Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

saxman2112 wrote:
Originally Posted by marath0n

Kinda controversial. Contradicts alot of convention wisdom when it comes to getting ripped.

http://www.youtube.com/v/2jKtQaWY-mc&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/2jKtQaWY-mc&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Thoughts?

Dude needs to be slapped.� Hard.

I posted this same vid late last year, I kinda feel what he's saying just seeing how it has correlated with me personally but I still take it with a grain of salt because I know nutrition has to play a role in gaining muscle mass more than what he said we are capable of. 

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

watchin these clips from the arnold....Phil Heath's progress is REMARKABLE!

But training with Dorian Yates gave Kai the discipline to repeat....Yates had Kai in PAIN [pause]

How someone determines progress in bodybuilding still baffles me.  I always get puzzled when people use regular sports terms and phrases in the bodybuilding community.  I can understand larger picture progress but year to year I dont see it.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

saxman2112 wrote:
Originally Posted by marath0n

Kinda controversial. Contradicts alot of convention wisdom when it comes to getting ripped.

http://www.youtube.com/v/2jKtQaWY-mc&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/2jKtQaWY-mc&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Thoughts?

Dude needs to be slapped.� Hard.

I posted this same vid late last year, I kinda feel what he's saying just seeing how it has correlated with me personally but I still take it with a grain of salt because I know nutrition has to play a role in gaining muscle mass more than what he said we are capable of.�
I clicked the youtube link, Went to his website, played along, and finally got to the scammy type of video where he went over the same three points for 15 mins about social domination and females won't be able to get their hands off of you. I finally just closed it because i was so annoyed. get to the point where I pay $15 for your stupid workout plan already.
laugh.gif

But training with Dorian Yates gave Kai the discipline to repeat....Yates had Kai in PAIN [pause]
Kai took awhile to grasp the concept of what Dorian was teaching him. How many times Dorian told him to squeeze at the end. Kai just wanted to throw the weight up.....Anyway, I believe Phil should of won

Originally Posted by Durden7

How someone determines progress in bodybuilding still baffles me.  I always get puzzled when people use regular sports terms and phrases in the bodybuilding community.  I can understand larger picture progress but year to year I dont see it.
Thats because you dont understand what pro bodybuilding is. You may understand the simple things but its more complex than you think.
im too lazy to go into details

Okay there is something a little fishy going on here. Working out and being in shape is cool. I do it too. But this is a male dominant board and you all have some incredibly ayo avy's going on.

^Decline presses and flies. Bring it pretty low and really focus on using the lower half of your chest to push the weight up.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

How counterproductive is grilled pork chop to my cardio? I trim off the fat and don't add any salt.

Grilled pork loin chop is a pretty healthy lean meat.  Almost comparable to chicken breast. 

Here's a good article on pork.  Especially the pork loin to chicken breast comparison.

http://findarticles.com/p...323655/?tag=content;col1

PORK VS. CHICKEN

Pork has been pitched as "the other white meat" since 1987, when chicken, which had a reputation for being low in fat, started to become the more popular choice. Some pig products should definitely be avoided--lard, for example--but pork can do a body good.

Pork tenderloin is actually lower in total fat than a skinless chicken breast (2.98 g vs. 3.03 g). It's also considered an excellent source of several important nutrients: vitamin B12 and the B vitamins thiamine and niacin, all of which help protect against heart attacks and strokes.

Pork is also high in protein, which is important for rebuilding muscle mass after a workout. And a recent study from Purdue University found that people who ate a reduced-calorie diet high in protein--including 6 ounces of lean pork a day--lost only 3.3 pounds of lean muscle mass, while a group that ate a low-protein diet lost 6.2 pounds of lean mass.

The nutrition benefits don't stop there. Pork is also a good source of riboflavin (a B vitamin that helps preserve your vision), zinc (which promotes growth, immunity, wound healing, and appetite control), and potassium (which may help regulate blood pressure and protect against stroke). All the more reason to pile up your plate with the stuff--in moderation, of course.

damn the problem is that my friends bench doesnt do decline idk why,so those are the only excersises that work for that part of the body? thanks for the info tho

You can try just bringing the weight a lot lower and like I said focus on using the lower chest. Bring the weight to like mid ribs and while you push it up you shouldn't go too far past the nips. As opposed to a regular bench when you bring it down it hits your nips and is at the top of the chest when you lock out.

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

You can try just bringing the weight a lot lower and like I said focus on using the lower chest. Bring the weight to like mid ribs and while you push it up you shouldn't go too far past the nips. As opposed to a regular bench when you bring it down it hits your nips and is at the top of the chest when you lock out.
I wouldnt advise doing any sort of bench pressing motion that doesnt involve the bar going up and down in a vertical motion.

Okay there is something a little fishy going on here. Working out and being in shape is cool. I do it too. But this is a male dominant board and you all have some incredibly ayo avy's going on.
shutup

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Kai took awhile to grasp the concept of what Dorian was teaching him. How many times Dorian told him to squeeze at the end. Kai just wanted to throw the weight up.....Anyway, I believe Phil should of won
haha Yates put that wisdom on that dude...no matter how big/strong or successful you are..with improper form, you might as well be a novice
those (proper) rows he had him doing...absolute lat killers..
sick.gif
sick.gif

Thanks for the article, cguy610. I eat grilled pork chops about 1 to 2 times a week so I was wondering if it would work against my gym efforts or not. Just started really working out in the gym about 3wks ago, down to 173lbs right now (started out at 180lbs). Seven pounds isn't much, I know, but it's definitely motivation to look at the scale (and in the mirror) and tell that my hard work is giving me some kind of results. I probably could be down more if I hadn't cheated here and there.

You're welcome.  Also remember that you can gain muscle while losing fat so that scale doesn't tell the full story on your progress. 

I keep my eyes to myself at the gym..
but today this old indian guru lookin' body builder was doing bench press(like 350lbs) beside me and I was doing deadlifts. Between his sets he was MADD GAWKIN at me.. me being a novice I can only assume he is judging my form and doin' the old SMH.

Deadlifts: bar is close to my shins, *## is sticking out (straight back). I pick the bar up, keeping it close to my shins and once I reach the knees I extend my quads and begin to lift with my back.. continually keeping the bar close to my body.
Does this sound correct???

Also I should mention. Has anyone done trisets? THEE OF: 12x bar push down, 12x rope push down, 12x rope overhead extension. Best "swole" I've ever felt. How can I use the superset theory to get my shoulders feeling like this?>

After my workout, I went to the locker room bathroom to wash my hands when suddenly this old naked geezer decides to wash his hands in the sink next to me. I'm like "fuuuuuuuuuuu!"
I finish up and reach for the paper towels, which are guarded by the old guy's bent over butt...but i evade his dastardly #+!,  then suddenly i hear him moan the word "ow!"
He says,"You got me!".
"Sorry", I said, not quite sure of what the hell he means. I then realize i had just washed my hands with cold water. I was shaking the water off my hands like a dog shakes his body to get dry. I must have sprinkled the bastard with some cold water.
Serves him right for sticking his butt in my way.

shutup

Its not even about that.  When you see people's phsique its more like damn that dude/chic is cut or huge/great physique.  More of an appreciation of their hardword etc..

Can single digit bf be attained from just a strict diet and no cardio?

I have no idea what my bf is now, but I highly doubt it's in the single digits and I want to know if I'd still be able to get there...

sneakerking-judging from your past avy, how the hell are you NOT in single digit bf? lol i would think your in the 6-7 range just from your avys.

Originally Posted by cguy610

How counterproductive is grilled pork chop to my cardio? I trim off the fat and don't add any salt.

Grilled pork loin chop is a pretty healthy lean meat.  Almost comparable to chicken breast. 

Here's a good article on pork.  Especially the pork loin to chicken breast comparison.

http://findarticles.com/p...323655/?tag=content;col1

PORK VS. CHICKEN

Pork has been pitched as "the other white meat" since 1987, when chicken, which had a reputation for being low in fat, started to become the more popular choice. Some pig products should definitely be avoided--lard, for example--but pork can do a body good.

Pork tenderloin is actually lower in total fat than a skinless chicken breast (2.98 g vs. 3.03 g). It's also considered an excellent source of several important nutrients: vitamin B12 and the B vitamins thiamine and niacin, all of which help protect against heart attacks and strokes.

Pork is also high in protein, which is important for rebuilding muscle mass after a workout. And a recent study from Purdue University found that people who ate a reduced-calorie diet high in protein--including 6 ounces of lean pork a day--lost only 3.3 pounds of lean muscle mass, while a group that ate a low-protein diet lost 6.2 pounds of lean mass.

The nutrition benefits don't stop there. Pork is also a good source of riboflavin (a B vitamin that helps preserve your vision), zinc (which promotes growth, immunity, wound healing, and appetite control), and potassium (which may help regulate blood pressure and protect against stroke). All the more reason to pile up your plate with the stuff--in moderation, of course.

I know someone said my cholesterol quote was flawed but this....comeon
laugh.gif

If anyone wants to try this sandwich...its heavenly and cholesterol free for the most part I think

2xEgg whites
1/2Avocado
Artichoke Hearts preserved
Mayo  (less than 1/2 tbsp. don't need much with these small thin wheat breads)
Ketchup

Back
Top Bottom