• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by beyondmeasure  

These dudes have a nice setup
smokin.gif
I listen in Daily to Movie Talk and listen in weekly to Jedi Council

Ashley Mova & Sinead De Vries 
embarassed.gif

Not the biggest Midlife Gambino fan, but supremely happy for him landing that young Lando role..

Still doesn't dispute the fact that I think a Han Solo prequel film is a stupid idea.

But I guess both Rey and Kylo's parents who aren't of the Skywalker bloodline need individual films since their living parents, the twin Skywalkers have had their stories told.

Or am I the only one who noticed :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

Last edited:
Not the biggest Midlife Gambino fan, but supremely happy for him landing that young Lando role..

Still doesn't dispute the fact that I think a Han Solo prequel film is a stupid idea.

But I guess both Rey and Kylo's parents who aren't of the Skywalker bloodline need individual films since their living parents, the twin Skywalkers have had their stories told.

Maybe i'm just tired, but that confused me. :frown:

Jyn :nerd:

Maybe i'm just tired, but that confused me. :frown:

Kylo's parents are Leia and Han. Leia is a Skywalker, her blood line is midichlorian royalty. We know the Skywalker story...and we know Han but we don't know Han before he ran into the Skywalker's, at least not on the big screen.

Then there's Rey. It's pretty much a forgone conclusion that her papa is Luke. Luke is a Skywalker, his bloodline is midichlorian royalty. We know the Skywalker story...but what about this random girl who's getting a Star Wars movie, Jyn? Why is Disney spending all of this marketing and copyright money on a character who is new to Star Wars and isn't meant to be in any films afterwards...allegedly. I mean she steals the plans to the Death Star and Luke Skywalker used the plans of the death star to blow....ohhhhhh............does it make sense yet? This year Rey's mom gets a solo film. Next year Kylo's dad gets a solo film. Only way to make the non Force sensitive parents of both Vader's grandchildren bad *****.

Jyn :nerd:

The Force is strong within you :nthat:

I don't think so. I don't even think we'll get that many flashbacks in Episode 8 as people are speculating.

I don't want Jyn having anything to do with the original Saga and Skywalker stories outside of the obvious that we have seen.

The speculation on Jyn Erso...I highly doubt it.

If that happens then fine but all these connections make the Star Wars universe feel small... not feeling it

Jyn's story leading into a new hope instead of being some self contained story on the other side of the Galaxy should feel small but it's even more evidence that she's meant to be around for a while and she'll be tied to a legacy character. Disney and Kathleen Kennedy won't make a female lead just to kill her off after one film. Jyn is definitely part of the bigger story which is why her story ties into Star Wars, particularly Luke's first adventure.

I don't want Jyn having anything to do with the original Saga and Skywalker stories outside of the obvious that we have seen.

She provides the plans for the Death Star, she sets the whole saga in motion. Her accent and age in the movie are dead giveaways. Disney/Lucas films could've found another female lead that differed from Daisy Ridley's looks and accents for there OTHER Star Wars film but they didn't. They actually casted both Ridley and Jones at around the same time. I guess if you're a British female you'll automatically get casted for a Star Wars film...lol nah Kathleen Kennedy has her hands all over this mother/daughter Star Wars take over.

I honestly see no point in Rogue One if Jyn isn't Rey's mother. I mean we know the plan to destroy the Death Star is successful, we saw this almost 40 years ago. Why would we care about the characters who got hold of the plans to deliver to the rebel alliance? Honestly?

Last edited:
I mean I fully understand what her agenda is, but I don't see her being related to the Skywalkers/Rey at all. That would feel like such a cop out.

I mean I fully understand what her agenda is, but I don't see her being related to the Skywalkers/Rey at all. That would feel like such a cop out.

I'm curious as to why though? Vader being in this film is a cop out. Theres no Jedi's to challenge him...

I would be fine with no Vader. I think his only part in this movie will be influence and political type power, not battles with anyone. I just think that if that's the angle they want to go with, then let it be known. Don't hold it close to the chest just to make audiences need to find a reason to enjoy it, which is what that type of move would be IMO.

Let Rogue One be what I wish and hope it is, a true standalone film and story about what we have known happened for 40 years now.

Movie wise, the SWU is small as far as character focus and who is related to who. While thing only spans like 60 years?

It's by design either way. Lucas early plans would've followed Luke. Then his ideas he gave them after selling Lucasfilm I think still only dealt with Luke's children. The guys currently doing it are for now aping the best of SW.

It being owned by Disney and their relentless pursuit in pushing out more movies will give the universe rapid growth though. 10 years from now (possibly 6 movies later going forward not spinoffs or prequel stories) a SW movie might not have any main characters being a Solo, Skywalker, wookie, etc. but still roguish maverick types and force users in some form.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom