Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

damn, ya'll really take this %$@! seriously. i can never maintain a healthy diet and exercise and all that %$@!. i can't hold my temptations with food. fml

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Does anyone recommend fat burners? Ive been eating right about 5-6 times a day and lifting/cardio 3-4 days a week but I believe my metabolism is really slow.

What are some good ephedra free fat burners? Animal Cuts?

Go back a few pages.

We had a discussion on fat burners.

From what you described, dont try a fat burner.

Originally Posted by andycrazn

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

just about done rehabbing from a torn wrist ligament, time to start lifting again. it's gonna be pretty embarassing for a while, gotta go in the morning when there's not a lot of ppl around watchin me bench 35
thats nothing. a girl saw me bench press with 5 pounds on each side and when i was done, i knocked my head on the bar when i was trying to get up. the only time i find a white girl attractive stuff happens
laugh.gif
, Stuff like that still happens to me, but it's even worse in my case cuz I workout at my college and I see the same people on campus 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Meangene4

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Leaving my mark in this thread. So far I've been in the gym for 2 weeks. I'm on a cutting diet, between 1500-1800 calories a day. Gym 4x a week, basketball after each day. I'm trying to get down to 160 by March and the first week of July have my ideal body. I'm going to take pictures month to month.

January 18th 190 LBS. 20% Body Fat 5'7"
January 26th 188 LBS.

thats way to low on the cals. are you a girl?

why is it too low on the cals if "he" is tryna lose weight? Correct me if Im wrong but he needs to eat around that many calories to see weight loss

If he wasnt exercising.  Hes exercising often so it is low. 

right. he's going to lose a lot of muscle. your body is going to go in starvation mode and store fat so your going to be skinny fat. I think that might even be low for a girl. if your a girl idk you may be fine. but if your a guy then eat more and you will lean out.  

i duno about that... there's this guy on bodybuilding.com who's inspired other members who I think are gettin results like him which is eating only 800 calories a day mostly protein its called PSMF (Protein Sparing Modified Fast) He did it for two weeks initially and noticed no loss of muscle but did notice more "definition"/less fat. Now he's doing it again for who knows how long along with other BB.com members.
heres a link to the thread:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121060001&highlight=PSMF

Man, I need motivation to go to the gym. I let myself go
smh.gif
. I'm just embarrassed about going to the gym though, IDK why. My excuse is that the place doesn't have showers but I don't know that for a fact. (The gym on my campus). I can't afford to join any gym. I am definitely feeling the effects of my unhealthy lifestyle.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I dont see a point in benching 45 pounds unless you're a beginner or you're recovering from an injury
laugh.gif
my arm is still broken but i cant wait so i just started going on the bench. if i put 10s on each side i use more of my right side with pain on my left side. i still dont get how my bone hasnt fully healed yet and its been 6+ months

My 7 month's progress so far....

At the beginning:
9019_146830555403_520070403_3122107_3247993_n.jpg

Yeah, I know...not too happy looking.

Now:
20334_277880805403_520070403_3839148_4549470_n.jpg

*Hogan* OOOOH YEEEEEAAHHHHHH

20334_277880820403_520070403_3839149_4147921_n.jpg

FYI I'm really  not tryna show off, just trying to convey to some of y'all what consistency and perseverance can get you.

Now if I can only go more than 2-3 days without having my "cheat days"
frown.gif
. Parent's raised one of the biggest foodies ever...can't imagine the results I'd have if I kept my diet as consistent as my routine.

Is it weird to be at the same weight from a month ago but the jeans you couldnt rock before you can now and the shirts that felt tight seem just right?

its weird.

Is it weird to be at the same weight from a month ago but the jeans you couldnt rock before you can now and the shirts that felt tight seem just right?

its weird.

I need to work on dieting, I'm not fat, Got done with Basic training like 3 months ago and haven't been very active since.

Where can I get some good information on a good diet?

its weird.

You're toning and losing fat. 

Leaving my mark in this thread. So far I've been in the gym for 2 weeks. I'm on a cutting diet, between 1500-1800 calories a day. Gym 4x a week, basketball after each day. I'm trying to get down to 160 by March and the first week of July have my ideal body. I'm going to take pictures month to month.

January 26th 188 LBS.

why is it too low on the cals if "he" is tryna lose weight? Correct me if Im wrong but he needs to eat around that many calories to see weight loss

WTH?  I'm confused now, I'm cutting right now from a bulk and you're telling me to eat more?  I eat every 2-3 hours and don't skip any meals, cheat meal is on Saturdays.  So you're telling me to eat my maintenance calories for my weight?  I'm trying to lose the gut. 

Originally Posted by gatorad3

January 26th 188 LBS.

right. he's going to lose a lot of muscle. your body is going to go in starvation mode and store fat so your going to be skinny fat. I think that might even be low for a girl. if your a girl idk you may be fine. but if your a guy then eat more and you will lean out.  

i duno about that... there's this guy on bodybuilding.com who's inspired other members who I think are gettin results like him which is eating only 800 calories a day mostly protein its called PSMF (Protein Sparing Modified Fast) He did it for two weeks initially and noticed no loss of muscle but did notice more "definition"/less fat. Now he's doing it again for who knows how long along with other BB.com members.
That diet goes against almost every rule of proper nutrition.

That could be the most unhealthy way to lose weight ive ever heard.

January 26th 188 LBS.

WTH?  I'm confused now, I'm cutting right now from a bulk and you're telling me to eat more?  I eat every 2-3 hours and don't skip any meals, cheat meal is on Saturdays.  So you're telling me to eat my maintenance calories for my weight?  I'm trying to lose the gut. 
How tall are you and how much do you weigh right now?

How can you build anything on 800 calories??
ohwell.gif

i dont even need to read that +%+@ to know its off.

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

So you've actually loaded a bar with 5 plates plus a 2.5 on each side of the bar?
yep, exactly that.  ill try to do it again sometime next week and provide video, if its that unbelievable.

and i have a question about the treadmill.  how long on average should you be on the mill' o receive a respectable workout?  how long you guys usually stay on it?  how high is the incline you guys use? (im talking about running on a normal speed as well, like jogging)

well if anything does go wrong he'll bring it up. And yeah that diet is pretty crazy i mean is crazy. I couldn't do it. But that dude looks like he's in great shape tho

well if anything does go wrong he'll bring it up. And yeah that diet is pretty crazy i mean is crazy. I couldn't do it. But that dude looks like he's in great shape tho

Yeah he might look like hes in good shape but that doesnt mean his body isnt in awful condition.

It literally goes against almost every rule of nutrition.

January 26th 188 LBS.

I've heard of PSMF's before. They do work, but that doesn't mean that everyone should do it. I couldn't see myself doing one, but it certainly does work. Your body has stored nutrients and energy in body fat, so you'd basically only need the protein to continue muscle maintenance. Of course I would be concerned about gluconeogenesis happening during this. Of course, that's just an educated guess from me.
I remember hearing about one study where there was a large group of people that all started out not lean at all. They were all fed about 600 calories a day with more carbs and protein than fat. Unhealthy right? At the end of the study, they found that significant muscle loss did not occur in males until they reached the 4-5% body fat mark. That's the leanest that anyone can maintain and survive with. Of course one study is not enough to change everyone's mind, but it is certainly proof that it CAN work.

I don't buy into the whole muscle loss theory because as long as you are consistently exercising, your muscle mass won't decrease.

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
J Dilla Himself wrote:

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

So you've actually loaded a bar with 5 plates plus a 2.5 on each side of the bar?
yep, exactly that.  ill try to do it again sometime next week and provide video, if its that unbelievable.

and i have a question about the treadmill.  how long on average should you be on the mill' o receive a respectable workout?  how long you guys usually stay on it?  how high is the incline you guys use? (im talking about running on a normal speed as well, like jogging)

It's just different to me because I'd never think to try to lift to such perfect round numbers.  I guess everybody has their own goals.  I work to get stronger on big lifts so I can use heavier weight in my normal rep ranges, so I wouldn't think "I'm gonna do 5 plates, but that's 495, so let me make it an even 500..." but I know some guys at my gym who powerlift and they're always using a strange mix of plates to hit a specific percentage of their 1RM.

As far as on the treadmill, if you're trying to bring your bodyfat down, you should be doing at least 20 minutes, but preferrably 30-45 minutes to see results.  If you're trying to lose bodyfat though, you should be in a slight caloric deficit, which means you shouldn't be deadlifting 500lbs! 
tongue.gif

Does anyone include this shoulder exercise in their routine? This past week I've seen 4 different people at the gym do it which is strange because I've never seen this exercise done before. I might give it a try next week...

Back
Top Bottom