Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
might see today i gotta ask since its a disney movie. are there any end credit scenes?
nerd.gif

Last edited:
What if... Ren kills Snoke and Rey turns and they are the new Master/Apprentice and it all falls on Finn to save the galaxy?

I'm all for this for Troll reasons. BoycottStarWars would be at an all time high

View media item 2270211

The galaxy is screwed :lol: That's like if all the Avengers save Hawkeye are taken down fighting Thanos.

Last edited:
So is Vaders castle on the planet where he got folded by Obi?

Mustafar, yes.

And now, this theory has been confirmed. According to The Art of Rogue One book, (via Slashfilm), the film’s original screenwriter Gary Whitta says, “The fact that he has chosen to build his mausoleum here [on Mustafar] is a nod to the conflict in him — that he would go back to this place to reflect on what happened to the man he once was. At the same time, it’s also terrifying, and when he emerges with all of his armor, he’s Darth Vader.”

The idea that Vader’s castle is on Mustafar has been hinted at in various pieces of canon material over the past couple of years, it seems. In the novel Star Wars: Aftermath, X-Wing pilot Wedge Antilles mentioned an Imperial installation on Mustafar where Vader took surviving Jedi and tortured them for information. Turns out, that installation was his own home. Lucasfilm’s Pablo Hidalgo also confirmed via Twitter that the season one finale of Star Wars: Rebels hinted at Mustafar as being Vader’s home base; in the episode, Hera mentions that Jedi Knight Kanan Jarrus told her that world is “where Jedi go to die.”

Pablo Hidalgo’s book Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide also suggests Vader lives there due to Palpatine’s command, mentioning that “it is the Emperor’s design that Vader lives in such an unforgiving environment.” It would also fit the Emperor’s usual Sith M.O. to have Vader perpetually bask in a reminder of his own ultimate failure.

Will we see this cool new location again? Rumors suggest that we could see it in Episode VIII. It would make sense that Kylo Ren, with his fetish for all things related to good ol’ grandpa, might live there himself. And it’s doubtful that we’ve seen the last of Darth Vader on Rebels either—the castle on Mustafar might turn up there as well. One thing seems to be certain, though: Rogue One isn’t the last time we’ll see this cool new location appear.

Place where Jedi go to die? :nerd: Need this in a movie, STAT.

that reveal was perfect too, when the camera focused on Krennic and Vaders shadow appeared on the wall in back of him :wow:

Last edited:
dolby cinema better than standard right? idk if there imax non 3d locally smh

"Dolby Cinema is a premium cinema concept created by Dolby Laboratories that combines Dolby proprietary technologies such as Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, signature entrance and intrinsic design features. The technology is expected to compete with other formats such as IMAX and exhibitors own premium large format packages."

sounds like it should be.

dolby cinema better than standard right? idk if there imax non 3d locally smh

Dolby cinema is the way to go for rogue one imo. Saw it with my homie earlier and he said he can't imagine watching movies in any other format after seeing Dolby :lol:

Basically if the movie isn't shot in 3d like Gravity/Avatar or shot with Imax cameras like Interstellar then Imax can miss me. Imax 70mm 2d is another story though, but there aren't anymore in the Bay :frown:

saw it. it was ok.

the regular star wars music and direction were sorely missed

poor guy didnt even get to smash jyn

kind of reminded me of batman vs superman in that it was a bit too dark

leia looked creepy as hell lol

Back
Top Bottom