Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i mean, unless they come up with some unheard of levels of CGI and special effects I just dont see it being a movie worth watching

none of the characters are interesting and I dont remember much about the story except for ponytail sex?

ponytail space yambs

i was just comparing the argument of "X is explained" which makes it okay to use in the story to people who do that for the prequels

even though you can have an explanation to why these things happen to save harry, I still dont think it's good for the story to have the protagonist have so much help

That's where they have to find a happy medium because I hate when a character do EVERYTHING by themselves. Why do you even have secondary/tertiary characters if the Main one is a swiss army knife of solutions.

And wasn't the story about love & friendship anyway?

Disney is pulling a Harry Potter with Episode VIII by delaying the release of the film.

?

They would be pulling a Harry Potter if they split the movie into two, not by delaying it :lol:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was supposed to be released in November 2008 but Warner Bros. pushed it back to July 2009 partially because of the success of The Dark Knight.

Disappointed at the 7 month delay, yes, but I am not surprised. Less blockbuster competition during Christmas equals even more money in Disney's eyes.

Disney is pulling a Harry Potter with Episode VIII by delaying the release of the film.

?

They would be pulling a Harry Potter if they split the movie into two, not by delaying it :lol:

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was supposed to be released in November 2008 but Warner Bros. pushed it back to July 2009 partially because of the success of The Dark Knight.

Book wasn't all that great, but I remember the trailer for Half Blood Prince had one of the best openings out of all the films :lol:

I'm fine with a 2 year delay if that's how long it takes to do the material justice.

We're spoiled man lol 2017 is gonna be an insane year for blockbuster films so it's only right that Star Wars acts as the cherry on top.

Was the delay excuse due to "getting the movie right" or Disney simply realizing they got a glut of their own movies competing against each other that summer and it makes no sense? I mean JJ was already saying he read the script and was wishing he stayed on to direct it.

Somebody probably said why not put SW back around the holidays with no competition cuz that's mostly Oscar bait season and hope it does the same #s as VII.

Was the delay excuse due to "getting the movie right" or Disney simply realizing they got a glut of their own movies competing against each other that summer and it makes no sense? I mean JJ was already saying he read the script and was wishing he stayed on to direct it.

Somebody probably said why not put SW back around the holidays with no competition cuz that's mostly Oscar bait season and hope it does the same #s as VII.

Rumors are that they are expanding some peoples roles after such positive fanfare after TFA

im sure "Season of Force" was a hit in the Disney theme parks too. Merchandise probably flew off shelves during the holiday season. Midas whale drop the movies in Nov-Dec to hype up toys, theme park attendance, etc.

...... The wack lyrics
The **** is depressing... pathetic... please forget it

Rumors are that they are expanding some peoples roles after such positive fanfare after TFA
That rumor just makes it sound like we were gonna get another movie of light on character info or development. Like they forgot again to make sure Phasma actually does something this movie :lol: :smh:

Was the delay excuse due to "getting the movie right" or Disney simply realizing they got a glut of their own movies competing against each other that summer and it makes no sense?
those aren't mutually exclusive.

Kathleen Kennedy, Boyega and Daisy were all saying in December that Principal Photography would start in "in a few weeks/end of January" and before news of the rewrites even hit there was stuff going around forums that Production was being delayed until March (waiting to build the Arch-Too sets in pinewoods, casting not complete etc.)

Things were starting to point to them having to move the film back a little and given the crazy schedule December was likely the only month that made sense for a Star Wars film.

Episode VII was originally supposed to be a Summer release too. JJ and Kathleen thought they should delay it until 2016... The fact that this has happened twice now goes to show that Disney underestimated how complicated it is to make these films

It seems to be a mix between that and condensing/combining smaller new characters they were trying to introduce.

I think mainly that "new lead" they were looking to cast got cut. Didn't seem like they were ever too hot on any of those girls who were rumored and i don't know what happened to that Gugu Raw chick but i don't think she's in the film anymore either.

I don't think i've ever seen a "Report" that was picked up but as many major publications go cold as quick and hard as that one :lol:

Wasnt there rumors she was supposed to be solos daughter? I suppose thats over with now that he has bit the dust :lol:

"Star Wars: Episode VIII, originally scheduled for release on May 26, 2017, will now debut on December 15, 2017. The move follows the extraordinary success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which was the first Star Wars movie to premiere in December. In the popular holiday moviegoing corridor, it smashed numerous records, including biggest domestic and global debuts of all time as well as the biggest domestic second and third weekends, en route to becoming the highest grossing domestic release of all time with over $861M and the third biggest global release ever with $1.887B."
I'm pretty sure all the originals came out in December too.

Disney going for that nostalgia factor while also giving themselves more time.

The disembodied head of Walt is a shrewd one.

[QUOTE url="[URL]https://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-episode-viii-pushed-back-to-december-2017/[/URL]"]
"Star Wars: Episode VIII, originally scheduled for release on May 26, 2017, will now debut on December 15, 2017. The move follows the extraordinary success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which was the first Star Wars movie to premiere in December. In the popular holiday moviegoing corridor, it smashed numerous records, including biggest domestic and global debuts of all time as well as the biggest domestic second and third weekends, en route to becoming the highest grossing domestic release of all time with over $861M and the third biggest global release ever with $1.887B."

I'm pretty sure all the originals came out in December too.
Disney going for that nostalgia factor while also giving themselves more time.
The disembodied head of Walt is a shrewd one.
[/quote]

Episodes I-VI all came out on the third week of May.

Back
Top Bottom