• Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
enjoyed the movie

Vader's helemts neck part bothered me too tho

that scene where he went off sheesh 
pimp.gif

Saw it last night and seeing it IMAX tomorrow. Vader though? Wow. Oh and we need an old republic movie, tv series something

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I actually liked the first half. I have a young daughter so I enjoyed them going into the relationship between Jyn and her father, which is much better than the whole trash Skywalker family tree.

Anyway the movie was great! Below are some of the minor gripes I had though.

Maybe it's been too long since I saw the originals but I never realized the Death Star could warp. But it makes me wonder why it took so long for it get in position to destroy Yavin IV in ANH?

Was the Citadel on Scarif the only place that the schematics to the Death star were kept? If so, why did Tarkin blow it up and how did they build the second Death Star? Why didn't they just keep the schematics on the Death Star itself? They obviously though it was impenetrable.

Maybe Im looking too deeply into it.

Last edited:
I enjoyed the first half as well. The second half was just amazing and that's why it's getting all the praise.

I bet I would have loved he first half had I read Catalyst. I might still pick it up and read it.

First half was dope. It set up the damn movie... I'm thinking a lot of people on here don't like a lot of talking in there films.

I have got to stop coming in here. I'm like at the perfect hype right now. I just wnat to see Vader make people his b!+(H

Last edited:
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I actually liked the first half. I have a young daughter so I enjoyed them going into the relationship between Jyn and her father, which is much better than the whole trash Skywalker family tree.

Anyway the movie was great! Below are some of the minor gripes I had though.

Maybe it's been too long since I saw the originals but I never realized the Death Star could warp. But it makes me wonder why it took so long for it get in position to destroy Yavin IV in ANH?

Was the Citadel on Scarif the only place that the schematics to the Death star were kept? If so, why did Tarkin blow it up and how did they build the second Death Star? Why didn't they just keep the schematics on the Death Star itself? They obviously though it was impenetrable.

Maybe Im looking too deeply into it.
I enjoyed the story/context of the first half too... my minor issue was the pacing of it.

Haha, fair questions.  

I feel like the movie lacked soul. We didn't get to know any of the characters. By the end of the movie I didn't care about any of them.

The lady who played the main character was a strong actress but I felt like she was misused. Everyone else had a forgettable performance.

The last act with the action was pretty good but the movie did nothing to earn all that action.

Darth Vader scene was the best part of the movie.

Last edited:
I feel like the movie lacked soul. We didn't get to know any of the characters. By the end of the movie I didn't care about any of them.

The lady who played the main character was a strong actress but I felt like she was misused. Everyone else had a forgettable performance.

The last act with the action was pretty good but the movie did nothing to earn all that action.

Darth Vader scene was the best part of the movie.

do you like any movie made on planet earth?

A movie's first job is make the viewer care about the heroes. It absolutely failed at that job. Lots of action and sacrifice happened but I was like ehh.

TFA was a much better movie and it's not even close

Saw the movie tonight.

I thought it definitely lacked the character attachment that I usually have with the Star Wars movies, but I think they did a good job of connecting the dots to Episode 4. 

That 30 seconds of Vader had me so damn hype omg. We really need a Vader movie to do his character justice.

7/10

I feel like TFA was a polarizing film. I know a lot of people who hate on it and really didn't like it much at all. Then I know a lot of people like me who absolutely loved it.

Back
Top Bottom