• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Whoa Baby!
http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/star-wars-episode-viii-the-knights-of-ren

Star Wars: Episode VIII the lightsaber was green for the light-rod on set. So it appears Luke still has his Return of the Jedi saber after all these years. There were also white flashing effects used in the battle.

The question is, does Luke let Kylo run? Can he not kill him for familial reasons or because Rey must do it as part of her training? The impression I get is that Luke knew Kylo would run and allows him to. Luke’s behavior doesn’t indicate he believes Rey is killed or anything like that. My guess is they may film something back at Pinewood of Rey hanging on for life or injured on the side of the cliff. It sounds like Luke Skywalker arrives in time to save her from Kylo’s treachery and Rey is a really good free climber after all.

We theorize that the location is the final Jedi ruin site Luke and Rey need to visit. Based on some rumors out of Pinewood, we also theorize that Kylo may be running inside the location Luke and Rey are heading towards so the fight will continue inside the spooky ruins of the Jedi Temple there. But at this point we have no verification of these theories just the bullet pointed statements above.

The sequence sounds really fun and may be the coolest start to a duel in a Star Wars film ever./

...:pimp:  

I figure some of the KoR where just gonna be banana fodder but Luke sounds :pimp:

He'll always be the first thing I think of when I think of Star Wars but I think Rogue One is definitely the bridge that will lead to new places in the galaxy where lightsabers are not the norm.

Whoa Baby!

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/star-wars-episode-viii-the-knights-of-ren
Star Wars: Episode VIII & The Knights of Ren.
by Jason Ward (editor-in-chief)
Possible spoilers for Star Wars: Episode VIII below. Read on at you own risk and please do not share the details openly on social media.

Knights of Ren

Recently I glimpsed some photos of a set at Malin Head on the water. On the shoreline were seven men in black. There might be more but some of the people are hard to make out. All of these people are wearing all black with helmets, most of the helmets resemble medieval knights with weapons. The characters are not wearing the black covers to hide their costumes like they did back at Dubrovnik. These are actual black costumes. It is my opinion and the source’s opinion that these are the Knights of Ren. Kylo Ren could always have another gang of warriors in black but I think its likely they’re the guys we saw in The Force Awakens.

There are “black helmeted medieval looking figures” going after Luke Skywalker and Rey on the coast of Ahch-To. The guys I once referred to as Jedi Hunters back in the day were described in the same way back during the production of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

From what I have heard a few times, Rey is reluctant, if not angry at Luke Skywalker because she has to kill Kylo Ren and she doesn’t want to do it. The scene that follows appears to be when the showdown finally begins. I suppose she accepts her duty or has no choice but to fight.

The text below is what the source(s) witnessed.

Luke Skywalker and Rey are on Ahch-To just before nightfall as the sun sets in the background and it starts to rain.
Rey’s hair is pulled back. She doesn’t have the vest from VII on.
Luke and Rey are wearing the costumes we described before.
Kylo Ren and The Knights of Ren turn up along the coast.
Kylo Ren continues advancing towards the heroes with the Knights of Ren.
Kylo does not wear the mask here.
Kylo has the same cross guard saber as he did in VII.
Kylo’s costume looked the same as in VII.
Rey and Kylo Ren duel one-on-one and end up fighting alongside the cliff face over looking the nighttime water.
Kylo wants his revenge after Rey disgraced him.
The Knights of Ren go for Luke Skywalker while Rey is left for Kylo.
Luke Skywalker engages the knights on the beach while Kylo attempts to kill Rey.
The first black knight has an axe and moves towards the Luke but is Force pushed away to his death after being thrown through the air.
After Luke dispatches the first knight he ignites his green lightsaber.
Luke moves through each knight one by one.
Rey and Kylo’s battle moves up to the side of a cliff.
Suddenly Rey is nowhere to be seen. She’s taken out of the battle, either wounded or appears to go over the side of the cliff.
Luke Skywalker casually walks towards Kylo to finish him but Kylo retreats when he sees Skywalker and his crew defeated.
Luke Skywalker is a badass Jedi and he’ll destroy your squad.

One source commented:

“A lot of wire work was used.”

Luke Skywalker fights the Knights of Ren using the Force and then his sword, a mixture of wizard and warrior. While we can confirm that Luke does use his lightsaber, we think we can confirm the color too; the lightsaber was green for the light-rod on set. So it appears Luke still has his Return of the Jedi saber after all these years. There were also white flashing effects used in the battle.

The question is, does Luke let Kylo run? Can he not kill him for familial reasons or because Rey must do it as part of her training? The impression I get is that Luke knew Kylo would run and allows him to. Luke’s behavior doesn’t indicate he believes Rey is killed or anything like that. My guess is they may film something back at Pinewood of Rey hanging on for life or injured on the side of the cliff. It sounds like Luke Skywalker arrives in time to save her from Kylo’s treachery and Rey is a really good free climber after all.

We theorize that the location is the final Jedi ruin site Luke and Rey need to visit. Based on some rumors out of Pinewood, we also theorize that Kylo may be running inside the location Luke and Rey are heading towards so the fight will continue inside the spooky ruins of the Jedi Temple there. But at this point we have no verification of these theories just the bullet pointed statements above.

The sequence sounds really fun and may be the coolest start to a duel in a Star Wars film ever./

If this is true and if Luke survives episode 8

Star wars byke!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So I FINALLY found a new 6" Black Series figure today(Target), after what seemed like months of Flametroopers warming the pegs:

I still have yet to see Hux anywhere at retail.

Netflix's big exclusivity deal for Disney's latest movies starts in September
Netflix will become the 'exclusive pay TV home' for Disney's recent hits

The blockbuster deal that Netflix and Disney reached all the way back in 2012 will soon take effect. Beginning in September, Netflix will be allowed to stream all Disney films — including Marvel, Pixar, and Lucasfilm titles — in the same window that they'd typically be made available to HBO, Starz, and other paid TV networks. That's still after the Blu-ray and digital releases, but it's much, much sooner than the long and often unpredictable wait that Netflix customers had to put up with before. All Disney films released theatrically in 2016 and beyond are included in the agreement, for which Netflix is reportedly paying hundreds of millions per year.

The Netflix / Disney exclusivity pact blocks subscription networks like HBO and Starz from procuring Disney's latest hits — at least during that first-run pay TV window — and it also keeps them off Amazon Prime, Hulu, and other streaming services. Netflix gloats about this a little in a new blog post meant to stir excitement about new movies and shows that'll be hitting this summer. "From September onwards, Netflix will become the exclusive US pay TV home of the latest films from Disney, Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Pixar," said Ted Sarandos, the company's content boss. It's no doubt a significant boost in the ongoing exclusivity wars between these big streaming companies.

Last edited:
Just saw that on reddit, really nice looking poster. Anybody scoop tickets for Star Wars Celebration Orlando 2017?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom