slow down. He was seated shoulder pressing 95s... I SHOULD HAVE STARTED LIFTING BACK THEN.

I got the idea to start getting a better warm up becuase lately I've been starting COLD... did ten mins on the treadmill, and after my workout had a bit of energy to spare so I did another ten moderately hard.

MY SHINS ARE killing me today... were my shoes laced too tight? or what? I can't even walk today

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

Originally Posted by I3

devil.gif
Basketball
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

Im about 5'9 144lbs..

pimp.gif

Yeah it sucks qhen you take a break, you lose a bit of momentum I guess.  Im done with heavy squats though, like I can do 1.5x my weight - and im fine with that, I already felt my knees getting a bit sore so anything over 250 isnt really ideal.  I reckon 100kg is the key with great form ATG - it'll go along way than say 120kg with ****e form..

I'll check that programme out though, I need an extra like 2-3 inches (yes *%%+) on my vert to really flush it cleanly.  I havent measured my vert, but I think im around the high 30's maybe 37in I think.. I've also got VJB lying around somewhere, must find that
pimp.gif
Yeah I can squat/deadlift 1.5x but I want to go over just a little bit so I can do it easily, then I'll slow down. My upper body is terrible in comparison, but I can bench my bodyweight like once or twice. 37" is a ridiculous vertical, have you trained before? If so it is probably harder to increase it but if not, then you must be crazy athletically gifted. I need a 37" vert just to touch the rim because my standing reach is just under 7'
frown.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

did ten mins on the treadmill, and after my workout had a bit of energy to spare so I did another ten moderately hard.

MY SHINS ARE killing me today... were my shoes laced too tight? or what? I can't even walk today

I've asked a bunch of people who run all the time if it was just me running with improper form causing the pain , and they agreed that its harder to run on a treadmill. I used to run cross country/ track & field back in high school, and I would hardly ever be sore. Treadmills feel like theyre beating up my knees and shins, so I usually just run on them every other day instead of making them part of my daily routine.

I've asked a bunch of people who run all the time if it was just me running with improper form causing the pain , and they agreed that its harder to run on a treadmill. I used to run cross country/ track & field back in high school, and I would hardly ever be sore. Treadmills feel like theyre beating up my knees and shins, so I usually just run on them every other day instead of making them part of my daily routine.

Yo I hear that, treadmills are harmful and ineffective... but we're talking TEN MINS  damn
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

Originally Posted by Al Audi

http://www.simplyshredded...-simplyshredded-com.html

very impressed, so basically when you cant even pinch skin off your body is 5% bf? do we all agree?

Saw this this morning, dude doesn't even do cardio
a lot of ppl say that

but im not shredded to that point yet.

diet is more important though, thats the key to this whole thing......

Back
Top Bottom