Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I saw Episode 4-6 before I saw Episode 1-3 and I don't mind the prequals. I don't know if I feel TFA is "better" than them. I personally like R1 better. I thought Kylo Ren was cool, but I didn't like how the chick learned the force in like 5 minutes. That's just me, and we are allowed to have different opinions.

Have any of you guys watched the video on YouTube or read the article about a possible "Darth" Jar Jar?
Probably an old topic, just curious about what people think.

Last edited:
I grew up with the original films as a child back when A New Hope was just called "Star Wars" and I remember reading in Entertainment Weekly in 1995 about new Star Wars films being in the works for 1999, 2002 and 2005.

I saw Episode 4-6 before I saw Episode 1-3 and I don't mind the prequals. I don't know if I feel TFA is "better" than them. I personally like R1 better. I thought Kylo Ren was cool, but I didn't like how the chick learned the force in like 5 minutes. That's just me, and we are allowed to have different opinions.

Have any of you guys watched the video on YouTube or read the article about a possible "Darth" Jar Jar?
Probably an old topic, just curious about what people think.

Love the Darth Jar Jar theory. I consider it canon.

Random, but I was happy as hell when I heard James Earl Jones' voice during Rogue One. I wasn't aware that he'd agreed to return for the film, so it was a shock to me. Don't think i'll ever be satisfied with anyone else voicing Vader.

Last edited:
Im interested in this darksaber
View media item 2269344
We saw it in clone wars when maul had it on mandalor now Sabine has it in rebels but it's also in Galen erso's plans in rouge one it keeps popping up and we're getting a whole episode on It in rebels I wonder if it's gonna play into more stuff..

"I'll try spinning, that's a good trick!"

mean.gif

Random, but I was happy as hell when I heard James Earl Jones' voice during Rogue One. I wasn't aware that he'd agreed to return for the film, so it was a shock to me. Don't think i'll ever be satisfied with anyone else voicing Vader.
Same. That was a nice surprise.

This type of patronizing statement is completely unnecessary.

:lol: considering the fact that I didn't grow up with the prequels I knew C CP1708 hate for the prequels would cause him to spew vitriol toward anyone's way

:lol: isn't even vitriol tho, it was me mocking yesterday's claim that those who grew up with the prequels will someday like those films better than the OG's. It was a joke that went over Jay's head apparently.

My least favorite character in the movie but it looks like Ghost Dog will voice him in the show, which is pretty cool.

Last edited:
The opening of Episode 3 with the battle over coruscant is one of the greatest moments in the whole franchise. The movie literally after the opening crawl puts you in the middle of a war amongst the stars.

Prequel hate is understandable yet unwarranted for the most part.

Yeah, no.

You grew up with the prequels, so apparently that waters down your understanding of good films. Not your fault.

The opening battle in 3 is indeed good. One of the best in the franchise? Not even top 10. Maybe top 20.

Read thru some of the dialogue in that film again. Really, read thru it....Not unwarranted at all. Should be even more hate about it honestly.

*Note, the Sith Novel is actually quite a bit better. More in depth dialogue between Anakin/Palpatine. I enjoyed the film compared to I-II, but the book was better overall.

This type of patronizing statement is completely unnecessary.
Yeah its pretty ridiculous.

Doesn't make sense either. There's a bunch of movies I grew up with I knew were trash, there's other stuff I like for nostalgic reasons.

The gap between the OG and prequels isn't as big as obsessed super invested fans try to make it to be.

I always assumed Hayden's delivery of his lines was to emulate the dramatic tone JEJ spoke with when voicing Vader. Essentially showing why Vader speaks with such a "shakesperean" tone
Eh, if anything there should be stark differences between Anakin's personality and Vader's. Just signs of his change to make way for the transformation.

As for his speech style/patterns, just blame it on a lava burnt voicebox and mental instability.

Last edited:
I feel like there's room for an episode 0 so to say. I felt so out of the loop getting into these movies

I feel like there's room for an episode 0 so to say. I felt so out of the loop getting into these movies

Please elaborate. Not sure how you can get more "Episode 0" than Rogue One :lol:

Like you wanna see Luke graduate Tattooine High School and work on Uncle Owen's farm?

Last edited:
Please elaborate. Not sure how you can get more "Episode 0" than Rogue One :lol:

Like you wanna see Luke graduate Tattooine High School and work on Uncle Owen's farm?

Rogue one is pretty much a bridge between the prequels and og trilogy as far as I understand. But even after watching episode 1 and all that when i did, it just feels there could be a better introduction to the world. The prequels give an intro to the conflict but I'd prefer to see an intro to the world and stuff ike that. I know og fans probably wouldn't enjoy it tho.

Last edited:

Rogue one is pretty much a bridge between the prequels and og trilogy as far as I understand. But even after watching episode 1 and all that when i did, it just feels there could be a better introduction to the world. The prequels give an intro to the conflict but I'd prefer to see an intro to the world and stuff ike that. I know og fans probably wouldn't enjoy it tho.

Nah, I get what you're saying. And I agree it probably wouldn't go over too well with a majority just because a lot of people had a disdain for anything PT.

A KOTOR movie would definitely would definitely be a welcomed movie though.

Knights of the old republic :pimp:

Yep. Knights of the Old Republic is pretty much the perfect candidate for that type of thing. Or Star Wars Tales of the Jedi (Series of comics that are about exactly what the title says). Either one could easily make up multiple films. Plan it out properly though and you could probably condense it into one, if you really felt the need to. Would be best if you weren't afraid of making it 3 hours though, allowing the production team to truly delve into the history of the Jedi and the Sith, featuring the Republic of course.

You could also do an animated series based around that concept too.

Last edited:

It's not really a bridge tho.

3 to 4 gap is 18ish years.
Rogue takes place quite literally the days before 4. So it's not really filling anything in for 17-18 years, other than them showing Galen getting taken away from his family.

I always liked how every star wars movie threw you right in the middle of a different mission the crawl text is all you need really

I want a featuretee on the Knights of Ren.
(Old) Rumor has it the opening scene of Episode 8 will feature the Knights fighting Luke while Kylo has a rematch versus Rey...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom