Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

^What about artificials...? Can you guys point out where I can get them at, because I don't believe I've ever seen that at Safeway.
at home (NY) I get them at waldbaums or Stop & Shop and at school (DE) I get them at a Pathmark

What's good with Muscle Milk? My gym had a rep there today, handing out free bottles. I took a Vanilla and Banana. I drank the Vanilla when I got home after my workout, wasn't bad.

They cool to have on a daily basis after my workout, or am I better off with something else?

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Do any of you guys know anything about Kashi foods? Is this stuff actually good?
I got the Almond Honey Flax Cereal. Definitely tasty. I recommend it.

workout i just finished doing.

bench press - 3x10
db incline - 3x10
db shoulder press 3x10
tricep extension - 3x10
skull crusher - 3x10 (these were a +%#%%)
pimp.gif

went to the community college gym today never felt like I stood out so much in my life
smokin.gif
doing pull ups and what not had all the woman staring
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

^ Do you have the ability to eat FOOD after you work out? If so, ditch the shake in favor of real food. I just personally don't see the need for a shake if you have access to real food.

You need to get more greens in your diet man. Greens can be fun.

Carrots or Celery w/hummus
Salads
Cucumbers, I like to soak my cucumbers in vinegar, black pepper, garlic powder, little salt. I soak overnight, nice snack for the next day
Steamed Broccoli (I drink the water that I boil any veggie in)

I love peppers. ROasted Reds especially. Put them on just about any sandwich I eat. That and onions.

Lots of garlic
Tanks for teh reminder. I need to get some hummus. How's the fridge life on that stuff anyway? Is it cool if I get a lot if I'm the only one who eats it?
Man I kill it in like a week anyways, so I don't know how long it can last
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

What's good with Muscle Milk? My gym had a rep there today, handing out free bottles. I took a Vanilla and Banana. I drank the Vanilla when I got home after my workout, wasn't bad.

They cool to have on a daily basis after my workout, or am I better off with something else?

From what I know, Muscle Milk is a casein protein which acts slowly contrary to whey which acts quickly. Muscle Milk also has a higher fat content than most other proteins.

can anyone direct me towards a good source for a variety of workout routines?

Im a lightweight btw reaaal light...could'nt gain weight no matter how much i ate.

Went to the doctors and he prescribed me pills to increase my appetite and i started drinking anabolic mass gainer and taking megaman sports vitapaks

Gained about 8 pounds in little over a month...

I benched heavy today and my 1-rep max went up by 5-pounds. Finally some progress after 3-months
pimp.gif

I never realized how important one's legs were for benching until today. As I was pushing the bar up, I could feel my hip and thigh muscles tightening up like crazy...first time I ever got that feeling. If I can increase my bench by another 30-40 pounds by the end of the year without gaining weight then I will be a happy camper.

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

I really want to start P90X. Any advice or tips I should know? Should I take any forms of supplements like whey protein and if so when during my workout?
I'm new to this all but want to try to change my ways.

I did a few sessions to get the feel. I downloaded the torrent
pimp.gif

Essentially, it's a HIRT geared towards getting ripped. Burning HIGH calories and strengthening muscle. It's a heavy workout but feels soo good after the first few weeks.
Tips... stay with the program and listen to Tony (even though his preaching is hella annoying).
I suggest taking a "recovery drink" after each workout. i.e. Optimum Nutrition Whey.

Honestly.. if you are looking for a lifestyle change P90X is really good because it's a set program designed for specific goals.

have not checked in here for a while

here is my new leg workout, any input would be good

15,10,10,15 leg extensions (130-145 max)
Super Set 4x20 walking pump lunges

15,10,10,15 one leg press (2 plates max)
Super set 4X20 walking lunges

15,10,10,10,15 Squats (max i do is 2 plates)
Super set 5x8 leg curls

15,10,10,15 sumo deadlifts (max i do is about 2 plates and quarter)
Super set 4x20 ski squats

Killed my legs last week

and here is my light week for chest (i do a different routine for on my heavy weeks)

4x 10 push ups with feet on bench and hands on the upside down half ball or forehead diamond push ups
Super set 4X10  clapping push ups

3X10 alternating D-bell flat bench (max 100)
3X12 alternating D-bell incline bench (max 100)
3X12 Alternating decline D-bell bench ( max 90-95)
Super set 3X15 push ups

4X10 incline bench (max 80)

I wanted to shed some BF% today and work on abs...

-10 mins medium intensity rowing
-3 sets of 10 wood choppers
-3 sets of 10 cable crunches
-10 mins medium intensity running (tried not to die)
-40 russain twists
-2 mins plank
-1 min side plank (each side)

Is this effective??? Advice?

dude today i did a modified version of the wednesday workout i posted a while back

couldn't finish that either

felt like i was gonna puke

maybe its cuz im on a cut and its an intense full body workout but i dunno its TOUGH

feels good though

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I wanted to shed some BF% today and work on abs...

-10 mins medium intensity rowing
-3 sets of 10 wood choppers
-3 sets of 10 cable crunches
-10 mins medium intensity running (tried not to die)
-40 russain twists
-2 mins plank
-1 min side plank (each side)

Is this effective??? Advice?
Seems okay but i would try and make it into a circuit, and increase the intensity for ur cardio
Example my abs days go

15 Hanging leg raises
Side planks 30 secs both side, regular plank 30 secs
15 weighted sit ups
30 bicycle kicks
10 bench leg raises ( u bench like normal but u keep ur legs straight and when u push the bar up, raise ur legs up and when u lower the bar, lower ur legs)
15 push ups
skip as fast as u can for 1 min
break for 2-3 mins

Then do it again, 3 sets
at the end 20 mins of cardio

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Seems okay but i would try and make it into a circuit, and increase the intensity for ur cardio
Example my abs days go

15 Hanging leg raises
15 weighted sit ups
30 bicycle kicks
10 bench leg raises ( u bench like normal but u keep ur legs straight and when u push the bar up, raise ur legs up and when u lower the bar, lower ur legs)
15 push ups
break for 2-3 mins

Then do it again, 3 sets
Are you doing one after the other instantly?
Also, what weights do you use for sit ups and bench leg raises?

Thanks for the workout, I'll be trying this Saturday morning
grin.gif

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Example my abs days go

15 Hanging leg raises
15 weighted sit ups
30 bicycle kicks
15 push ups
break for 2-3 mins

Then do it again, 3 sets
Are you doing one after the other instantly?
Also, what weights do you use for sit ups and bench leg raises?

Thanks for the workout, I'll be trying this Saturday morning
grin.gif
Yup, one after the other ( if i were u i would take a small break inbetween though, until u get use to it)

for sit ups i hold a 45 up in the air. For the bench leg raises i use a plate, but it depends on how much u feel comfortable with. I suggest putting on X weight and picking up the bar and do leg raises, once u feel comfortable then start to bench and leg raise

hope that helps

Just to make sure I am on the same page.. When you guys say planks.. you are referring to this right:

plank1.jpg

(random Google image)

What is the right way to do this? Because I have been doing planks for a while now, and can normally hold for 1-1:30 mins, and I feel that its not really helping.. I feel the most tension in my shoulders/arms.
nerd.gif

^There's also side planks. I find side planks work out the abs more than the regular one. This may just be a mind effect though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheAbove

Can any of you guys recommend me a solid stretching regiment.

I've been playing ball and over played and now I can't hit a jumpshot in combination with my workouts.

I'm sore as I eat straight peanut butter. Haha.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

From what I know, Muscle Milk is a casein protein which acts slowly contrary to whey which acts quickly. Muscle Milk also has a higher fat content than most other proteins.
def one of the more fatty ones but instead id go with Monster Milk or amplified mass XXX...personally ive used muscle and XXX, my XXX experience far outweighs my muscles milk days

Originally Posted by acekilla408

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

def one of the more fatty ones but instead id go with Monster Milk or amplified mass XXX...personally ive used muscle and XXX, my XXX experience far outweighs my muscles milk days
One thing I've noticed about Muscle Milk is the high concentration of cholesterol.  It's all hype IMO.  They sell them at Costco too FYI...if you wanna stack up.

Back
Top Bottom