Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Watched it in 70mm IMAX goodness last week. I plan on watching it again in a regular cinema. This movie is the one. I was surprise no screen scroll in the beginning and right then and there I knew this one was gonna be the movie that breaks down the Lucas walls. I'm glad they still applied a many deaths in the film. Some trooper deaths were pretty vivid. They also broke down those family-safe walls and just made an overall enjoyable film. I was glad I captured many Easter eggs the first time. And I love that this is a movie we know that the bad guys are gonna win. So essentially it breaks the conventional Hollywood story of the good guys finish last. The good guys finish last, but it'll take a couple movies.

And that's why this movie is unique and up there with esb and rotj. You got all these characters who ain't come from a perfect/ clean background. And they all go balls to the wall til they die. And the movie ends with the bad guys having the upper hand. But ultimately there's the dramatic irony.

I guess we're gonna get more on Saw in Rebels. I'm weeks behind on it and need to catch up.

Last edited:
Was just thinking about how I It was a such genius move for George to sell Star Wars to Disney. Not only did he get 2 billion in cash, but he got also enough stock in Disney to become Disney's biggest living shareholder so he will forever profit.

random and non RO related. do you guys recommend watching the Clone Wars animated series? just came across it on Netflix. or is it geared for little kids?

Someone just asked this yesterday so I'll just paste my reply.

So, I saw The Clone Wars is on Netflix. Is this worth a watch? I'm not a hardcore fan, but I enjoy watching the movies. Review? Advice?

This below has the best arcs and a brief synopsis for you to read to see if you'll like it. They'll even tell you the order t o watch them in since they do tend to jump around in the timeline. And best of all, it'll help you skip past all the one off/political/filler episodes some of the seasons are filled with.

https://storypunchpodcast.com/2014/02/27/top-15-arcs-of-star-wars-the-clone-wars/

My three personal favorite arcs are the Darth Maul Returns (#2) , Darkness on Umbara (#1), and Domino Squad (#13). I highly recommend those.

this is interesting as hell. had no idea is was structured this way. thanks for the info :pimp:

The story arc breakdown is awesome. This is a great resource.

The story arc breakdown is awesome. This is a great resource.

for sure. also found it cool how they provide a chronological order (which at first glance does still work with the arcs). so i'll probably watch them in that order and pay attention to each of the arcs.

palpatine was a beast. makes you wonder how he lost to mace
But did he really lose? Or did he just want Mace and Anakin to think he lost, to force Anakin to "save" him... 
nerd.gif

Good stuff in here (GL liked R1, Ben Mendelsohn on his scene with Darth Vader, and K2's actor):

http://io9.gizmodo.com/george-lucas-likes-rogue-one-more-than-force-awakens-a-1789694908

Also, a nice hint about the tone of the Han Solo spinoff:

"This moves closer to a heist or Western type feel. We’ve talked about [Frederic] Remington and those primary colors that are used in his paintings defining the look and feel of the film."

http://io9.gizmodo.com/no-the-x-men-wont-be-appearing-in-a-marvel-movie-any-t-1789283126

Last edited:
Mace would have won due to his mastery over form VII. It took the dark side and flipped it against the user...like a battery or something. Sidious had the foresight to know that Anakin would act on his feelings. The book is way better than the movie.

Watched it again, and I wish Donnie Yen had more involvement. His scenes were all great. The scene jumping in the beginning is still a problem for me but overall it was still great.

Question. Did the codenames that Jyn name have any significance? Are they like easter eggs or nothing?

Last edited:

So how do you feel about the upcoming Han Solo film? 

Hopeful. I really want to see him in the Imperial Navy, saving Chewie to show how they meet, I'm hyped for the Sabacc game with Lando for the Falcon, and I hope we get some smuggling in, and if we're lucky, maybe a battle with Fett to show the start of their rivalry.

And of course, they'll probably add some new things to the mix.

Watched it again, and I wish Donnie Yen had more involvement. His scenes were all great. The scene jumping in the beginning is still a problem for me but overall it was still great.

Question. Did the codenames that Jyn name have any significance? Are they like easter eggs or nothing?

For those who read Catalyst the code names she mentioned are cool easter eggs.

Catalyst Spoilers
Project Celestial Power was the project code Krennic used to finally convince (manipulate) Galen into contributing his research to complete the Death Star. Some of the code phrases mentioned by Jyn; Stellar Sphere, Pax Aurora, Mark Omega, are subsidiary projects under the Celestial Power umbrella.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom