Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Skipping episode 1 is absolutely idiotic.

Skipping 1 and 2 is even dumber.
Devil's advocate: Why? The prequel trilogy didn't even exist for 16 years after the original trilogy was complete. Until then, we had to use our imagination for how things led up to ANH. Leaving out 1 is similar. I agree that leaving out 2 would be jarring since 3 starts out in a battle towards the end of a war started in 2. But using your imagination to replace 1 really isn't that big of a deal.

I say this as someone who watches all of them.

Last edited:
We literally didn't NEED to see episode 1 -3, but 3 has the most to offer.

I've never rewatched 2 and have tried to watch 1 just for Maul and the pod race.

3 is still bad but it doesnt show you the pure Anakin that for without good reason

turns dark.

At least if you only saw 3, there's none of that BS.

If you like Star Wars, watch everything.

If you're new, skip 1-2.

I'd say that the prequels weren't exactly bad but they definitely don't meet expectations and I mostly don't like watching them because I'm always thinking about what they could've been had George just wrote the story and had others tweek it and direct them like he did for esb, that said last time they were on tnt I ended up watching them because I'm a sw nerd and can't help myself

nah, the prequels were bad..

only if someone hasn't watched star wars before would I suggest watching them.. but really there is no need to really rewatch the prequels.. if there was a scene or something you enjoyed from em, pretty sure it's on youtube

Last edited:
it's the case of having TOO MUCH power in hollywood.

There will be that decline in quality when you have full autonomy.

Bring in people that will say no to you and create a better product.

Look at the Tformers series, Avengers 2, Dark Knight Rises.

The decline is apparent.

hayden christensen isn't the worst actor in the world but watching the prequels makes you think he is.

nah, the prequels were bad..

only if someone hasn't watched star wars before would I suggest watching them.. but really there is no need to really rewatch the prequels.. if there was a scene or something you enjoyed from em, pretty sure it's on youtube

and there's not a lot... it just didn't feel like Star Wars.

Rebels is doing an incredible job with Ezra tho... That should've been how they did Hayden.

:lol: some of you are new here.

You speak ill of the prequels, the same two guys will be here to yell at you shortly. They posted back to back. :lol:

I agree 100% I and II are worthless outside a few short moments, but III belongs with the OG. That one was done well even it was lacking a few things. But a million times better than I/II.

III was good, my main issue with that was it was still shot inside that CG warehouse and you can tell. I'm glad they're back to filming at different real world locations.

Yes. It just feels 10x better when it's done in real sets.

CGI gives you that campy feel and none of the grandeur.

The reason I love 3 is because we finally see the original battle between Vader and Obi Wan. 28 years in the making and it delivered.

Crazy how those two character had the best and worst light saber battles in movie history.

Up until last year, they had the first and last as well.

I always thought the story of the prequels was pretty cool, a young slave becomes a knight and a general loses his loved ones twice and turns to the one of the most powerful villains in the galaxy.

while I'm the background we see one man single handedly destroy the republic and build a empire in his image.

the execution might not be that great But the story is cool

Last edited:
The age of CGI killed the prequels, and the silliness. I can't believe the team behind Lucas allowed that stuff to come to fruition. Was it because he had TOO much creative power? I've seen/heard some of that, but mostly not even taken the time to see what happened. I remember seeing a documentary came out a couple of months ago going over some of that.

Back
Top Bottom