Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Is working out chest with sore triceps a really big no-no?

I really wanted to hit the gym today...

Ineffective if anything. Triceps are the secondary muscles in most chest exercises therefore if their output is reduced so is your chest output.
I schedule Chest day before Tricep day, personally.

As far as targeting lower abdominal, no only must you reduce BF% to have "definition", but you must realize the abdominal is a single muscle group. By increasing the overall size of the unit muscle AND reducing BF%, you can see them better. Hence no targeting involved

Can anybody school me on ON Whey Protein?

I'm actually leaning towards picking some up on Mon (Vanilla Ice Cream) on Mon

Should I take it before/after workout? How often? Recipes? Are there actually any side effects?

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Should I take it before/after workout? How often? Recipes? Are there actually any side effects?

What's the best website to buy from?

I'll help out but I'm no scientist.

The body needs protein for recovery 24 hours a day.
I suggest taking a shake
1) in the morning (with frozen fruit for your daily intake) (also great breakfast for on the go)
2) after your workout (no later than 30-45 mins POST workout)
3) before you go to sleep (depending on the time release of the product, you may even want to take it during the night if you are dedicated). Your body recovers even when you sleep.

In general, you should not exceed 1 GRAM of protein for each LBS of body weight per day
i.e. 200lbs man should no exceed 200g of protein/24hr

Side effects may include (depending on user) bubble guts, increased muscle mass, and strength gains
laugh.gif

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

any other workout that helps develop your lower chest and the armpit/triceps area? all i know is decline bench/barbell, and skull crusher...

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

any other workout that helps develop your lower chest and the armpit/triceps area? all i know is decline bench/barbell, and skull crusher...
I'm pretty sure you don't want to work on your lower chest, but you're right decline chest exercises.

For the armpit area of the chest, flys.  I personally prefer the machines.

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

for chest try dumbbell fly/ cable flys. 
for tris you can do a bunch of different cable routines, close grip bench (which well help with your chest) over head extensions, kick backs, push ups. 

me personally i stay away from the skull crushers. too hard on the elbow. negitives out weight the positive on that one IMO

hope this helps

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

I bought from VitamemShoppe.. cheapest price I have seen besides FitRx.

They have it for $41.. and you get free shipping.. The free shipping says 3-10 business days but I got mine in 2 days.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

I'll help out but I'm no scientist.

The body needs protein for recovery 24 hours a day.
I suggest taking a shake
1) in the morning (with frozen fruit for your daily intake) (also great breakfast for on the go)
2) after your workout (no later than 30-45 mins POST workout)
3) before you go to sleep (depending on the time release of the product, you may even want to take it during the night if you are dedicated). Your body recovers even when you sleep.

In general, you should not exceed 1 GRAM of protein for each LBS of body weight per day
i.e. 200lbs man should no exceed 200g of protein/24hr

Side effects may include (depending on user) bubble guts, increased muscle mass, and strength gains
laugh.gif

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
3 shakes is a LOT.

Its less than the 1 gram of pound of body weight as well.  Its per kg, not pound.

The basic idea of protein is correct, but protein from actual food is always going to be superior than protein supplements.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

I bought from VitamemShoppe.. cheapest price I have seen besides FitRx.

They have it for $41.. and you get free shipping.. The free shipping says 3-10 business days but I got mine in 2 days.
pimp.gif

Amazon's prices aren't too bad either.  $41 for a 5lb tub/$21 for a 2lb

can anyone recommend me a good protein powder? Im currently doing p90x. Trying to lose my gut and gain muscle everywhere else. My arms and legs are toothpicks. Seems whatever fat i gain goes straight to my gut. Should i do it post workout? How many a day? can i use it as a meal supplement?

Originally Posted by DubA169

can anyone recommend me a good protein powder? Im currently doing p90x. Trying to lose my gut and gain muscle everywhere else. My arms and legs are toothpicks. Seems whatever fat i gain goes straight to my gut. Should i do it post workout? How many a day? can i use it as a meal supplement?
Optimum Nutrition Whey is the basic.  The rule of thumb is 1 gram of protein per KG of body weight per day.

You want a shake ASAP after a workout.

It's not a meal replacement, but I occasionally take smaller shakes and combine them with salads or fruits or whatever it is i'm eating if my meal is gonna be low on protein.

Back
Top Bottom