Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

What do yo guys think of my current workout/cardio cycle?

I lift 4 days in a row (chest/bis, legs, tris/shoulders, back) and then I do cardio for 2 of the 3 days left in the week.

When life gets busy I'll do the 4 workouts in maybe 6 or 7 days total and maybe do cardio in between. Is there an advantage to either?

Finally got to train today after 5 days off because of food poisoning. I actually didn't really lose strength. Just did a basic leg workout, but squatted close to my heaviest, and it felt comfortable.

On a side note, I found a relatively clean option on the Cheesecake Factory menu. Go to the breakfast section and look for The Energy Plate. It's scrambled egg-whites, a grilled chicken breast, steamed spinach, and two slices of tomato. I couldn't believe it was on that menu, only a few pages away from deep-fried avocado egg-rolls, and deep-fried mac and cheese.

^Make your own tomato sauce. Buy some tomato at your local Hispanic market for cheap and ask your man Google for a recipe. He will help you out. That will be my next project.

Todays menu

7:30 AM
Banana

9:30 AM
Eggs + Turkey + Sauteed Onions on Whole Wheat Bread w/Avacado/Lime Spread

11:30 AM
Navel Orange

12:45 PM
Oatmeal w/Milled Flaxseed

1:30 PM
Workout

3:00 PM
Bowl of Lima Beans

Don't know what I will be eating tonight. I know I have a roasted chicken I need to finish off. Will probably make a salad as well.

What can I add to this? Am I lacking anything?

Feel really good about things right now.

Right before Thanksgiving I tested my BF% and I was at 13.3%. Just for a goal, I told myself I wanted to get under 10% by April.

Got myself tested today and I was at 11.8%. I went really hard in January. I take weekends off, I worked out 19/20 possible days. I would have got 20/20 but my office was closed on MLK (I work out at lunch time).

Feels good to finally see something tangible though.

Joined a new gym on Friday, Boston Sports Club, nice amenities, equipment, etc. Has the feel of a health club, was going to the YMCA by my place but needed a change of scenery and only paying $4 more a month for a much, much nicer gym.

Question for all you fitness and nutrition heads:

I am in the weight loss camp, I want to get back into shape from my pre-college era. I have had to lose weight before and after a while I would hit the infamous "plateau". To try to battle that, I've read a lot about cycling calories, to confuse your body and metabolic rates and drop weight at a better pace.

For example:

Mon-Thurs = 1500 calories per day
Fri-Sun = 2300 calories per day (still eating decent foods, just more portions)

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Tryna jack up my calorie intake.
Majority of my meals are clean, but I'll probably have to eat one unhealthy food a day

Another nutrition question here for you guys. I'd just like a critique of what I'm eating.

Breakfast: Bowl of Cheerios, 3 eggs, and a multivitamin.
Snack: Some oranges and a banana
Post workout: Protein Shake.
Lunch: Chicken breast and brown rice.
Dinner: Chicken breast and brown rice

I'm sadly not too much of a veggie person but fruits mos def.

^ Do you have the ability to eat FOOD after you work out? If so, ditch the shake in favor of real food. I just personally don't see the need for a shake if you have access to real food.

You need to get more greens in your diet man. Greens can be fun.

Carrots or Celery w/hummus
Salads
Cucumbers, I like to soak my cucumbers in vinegar, black pepper, garlic powder, little salt. I soak overnight, nice snack for the next day
Steamed Broccoli (I drink the water that I boil any veggie in)

I love peppers. ROasted Reds especially. Put them on just about any sandwich I eat. That and onions.

Lots of garlic

I CAN eat more foods after working out but all I really could think of thats protein heavy and easy to cook is another chicken breast. I dont mind the same foods everyday either.

If you can get food in there get food. A chicken breast will be fine.

Where do you buy them from? If you eat them THAT often, you might as well go to Costco or Sams Club to get a super pack. Under $20.

Switch it up though, buy some Salmon. Turkey Breast. FOr sandwiches. There is so much good food out there to eat the same thing every day.

BEANS is another thing. I eat beans at least once a week. Dried beans. SOak them overnight, cook the next day.
Lima
Black
Navy
Black Eyed
Chick Peas

Too much food out there man

I def understand theres different kinds of foods but I feel its easier to do the same thing over and over. For me atleast. I might throw in a turkey sandwich and stuff. I wouldnt mind throwing in a tuna sandwich but everyday scares me.

Originally Posted by JOE CAMEL SMOOTH

spring break comin up for you dudes still in school

got more or less 5 weeks to look right

think about that

Thats my motivation.
pimp.gif

lost 14 pounds in january
pimp.gif

definitely changed my eating habits, small portions, no fatty foods (burgers, fries)

ate salads and lean meats (turkey and chicken breast)

lots and lots of cardio (2 mile runs outside, eleptical machines)

situps and pull-ups as well

thanks for all the useful information NT! my goal is to hit my target weight of 175-180

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

I def understand theres different kinds of foods but I feel its easier to do the same thing over and over. For me atleast. I might throw in a turkey sandwich and stuff. I wouldnt mind throwing in a tuna sandwich but everyday scares me.
I agree man... I know more/more exciting foods exist but I eat the same things every day.
I figure if I'm going to eat properly it's a challenge in itself, let alone trying to cook and get creative.

gratz on the progress mustbetheshoes

alright boys.. who's joining me for Fitness and Focus February.
Kicked off today. No smoking, drugs, drinking or fast food for all of February (including my birthday+spring break) AND study/read + fitness at least 6 days a week.
Setting goals like these breeds unimaginable motivation

Today is my first day of bulk and i had 3 meals already... 3-4 more to go before I head to bed...

How accurate are you guys when counting calories when eating like rice and other similar foods? Do you estimate or actually get a measuring cup?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Joined a new gym on Friday, Boston Sports Club, nice amenities, equipment, etc. Has the feel of a health club, was going to the YMCA by my place but needed a change of scenery and only paying $4 more a month for a much, much nicer gym.

Sounds like you might be in Central Square.  If so, come see me, I'll be happy to do your intro session.  I'm the trainer with the bald head and the goatee.

I really want to start P90X. Any advice or tips I should know? Should I take any forms of supplements like whey protein and if so when during my workout?
I'm new to this all but want to try to change my ways.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

^ Do you have the ability to eat FOOD after you work out? If so, ditch the shake in favor of real food. I just personally don't see the need for a shake if you have access to real food.

You need to get more greens in your diet man. Greens can be fun.

Carrots or Celery w/hummus
Salads
Cucumbers, I like to soak my cucumbers in vinegar, black pepper, garlic powder, little salt. I soak overnight, nice snack for the next day
Steamed Broccoli (I drink the water that I boil any veggie in)

I love peppers. ROasted Reds especially. Put them on just about any sandwich I eat. That and onions.

Lots of garlic
Tanks for teh reminder. I need to get some hummus. How's the fridge life on that stuff anyway? Is it cool if I get a lot if I'm the only one who eats it?

anybody else chomp these?  someone recently suggested them to me and I'm hooked.
chobani.jpg

I've been housing these for snacks lately.
16g protein w/ 0 fat & my market has 10/$10
pimp.gif

^What about artificials...? Can you guys point out where I can get them at, because I don't believe I've ever seen that at Safeway.

Can any of you guys recommend me a solid stretching regiment.

I've been playing ball and over played and now I can't hit a jumpshot in combination with my workouts.

I'm sore as I eat straight peanut butter. Haha.

Back
Top Bottom