Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by Derek916

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

How counterproductive is grilled pork chop to my cardio? I trim off the fat and don't add any salt.

Grilled pork loin chop is a pretty healthy lean meat.  Almost comparable to chicken breast. 

Here's a good article on pork.  Especially the pork loin to chicken breast comparison.

http://findarticles.com/p...323655/?tag=content;col1

PORK VS. CHICKEN

Pork has been pitched as "the other white meat" since 1987, when chicken, which had a reputation for being low in fat, started to become the more popular choice. Some pig products should definitely be avoided--lard, for example--but pork can do a body good.

Pork tenderloin is actually lower in total fat than a skinless chicken breast (2.98 g vs. 3.03 g). It's also considered an excellent source of several important nutrients: vitamin B12 and the B vitamins thiamine and niacin, all of which help protect against heart attacks and strokes.

Pork is also high in protein, which is important for rebuilding muscle mass after a workout. And a recent study from Purdue University found that people who ate a reduced-calorie diet high in protein--including 6 ounces of lean pork a day--lost only 3.3 pounds of lean muscle mass, while a group that ate a low-protein diet lost 6.2 pounds of lean mass.

The nutrition benefits don't stop there. Pork is also a good source of riboflavin (a B vitamin that helps preserve your vision), zinc (which promotes growth, immunity, wound healing, and appetite control), and potassium (which may help regulate blood pressure and protect against stroke). All the more reason to pile up your plate with the stuff--in moderation, of course.
I know someone said my cholesterol quote was flawed but this....comeon
laugh.gif

If anyone wants to try this sandwich...its heavenly and cholesterol free for the most part I think

2xEgg whites
1/2Avocado
Artichoke Hearts preserved
Mayo  (less than 1/2 tbsp. don't need much with these small thin wheat breads)
Ketchup

What do you mean?

Here's the nutrition info on boneless chicken breast.  http://caloriecount.about...skinless-chicken-i109352

Here's the nutrition info on pork loin chops.  http://caloriecount.about...ion-wise-boneless-i98985

Originally Posted by Hyper Cutter

sneakerking-judging from your past avy, how the hell are you NOT in single digit bf? lol i would think your in the 6-7 range just from your avys.
I really have no idea what my bf is, but I know for a fact it's not THAT low. Man, I wish.
laugh.gif

If I had to just throw a number out there, I'd say maybe 10%?

Originally Posted by Derek916

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

How counterproductive is grilled pork chop to my cardio? I trim off the fat and don't add any salt.

Grilled pork loin chop is a pretty healthy lean meat.  Almost comparable to chicken breast. 

Here's a good article on pork.  Especially the pork loin to chicken breast comparison.

http://findarticles.com/p...323655/?tag=content;col1

PORK VS. CHICKEN

Pork has been pitched as "the other white meat" since 1987, when chicken, which had a reputation for being low in fat, started to become the more popular choice. Some pig products should definitely be avoided--lard, for example--but pork can do a body good.

Pork tenderloin is actually lower in total fat than a skinless chicken breast (2.98 g vs. 3.03 g). It's also considered an excellent source of several important nutrients: vitamin B12 and the B vitamins thiamine and niacin, all of which help protect against heart attacks and strokes.

Pork is also high in protein, which is important for rebuilding muscle mass after a workout. And a recent study from Purdue University found that people who ate a reduced-calorie diet high in protein--including 6 ounces of lean pork a day--lost only 3.3 pounds of lean muscle mass, while a group that ate a low-protein diet lost 6.2 pounds of lean mass.

The nutrition benefits don't stop there. Pork is also a good source of riboflavin (a B vitamin that helps preserve your vision), zinc (which promotes growth, immunity, wound healing, and appetite control), and potassium (which may help regulate blood pressure and protect against stroke). All the more reason to pile up your plate with the stuff--in moderation, of course.
I know someone said my cholesterol quote was flawed but this....comeon
laugh.gif

If anyone wants to try this sandwich...its heavenly and cholesterol free for the most part I think

2xEgg whites
1/2Avocado
Artichoke Hearts preserved
Mayo  (less than 1/2 tbsp. don't need much with these small thin wheat breads)
Ketchup
What do you mean?

Here's the nutrition info on boneless chicken breast.  http://caloriecount.about...skinless-chicken-i109352

Here's the nutrition info on pork loin chops.  http://caloriecount.about...ion-wise-boneless-i98985

no i was talking about the article stating that people who ate higher protein lost less lean body mass not about the meat

This right here is motivational. VERY MOTIVATIONAL

If he can drop 40 pounds in 6 months, I'm positive I can do the same with 20 pounds.

Originally Posted by BlastaMasta8

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

http://www.youtube.com/v/GuYET2H-hwU?f=videos&app=youtube_gdatahttp://www.youtube.com/v/GuYET2H-hwU?f=videos&app=youtube_gdata

This right here is motivational. VERY MOTIVATIONAL

If he can drop 40 pounds in 6 months, I'm positive I can do the same with 20 pounds.
I just saw the whole documentary. It was very inspirational and educational.
5:08 home dudes sister or wife is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
good documentary though.

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

^ its all connected to that video. theres 9 parts.
Just finished watching it... It was VERY informative and motivational.

damn im only halfway but 1770 calories is very low!

1/4 scoop of oats? damn

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Grimm, any video of those "proper rows"?
Great video... I always thought you had to have your back basically parallel to the floor, but that "don't drop the bar below the knees" tip really makes it obvious it's more of a 45 degree angle.

Originally Posted by SNEAKERKING757

Can single digit bf be attained from just a strict diet and no cardio?

I have no idea what my bf is now, but I highly doubt it's in the single digits and I want to know if I'd still be able to get there...
Based on your past avy's I thought you were pretty lean. Like 8% or so. Maybe it was the flexing though? There's a guide somewhere online. Look at that and it might help you better judge your goal.
and to answer your question, yeah, it's definitely possible, it just requires discipline. To get really lean, you need to just cut calories. To get it is easier than maintaining it though. I've heard from some people that hover around 12-15% that when they were in single digit zone, they didn't really feel too good. Of course it's completely subjective, but some people say that they're always cold or hungry when they get really low (5-7%).

I do want to get there too though. I just need to stop slacking
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Thanks Grimm, very useful video.

For those who use protein powder as a supp, you take it both pre & post workout?

Did 275x6 on deadlifts on my 4th set. Jesus christ my back is sore...my god. That's my new PR, but I still feel like I could bump up maybe 10-20 lbs.

Might be a stupid question, but oh well.. lol

For cardio on the bicycle, does it only burn fat off your legs or whole body? Because, I still have a little fat left on my stomach that I am trying to lose.

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

You can try just bringing the weight a lot lower and like I said focus on using the lower chest. Bring the weight to like mid ribs and while you push it up you shouldn't go too far past the nips. As opposed to a regular bench when you bring it down it hits your nips and is at the top of the chest when you lock out.
I wouldnt advise doing any sort of bench pressing motion that doesnt involve the bar going up and down in a vertical motion.

The bar is still moving vertically, you misunderstood.

You guys have any suggestions for calorie dense, healthy foods? I got peanut butter, I throw extra virgin olive oil in some of my shakes...anything else? I need to up my calorie intake but I have no appetite, so the more efficient the calories the better

ChiefWiggum wrote:
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
ChiefWiggum wrote:
You can try just bringing the weight a lot lower and like I said focus on using the lower chest. Bring the weight to like mid ribs and while you push it up you shouldn't go too far past the nips. As opposed to a regular bench when you bring it down it hits your nips and is at the top of the chest when you lock out.
I wouldnt advise doing any sort of bench pressing motion that doesnt involve the bar going up and down in a vertical motion.

The bar is still moving vertically, you misunderstood.
Can you explain it better because I dont know how someone would be able to focus on their lower pectoral with a flat bench.
Might be a stupid question, but oh well.. lol

For cardio on the bicycle, does it only burn fat off your legs or whole body? Because, I still have a little fat left on my stomach that I am trying to lose. 
It burns off fat from your entire body.  Its aerobic so it helps with heart health which in turn helps with weight maintenance.

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

You guys have any suggestions for calorie dense, healthy foods? I got peanut butter, I throw extra virgin olive oil in some of my shakes...anything else? I need to up my calorie intake but I have no appetite, so the more efficient the calories the better
Cottage cheese?

Back
Top Bottom