Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rogue One was flames, starts slow but the last act is heat rock

the last 20 minutes is like doing 3 lines of cocaine with car battery cathodes attached to your nipples. :smokin

The biggest problem, Felicity Jones is not a movie star...

she doesn't have the charisma to make you instantly care about her, as a result the first act isn't strong,

and she wilts in comparison to some of her scene partners, Madds MIkkelson and Forrest WHitiker are bringing the heat and she can't keep up. :smh:

Rogue One was flames, starts slow but the last act is heat rock

the last 20 minutes is like doing 3 lines of cocaine with car battery cathodes attached to your nipples. :smokin

The biggest problem, Felicity Jones is not a movie star...

she doesn't have the charisma to make you instantly care about her, as a result the first act isn't strong,

and she wilts in comparison to some of her scene partners, Madds MIkkelson and Forrest WHitiker are bringing the heat and she can't keep up. :smh:

I liked her a lot more than the girl in TFA. For some reason I never really liked the girl in that movie.

For someone who doesn't have a connection to Star Wars as most in here do, I thought the movie was great, although it started off a bit jumbled. I like this more than TFA. It was a great film, but is missing something that'll make it a truly excellent film. I'd give it a 4/5.

A movie's first job is make the viewer care about the heroes. It absolutely failed at that job. Lots of action and sacrifice happened but I was like ehh.

TFA was a much better movie and it's not even close
I agree with this. Although I was shocked that they offed all the heroes and whatnot, I didn't care for them in any way. This film was still better than TFA for me though.

Werd. I was hooked and paying attention the first ten minutes. Then I slowly started checking out of the movie. Too much jumping around and trying to do too much. Would've been better if they buckled down and concentrated more on just one or two characters. Like how they anchored TFA around Finn and Rey.

This, joint was just jumping around, thus not making me care bout the last scene it jumped from. TFA built up everything much better I will give it that. I think many folks were let down by TFA because Finn came off like a clown (yeah yeah not trying to debate that again).

Vader was trill, and I`m sure I`m going to get flamed but I kind of hate the have to stick to the og costuming because it just looks so dated to me now.

So next year is Episode 8 and then what?

I personally really liked the TFA because it's literally the next generation of Star Wars. It's as if time really passed in a galaxy far far away. Han Solo went from super cool suave guy to a father trying to appeal to his brat son who needs a hair cut. Luke ended off the OT avenging his father's legacy and becoming a full fledged jedi who could  start the process of instilling peace in the galaxy to being full of regret, hiding and possibly breaking the one jedi code that brought his father to the darkside. His twin sister went from damsel in distress/love triangle center/space booger sex slave to a hardened war general. Seeing that visually instead of  using my imagination with wonky EU books that Lucas never even acknowledged was breathtaking.

R1 couldn't create that feeling for me because I knew what to expect. The rebels get the plans. Vader is angry.

Kinda sucked seeing how badly disconnected George was in his older gazillionaire days. Forgot the prequels, just look at the stupid *** special edition OGs. Really b? goofy dancing aliens were a critical addition?

Never acknowledged.....just used in his prequels.
laugh.gif
[emoji]128077[/emoji]
Glad to see you acknowledge the prequels when convenient 
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Kinda sucked seeing how badly disconnected George was in his older gazillionaire days. Forgot the prequels, just look at the stupid *** special edition OGs. Really b? goofy dancing aliens were a critical addition?
Would love to smoke some OG with George and watch TFA with him. Hear him talk grade A **** about Lawrence Kasden and how Jar Jar is behind everything
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom