Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(Old) Rumor has it the opening scene of Episode 8 will feature the Knights fighting Luke while Kylo has a rematch versus Rey...
they hyped up Kylo Ren so much in the trailers only for him to be a whiny emo weakling :lol: the only impressive scene with him was him freezing the blaster fire. I liked TFA but I have zero interest in his background now

Last edited:
(Old) Rumor has it the opening scene of Episode 8 will feature the Knights fighting Luke while Kylo has a rematch versus Rey...
they hyped up Kylo Ren so much in the trailers only for him to be a whiny emo weakling :lol: the only impressive scene with him was him freezing the blaster fire. I liked TFA but I have zero interest in his background now

While I get your criticism, this is all part of a bigger story arc for him. Remember, we're only one movie into this new trilogy with him. And it's not like he's a "one and done" character.

These two years we wait in between Ep. VII and VIII will be nothing but a memory once he gets more backstory in Ep. VIII and IX, I'm sure.

While I get your criticism, this is all part of a bigger story arc for him. Remember, we're only one movie into this new trilogy with him. And it's not like he's a "one and done" character.

These two years we wait in between Ep. VII and VIII will be nothing but a memory once he gets more backstory in Ep. VIII and IX, I'm sure.

Exactly.

after avoiding 100% of the hype, theories, this thread, etc etc since this movie was announced, i finally saw RO tonight. i want to see it again before placing/ranking it. but my immediate reaction is that it was tremendous. i loved the feel of it. it didn't feel at all gimmicky and full of filler like the prequels (for the record, i like the prequels. but they just don't come close to holdiing their weight versus the OT for me). and i know they were going for that, but i just loved actually getting that from watching it. it reminded me nothing of the prequels and walking out i just wanted to go and watch ANH again. i can't wait to see it again and probably will go tomorrow alone to watch. and vader's scene at the end where he's mowing down rebels just makes me want a Vader movie where he is going HAM and taking out Jedi.

i'll need to go back in this thread and see y'all thoughts. i'm sure i'll pick up on stuff i missed and need to keep an eye out for when i go back and watch.

Just saw RO and :wow:

I honestly have to say this was great and for me it's in my top 5 out of all of the Star Wars movies put out so far.

My friend said he was going to see Assassin's Creed over Rogue One :stoneface:

He's since been deleted from my contacts.

That's a crazy guy. Although I do wanna see AC too :nerd:

Also, for anybody that cares. Here's a replica of the Official Kylo Ren Helmet with the Black Series one. Looks-wise, I was very impressed with how close it actually is to the real one.

View media item 2270122
Here's the link to my album.

He better wash dry and fold that broad up this time.

Thats the only thing that I hate about TFA.

How did he lose to her?

I swear she didn't start winning until she started channeling the force. And realistically, I think that was Kylo's first (real) fight against another "force user".

:rofl: :lol:

That should be the twist in ep VIII. Rey joins the dark side. Call it Return of the Sith.

I remember posting that back when TFA dropped that Rey should go Darkside and Ben would go Jedi.

jaypesoz jaypesoz

Is that the ANOVOS helmet or another one.

Yezzir!

That should be the twist in ep VIII. Rey joins the dark side. Call it Return of the Sith.

I remember posting that back when TFA dropped that Rey should go Darkside and Ben would go Jedi.

I'm not entirely against that and I can already hear people complaining, "it was so obvious" if it does happen :lol:

With that said, the dude killed Han Solo. If that isn't the birth of a great cinema villain, I don't know what will be.

Anakin just redeemed himself in the trilogy before, and it just doesn't make sense to me as to why they would re-do the same exact thing in the trilogy following that.

I get why they did TFA the way they did it, but the more I watch it the more I dislike it. Too much of a rehashing. Hopefully episode 8 is full speed ahead.

I need Kylo to....

A. Stay on the darkside

B. Keep his helmet on
QFT
flawless execution 
laugh.gif

funny sketch, btw

That vid of the kid turning to the Darkside always makes me LOL.  #TeamEmpire 

Last edited:
jaypesoz jaypesoz

Is that the ANOVOS helmet or another one.

Yezzir!

I'm not entirely against that and I can already hear people complaining, "it was so obvious" if it does happen :lol:

With that said, the dude killed Han Solo. If that isn't the birth of a great cinema villain, I don't know what will be.

Anakin just redeemed himself in the trilogy before, and it just doesn't make sense to me as to why they would re-do the same exact thing in the trilogy following that.

What if... Ren kills Snoke and Rey turns and they are the new Master/Apprentice and it all falls on Finn to save the galaxy?

I'm all for this for Troll reasons. BoycottStarWars would be at an all time high

View media item 2270211

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom