Stay/Get Back In Shape.... Vol 2.0

Can anyone recommend me a good lower abs workout?.. trying to get rid of this beer belly of mine
laugh.gif

my 10lbs of dymatize whey came in....got it for $50
smokin.gif

was going to post it but I figured everyone here cashed in on that ON whey

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by Meangene4

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Originally Posted by humpasaurus rex

Leaving my mark in this thread. So far I've been in the gym for 2 weeks. I'm on a cutting diet, between 1500-1800 calories a day. Gym 4x a week, basketball after each day. I'm trying to get down to 160 by March and the first week of July have my ideal body. I'm going to take pictures month to month.

January 18th 190 LBS. 20% Body Fat 5'7"
January 26th 188 LBS.

thats way to low on the cals. are you a girl?

why is it too low on the cals if "he" is tryna lose weight? Correct me if Im wrong but he needs to eat around that many calories to see weight loss

If he wasnt exercising.  Hes exercising often so it is low. 

right. he's going to lose a lot of muscle. your body is going to go in starvation mode and store fat so your going to be skinny fat. I think that might even be low for a girl. if your a girl idk you may be fine. but if your a guy then eat more and you will lean out.  

i duno about that... there's this guy on bodybuilding.com who's inspired other members who I think are gettin results like him which is eating only 800 calories a day mostly protein its called PSMF (Protein Sparing Modified Fast) He did it for two weeks initially and noticed no loss of muscle but did notice more "definition"/less fat. Now he's doing it again for who knows how long along with other BB.com members.
heres a link to the thread:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121060001&highlight=PSMF
That diet goes against almost every rule of proper nutrition.

That could be the most unhealthy way to lose weight ive ever heard.
Can you elaborate more?  My goal is to basically cut down my weight and then add on the muscle.  So it's bad to take in a lower amount of calories to lose weight, while working out?  I want to get down to 160 pounds and then increase my caloric intake from there to gain muscle.  What do I do?

Goldmember wrote:
Can anyone recommend me a good lower abs workout?.. trying to get rid of this beer belly of mine
laugh.gif

your going to have to lose weight you cant spot reduce. With proper nutrition  the belly will melt away.  its 80% diet 20% working out.
too lazy to find original post

but do leg raises

do hanging leg raises to impress the girls though
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Derek916

Goldmember wrote:
laugh.gif

your going to have to lose weight you cant spot reduce. With proper nutrition  the belly will melt away.  its 80% diet 20% working out.

but do leg raises

nerd.gif

Thanks!.. yea i know its going to start with my diet.. just wanna know some exercise to go with it..

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by Derek916

Goldmember wrote:
laugh.gif

your going to have to lose weight you cant spot reduce. With proper nutrition  the belly will melt away. its 80% diet 20% working out.

but do leg raises

nerd.gif
Thanks!.. yea i know its going to start with my diet.. just wanna know some exercise to go with it..

Double Leg Lifts: Lie down on your back, with your hands placed under your butt, with the palms facing the floor. Then, contracting your lower abdominal muscles, and tightening the muscles of your legs, lift them straight up vertically, and hold them there for a few seconds. Then lower them down until they are a few inches off the floor, and hold it there again for a few seconds.

Or Floor Wipers (word to 300):

http://www.youtube.com/v/LlG0W__QrVk&fs=1&source=uds&autoplay=0http://www.youtube.com/v/LlG0W__QrVk&fs=1&source=uds&autoplay=0

November 2009: 150 Lbs.
As of January 30:175 Lbs

all good weight of course but i needa bulk just another 5 LBS...wanna be at tip top condition going to the Nike Combine in a few months, wish me luck

floor wipers gotta be the hardest part of 300
smh.gif

apart from the last 25 pull ups of course.....

Whats this "300" i hear?

Just had my first ON Whey Shake..

Do you guys recommend drinking them before or after workout?

besides doing floor wipers what wud be another ab excercise i can substitute in there instead...

i tried doing those and im just not that flexible

Originally Posted by youngmoney

besides doing floor wipers what wud be another ab excercise i can substitute in there instead...

i tried doing those and im just not that flexible

bicycle kicks
planks

when i work out my abs

i do  6 sets
each set is
25 second planks
20 sit ups

than i go outside and do 3 sets of leg raises

planks though are something you gotta build your body up too I started out at 20 seconds...

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

So you've actually loaded a bar with 5 plates plus a 2.5 on each side of the bar?
yep, exactly that.  ill try to do it again sometime next week and provide video, if its that unbelievable.

and i have a question about the treadmill.  how long on average should you be on the mill' o receive a respectable workout?  how long you guys usually stay on it?  how high is the incline you guys use? (im talking about running on a normal speed as well, like jogging)
i'm in the gym for around 2 hours every trip and i spend around 45 minutes on the treadmill. yesterday, i used a 7.0 incline and it was a little bit more challenging than usual but next time i think i'll up that to around 10 to really get a tough workout.

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Leaving my mark in this thread. So far I've been in the gym for 2 weeks. I'm on a cutting diet, between 1500-1800 calories a day. Gym 4x a week, basketball after each day. I'm trying to get down to 160 by March and the first week of July have my ideal body. I'm going to take pictures month to month.

January 18th 190 LBS. 20% Body Fat 5'7"
January 26th 188 LBS.

thats way to low on the cals. are you a girl?

why is it too low on the cals if "he" is tryna lose weight? Correct me if Im wrong but he needs to eat around that many calories to see weight loss

If he wasnt exercising.  Hes exercising often so it is low. 

right. he's going to lose a lot of muscle. your body is going to go in starvation mode and store fat so your going to be skinny fat. I think that might even be low for a girl. if your a girl idk you may be fine. but if your a guy then eat more and you will lean out.  

i duno about that... there's this guy on bodybuilding.com who's inspired other members who I think are gettin results like him which is eating only 800 calories a day mostly protein its called PSMF (Protein Sparing Modified Fast) He did it for two weeks initially and noticed no loss of muscle but did notice more "definition"/less fat. Now he's doing it again for who knows how long along with other BB.com members.
heres a link to the thread:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121060001&highlight=PSMF
That diet goes against almost every rule of proper nutrition.

That could be the most unhealthy way to lose weight ive ever heard.
Can you elaborate more?  My goal is to basically cut down my weight and then add on the muscle.  So it's bad to take in a lower amount of calories to lose weight, while working out?  I want to get down to 160 pounds and then increase my caloric intake from there to gain muscle.  What do I do?

What do you want me to elaborate on?  Its not necessarily a bad thing to take in a lower amount of calories to lose weight whole working out, but 800 is VERY low.

So you want to cut then bulk?

When you calculate your cut/bulk caloric intake make sure you take into consideration your exercising frequency. Usually if your in a caloric surplus, you won't see many gains in your lifts, you may also feel more fatigued etc..

Durden probably can elborate more on it.

Dudes on BB.com are extra PARANOID about losing muscle on a cut.

I've found that if you keep protein high, keep your carbs around your workout and you lift regularly, you wont lose much or any strength/muscle.

Back
Top Bottom