Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, we can start talking about it!
First off, I really enjoyed it, but I'll start with the stuff I didn't like...

- Yes, I agree that certain parts felt a bit dragged... especially the first 1/3rd of the film, with all the exposition and whatnot.  I understood that they needed to get all the background and introductions out of the way, but it felt drawn out.  Perhaps an opening crawl would have done the job, but I get why they wanted to make it different from the main story.  Certain parts also felt a bit choppy.

- How ugly was that title-screen after the cold opening?!  I didn't like it... looked cheap.

- The score... Star Wars music usually does it for me, but this didn't really work IMO.  Nothing memorable.  There were bits where it started to sound like something from SW, but panned out to a melody that I can't even remember.  Again, I get that they didn't want to make it too similar to the OT, but it didn't give me that emotional connection.

- Not something I didn't like, but I know there will be those who din't like it... the CGI characters.  Tarkin and Leia were needed to tell this story so I think it was necessary.  You can tell that there was something artificial about it, but all things considered, I thought it looked ok.  

- Not necessarily something I didn't like, but weird how so much from the trailers were cut from the final film. 

- Would have liked to have seen more of Two Tubes... seemed like an interesting character. 

Stuff I liked...

- That battle was amazing.  A war-film indeed.  

- Life under the Empire... the labor camps, the guards patrolling the various planets... that was cool to see.

- The last 5 minutes. 

The Easter Eggs. 

I probably missed a few, but off the top of my head...

- Blue milk

- The "I don't like you either, you just watch yourself" guys

- Red Leader, Gold Leader

- Organa mentioning a "Jedi friend", "Capt. Antillies" & him going to Alderaan.

- I have a bad feeling...

- The little Death Star plans graphic

- Ghost... saw it twice at least.

- I liked that they had a Red 5, who eventually died... 

What else?

Last edited:
Ok, we can start talking about it!
First off, I really enjoyed it, but I'll start with the stuff I didn't like...

- Yes, I agree that certain parts felt a bit dragged... especially the first 1/3rd of the film, with all the exposition and whatnot.  I understood that they needed to get all the background and introductions out of the way, but it felt drawn out.  Perhaps an opening crawl would have done the job, but I get why they wanted to make it different from the main story.  Certain parts also felt a bit choppy.

- How ugly was that title-screen after the cold opening?!  I didn't like it... looked cheap.

- The score... Star Wars music usually does it for me, but this didn't really work IMO.  Nothing memorable.  There were bits where it started to sound like something from SW, but panned out to a melody that I can't even remember.  Again, I get that they didn't want to make it too similar to the OT, but it didn't give me that emotional connection.

- Not something I didn't like, but I know there will be those who din't like it... the CGI characters.  Tarkin and Leia were needed to tell this story so I think it was necessary.  You can tell that there was something artificial about it, but all things considered, I thought it looked ok.  

- Not necessarily something I didn't like, but weird how so much from the trailers were cut from the final film. 

- Would have liked to have seen more of Two Tubes... seemed like an interesting character. 

Stuff I liked...

- That battle was amazing.  A war-film indeed.  

- Life under the Empire... the labor camps, the guards patrolling the various planets... that was cool to see.

- The last 5 minutes. 

The Easter Eggs. 
I probably missed a few, but off the top of my head...
- Blue milk
- The "I don't like you either, you just watch yourself" guys
- Red Leader, Gold Leader
- Organa mentioning a "Jedi friend", "Capt. Antillies" & him going to Alderaan.
- I have a bad feeling...
- The little Death Star plans graphic
- Ghost... saw it twice at least.
- I liked that they had a Red 5, who eventually died... 

What else?

-You forgot R2 and C3PO cameo

-As for the music I do agree with what you said. But for them not to utilize the Imperial March more during the height of the Empire is just crazy.

I've met a good amount of people ages 19-25 that have never seen star wars ever :smh: :x
:lol: Why would you expect them to?

Those are all ppl born in the 90s. When the damn prequel came out they were 9 at most. So maybe they saw it and the other movies if Harry Potter movies weren't a higher priority by the 2000s.

Believe it or not, the franchise needed this recent resurgence. There's almost an entire generation that doesn't know or care about it. Almost.

Last edited:
movie was awesome
When I saw Grand Moff Tarkin with his back facing us I was thinking they were just gonna leave it like that. But then turned around and I had a feeling it would look really bad for a split second but turned out the CGI of him was really good. Same thing with Princess Leia.

:lol: Why would you expect them to?

Those are all ppl born in the 90s. When the damn prequel came out they were 9 at most. So maybe they saw it and the other movies if Harry Potter movies weren't a higher priority by the 2000s.

Believe it or not, the franchise needed this recent resurgence. There's almost an entire generation that doesn't know or care about it. Almost.

I think there was a lot big franchises around that time too. Harry Potter, The Matrix, LOTR.

Last edited:
I got a similar feeling to episode 7 after watching this; I need to process everything before I have an opinion.

That ending though...

Have no connection to Star Wars like most in here. Saw Episode 7 last year, and was bored out of my mind. Felt very generic. Gonna see this tomorrow without seeing any trailers.

-That last Darth Vader scene was LIT.
-R2D2, C3PO, Leia, Tarkin :pimp:

Rogue One was good.

Pretty much an action packed 2 hours of fun.

Vader in the end though was :slayer:

Loved Rogue One.

• The first act was pretty ehh. The rest of the film carried its weight though.
  • Felt like the characters weren't fleshed out enough. Wish we could've got more Baze and Chirrut.
  • Any criticisms I had of the film were mostly evaporated in the final act. Wow. That sequence is as good as any sequence in all of Star Wars.
  • The cameos were great; I noticed all of them, even the dudes that were in ESB and ROTJ.

40%ers SHOW YOUR FACES

Saving Private Ryan, in space. :smokin

This film just changed Star Wars. This was EVERYTHING I have said George ****** up in the prequels. Garreth did an AMAZING job. EXACTLY what George should have done.

He tied to the OG's while still enhancing and bringing something new to the table. He connected the tissue and nerve endings of the OG for that "feel" but opened so many other doors, so many other layers to the universe.

Vader. THAT is the prequel Vader we deserved. **** you Lucas.

Incredible, incredible film. I'm high on life right now, I will get deeper in AM.

I was dead on, this film changes everything. This franchise just went next level, and it was already the GOAT. Bravo Edwards.

Lamekilla

:rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
I thought it was great. So many connections to the original trilogy. The nostalgia was crazy. :nthat:

Lowest of keys better than TFA. :nerd:

Last edited:
Just got back from the movie.
Flame suit on.
I'll start by saying I like to movie and I'm gonna go see it again.

That being said the first two acts were just ok for me. Other than Chirrut whooping ***, the action was meh. Humor didn't really land for me other than a few lines. 

The Third Act though!!!! Made up for all of that. I had to sit up right for that battle scene. Also Vader at the end was epic.

I'm not a huge fan of 3+hour movies, but I think this one needed it. I wish I got more time with the characters. 

Back
Top Bottom