Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Attack Of Clones - I really liked the setting of the clone planet Kamino...all dark...an abundance of water... like the beginning of life itself...then inside...the bright light

ish was surreal to me & i enjoyed dat

Last edited:
Eh, Obi-Wan was barely a Jedi Master/Knight and Maul held his own quite fine for the duration. When it came down to the end, he killed Qui-Gon one on one. Then Obi-Wan killed him one on one.

Maul's face makes it hard for me to have empathy for him :lol:

that's like having to fight two different people back-to-back b

jin got washed
Maul was a Sith Lord, I assume they all can handle that.

why didnt they just use makeup for this?

looks like a cgi zombie from a resident evil game

how did a live action movie turn into a cartoon?

the "NOOoOOO" is probably the funniest joke out of all the star wars movies 
roll.gif

From a performance standpoint Maul did handle it. He was also smart enough to eventually seek to divide and conquer. Yeah he still lost, but it was more than a little close.

Last edited:
I thought maul was a sith assassin like Ventress, and was never a true apprentice?

Also what they did to him was criminal he could easily have been the main villain in ep1&2

I thought it was a bit clear Obi-Wan used a bit of anger to kill Maul. It was just kinda never touched on after that and I assume in the next 10 years Obi-Wan put his dark side in check.

I thought maul was a sith assassin like Ventress, and was never a true apprentice?

Also what they did to him was criminal he could easily have been the main villain in ep1&2
I agree here. I liked the idea of Maul surviving being cut in half and coming back with advanced robot legs so now he can move faster and with more agility.

2 villains for ep II.
new villain in episode 2 means that lucas can sell twice as many star wars villain toys
Could've had the movie have 2 bad guys. One for Anakin, the other for Obi-Wan

Last edited:

In terms of the previous continuity Palpatine started training him while he (Palpatine) was still an Apprentice and told his master that Maul would just be their assasin/tool for missions and such, though this was a lie and Palpy ended up giving him the full training and making him a Lord regardless. Though then and now Palpatine always uses Maul for assassinations and such.

I like Dooku more than Maul so I was fine with it.

Last edited:
I thought it was a bit clear Obi-Wan used a bit of anger to kill Maul. It was just kinda never touched on after that and I assume in the next 10 years Obi-Wan put his dark side in check.
this is another reason why its the best prequel fight

there is a change in emotional tone when the tides of the fight start to turn

there is character development within the action

the loss of his master pushes obiwan to the next level 

the threat of his sister causes luke to beat vader

calming down and controlling her fear causes rey to beat kylo

in the empire duel vader starts out curious of what his son can do, fights with one hand. after luke proves himself to be a threat vader switches to two hand grip and over powers his son

in all these fights there is a change that leads to the end result, there is character development

in the ROTS fight its 8 minutes of two people in the same emotional state, nothing changes and the fight ends on some BS. 

the kenobi/anakin duel did seem very contrived to me as well

all the frogger-esque hopping around & cgi backgrounds made it look set up for a video game stage

i felt the same way during indiana jones crystal skull when they were swinging on the damb vines avoiding stuff...video game

Last edited:
Easily the best part of the first two films was when the door slowly opens and they see this ****

View media item 1858614
And they're like, we'll take the long way....... :lol:

But when the Jedi meditates, and Maul is pacing around like a caged animal, THAT was flat out outstanding. Absolutely perfectly done. Exactly the tone that should have been used for all 3 films.

Having Maul stand there while dude jumps up and over him so he can cut him in half, for no reason, not so much. But at least I got something out of the film.

Easily the best part of the first two films was when the door slowly opens and they see this ****

And they're like, we'll take the long way.......
laugh.gif

But when the Jedi meditates, and Maul is pacing around like a caged animal, THAT was flat out outstanding. Absolutely perfectly done. Exactly the tone that should have been used for all 3 films.

Having Maul stand there while dude jumps up and over him so he can cut him in half, for no reason, not so much. But at least I got something out of the film.
they had like 10 people with them with blasters

why did quigon tell everyone else to leave? 
laugh.gif

could have just all shot at him and killed him on the spot

another example of "wise" jedi being idiots in the prequels 

View media item 1858614

they had like 10 people with them with blasters

why did quigon tell everyone else to leave? :lol:

could have just all shot at him and killed him on the spot

another example of "wise" jedi being idiots in the prequels 

That assumes he wouldn't have deflected the bolts or used the Force or his Lightsaber in some other way to kill them. Hell he could have simply jumped away somewhere. And if the Jedi are going to be fighting with him blade to blade that involves a lot of movement in which they could be hit by a stray shot. Also doesn't take into account that Padme and the others had their own mission to do as well, which is where they were all heading when Maul intercepted them. In terms of a victory the Jedi were the ones with the best chance to handle Maul.

Last edited:
That assumes he wouldn't have deflected the bolts or used the Force or his Lightsaber in some other way to kill them

Hundred's of Jedi died to a couple random blaster bolts just two movies later, so......

That assumes he wouldn't have deflected the bolts or used the Force or his Lightsaber in some other way to kill them

Hundred's of Jedi died to a couple random blaster bolts just two movies later, so......

And Yoda and Obi-Wan are seen deflecting plenty of blaster bolts when attacking the Temple, all while taking down their attackers. So it's not like its a 100% thing in which its impossible to deflect the bolts, especially when the person knows they're coming at him. :rolleyes Heck, Ki-Adi-Mundi deflects a few before he dies.

Last edited:

View media item 1858614

That's why I love the Maul fight

or maybe its just lucas being a terrible writer and not even watching his earlier movies

"i have the high ground", obiwan pulls the same move on maul to beat him

"we will handle this", 2 movies later the same amount of people with blasters are shown to wipe out all the jedi

hell he cant even remember what happens earlier in his own movie 

obiwan lets his master die because he couldnt get to the fight fast enough

if only he could...

Bww1ml.gif

its like a 5 year old wrote these movies 

Last edited:
i would like to see your excuse for "force speed" then never showing it again 

did they just do it a bunch off screen and we didnt need to see it? 

i would like to see your excuse for "force speed" then never showing it again 

did they just do it a bunch off screen and we didnt need to see it? 

I don't have an excuse for it and you're completely right that it could have been used lol I never said you weren't. (Though Obi-Wan is also tired at this point so it doesn't really bother me)

Last edited:
again, these are not star wars problems

they are the very basics of how to tell a good story and make a good movie

if the prequels were not star wars movies they would already be forgotten

Back
Top Bottom