Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know. The final part......sealed the movie for me. While I would love to have seen more Vader action, I feel like I saw some and I'm happy but I'm still wanting more. Proabbly how it was supposed to be I guess. I told my girlfriend I wantvti we wit again just for that final scene.

Went to watch it again today. This time brought my Dad along. Felt like it was only right since he put me onto the Star Wars VHS tapes when I was kid. He loved it lol

For as badass as Vader was, am I crazy for thinking they could have done more?

Asking y'all since I just stick to the movies.. and I've watched some of clone wars

You're not crazy at all, it would have been awesome had they done more, but I think the reason they didn't was because this wasn't his movie, he wasn't supposed to be the focus. I think the ending scene with him was enough to satisfy me, hopefully we will get some "canon" deleted scenes that involve him when the Blu-Ray is released because I'm sure they exist.

I'm dreaming of a spin off "Bounty Hunters" someday.

And wondering if we could someday get a Vader spin-off. A true spin-off of him during those 18 years, hunting down Jedi, maybe even using Bounty Hunters :nerd:
No Empire, no Stormtroopers, just Vader and a small group of mercenaries (Bounty Hunters) searching the galaxy for hidden Jedi. (Specifically Yoda and Obi-Wan who he'd never find)

I know it's a longshot, but it would make billions. BILLions. 20+ seconds got the world giddy, 2 hour film would have people orgasming in their seats. :lol:

Saw it again this afternoon and will definitely see it again. Caught the “General Syndulla” line the second time and started geeking out inside. Having read Catalyst, the scene when Jyn watches Galen's message keeps getting me. K-2SO's sacrifice is a close second.

The final act is already special but the final 5 minutes just make me want to jump out of my seat and watch Episode IV immediately.

How does one not leave the theater with any adrenaline after Vader's scene? Pure definition of Goosebumps.

Just finished watching and I gotta say, this movie was good. I'm 29 but I understand that movies were different during the original Star Wars run, but even with the prequels and TFA, my issues have always been that things never seemed dark enough or grim enough. This movie is the closest to it IMO.

Could Rogue One have been better? Sure. But I've never remotely feared Vader's badassery in any film until this movie. People weren't lying when they said he stole the show for 20 seconds lol. It definitely ties together ANH. It's the same day or so of the film.

For me, the best part of the movie is the story itself. You know you're going to die, so what do you do? They did their job. Dope.

I'm dreaming of a spin off "Bounty Hunters" someday.

And wondering if we could someday get a Vader spin-off. A true spin-off of him during those 18 years, hunting down Jedi, maybe even using Bounty Hunters :nerd:
No Empire, no Stormtroopers, just Vader and a small group of mercenaries (Bounty Hunters) searching the galaxy for hidden Jedi. (Specifically Yoda and Obi-Wan who he'd never find)

I know it's a longshot, but it would make billions. BILLions. 20+ seconds got the world giddy, 2 hour film would have people orgasming in their seats. :lol:

This would be awesome. The dude in the white looked straight up scared to be in Vaders presence. I would love to see a film that went in to depth.

But I've never remotely feared Vader's badassery in any film until this movie.

I want to see the story of why people do.

Rogue One was everything I wanted it to be. Maybe the 1st third could have been done better but i didnt really care. All I wanted was a good heist movie and some decent Vader action and they delivered :wow:

The space battle at the end was everything I ever wanted and completely ******* on the one from TFA. Red and Gold leader appearing got some applause out of my crowd :pimp:

Im gonna watch in 2D again on wednesday because the IMAX 3D was buggin me the entire time.

I've personally never been a fan of 3D. I know, call me crazy. I just feel ridiculous wearing glasses inside in the dark lol

Tell me about it. I walked out of Age of Ultron in 3D, got my money back then Netflixed it. 3D is a gimmick, I am glad the 3D TVs hype died down.

For as badass as Vader was, am I crazy for thinking they could have done more?

Asking y'all since I just stick to the movies.. and I've watched some of clone wars

You're not crazy at all, it would have been awesome had they done more, but I think the reason they didn't was because this wasn't his movie, he wasn't supposed to be the focus. I think the ending scene with him was enough to satisfy me, hopefully we will get some "canon" deleted scenes that involve him when the Blu-Ray is released because I'm sure they exist.

Not saying more in the movie before that part.. but in that part doing more before the ship escapes

Would it have been over kill if on top of what he did.. for him to just throw that door open and body everyone in the corridors and then hold the ship from jumping to hyperspace?

Like it taking someone distracting him for the ship being able to get away.. like one of the dudes in the he corridor firing a blaster at him or something

Another easter egg...This one is 
laugh.gif

Now that you mention it, I remember hearing this line!  It was on the beach IIRC! 
laugh.gif

And yes, I'm not a fan of 3D as well... unfortunately 85% of the screens here are in 3D! 
eyes.gif

Last edited:
I usually hate 3D too but if you find a legit IMAX screen that does Laser 3D, it looks fantastic and doesn't strain the eyes like regular 3D

Back
Top Bottom