Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chewbacca has literally witnessed the whole Skywalker family f****** up the galaxy. When Ben was born, Chewbacca was probably just like can’t wait to see how this one f**** up

View media item 1858225
It's weird. The top 10 all time, Cameron, Lucas, Nolan, Whedon all twice. 8 out of the top 10.

But Cameron is the only one to have 2 not in the same franchise. That's impressive as hell. Ha, and not even the franchise he's most known for either. :wow:

James Cameron the true box office gawd :pimp:

Titanic is still probably the most impressive box office run oat

Last edited:
:lol: Ok man, whatever you say.
Pretty much.

All you saw in that post was "ignore the EU" and ironically ignored "If he stuck to his original plans" part :lol: Keep in mind his original plans existed before the EU existed.

Whatever you say.

I just don't feel like dealing with someone that tells ME how to feel about a franchise I've followed daily for 25+ years. "let it go"
I didn't tell you how to feel I told you to let those feelings go b.

You got what you wanted in the end, didn't you?
That's like me becoming a Knick fan and telling the rest of you hey, Starks wasn't really that bad that night, no need to feel any way about it.
:lol: I'd be totally fine if you or somebody else said that. Nobody in the Knicks thread is still holding on to Starks terrible game like that.

That's that ulcer life.

Or hey, no shame in losing to the Bulls year after year, let me wear this Bulls hat, no prob.
I'm not asking you to rep the prequels though.

Maybe later you can tell me how I should feel about the Cubs, or the Lakers, etc.

"whatever you say"
The Cubs ******* suck.

You're getting what you deserve with the Lakers. Just enjoy the years you were winning, it's about time yall suck for a bit again.
Or hey, keep tellin me more about the EU, something you have no knowledge of, please, tell me more about it.
Never once told you anything about the EU though. You couldn't bring up a single detail I brought up where I'm referencing the EU :lol: I don't even care like that.

No matter how much you want to go back and try and spin it to be about he EU, it won't be.

But I'll just go back and mention what I was initially talking about. Which predates the EU and the prequel trilogy:

In 1980, Lucas said

So, I took the screenplay and divided it into three stories, and rewrote the first one. As I was writing, I came up with some ideas for a film about robots, with no humans in it. When I got to working on the Wookiee, I thought of a film just about Wookiees, nothing else. So, for a time, I had a couple of odd movies with just those characters. Then, I had the other two films, which were essentially split into three parts each, two trilogies. When the smoke cleared, I said, 'This is really great. I'll do another trilogy that takes place after this.' I had three trilogies of nine films, and then another couple of odd films. Essentially, there were twelve films.

…eliminated the odd movies, because they really don't have anything to do with the Star Wars saga. ... I'm just going to keep it pure. It's a nine-part saga that has a beginning, a middle and an end. It progresses over a period of about fifty or sixty years with about twenty years between trilogies, each trilogy taking about six or seven years

In an interview with Starlog magazine published in September 1981, Lucas confirmed that he had the nine film series plotted, cautioning:

…but it's a long way from the plot to the script. I've just gone through that with Return of the Jedi, and what seems like a great idea when it's described in three sentences doesn't hold together when you try to make five or six scenes out of it. So plots change a lot when they start getting into script form

I'm sure you know what the first EU book was and what it was about. You tell me if that involved Lucas' original plans. Doesn't matter if it was about the prequels since that's not what I was talking about.

Even cp vs zik is a more interesting fight than anakin and obi wan in ROTS
No it isn't, it's straight "scroll past and ignore" territory. Take it to PMs at this point.

Cool to see it take the domestic title, without adjusting for inflation of course. I still don't think it catches Avatar globally, but we'll find out soon enough.

No it isn't, it's straight "scroll past and ignore" territory. Take it to PMs at this point.

Cool to see it take the domestic title, without adjusting for inflation of course. I still don't think it catches Avatar globally, but we'll find out soon enough.
I have a very low opinion on that lightsaber duel

I have a very low opinion on that lightsaber duel

You shouldn't feel that way.

You should feel thankful George put in all that hard work for you.

You should appreciate that.

You should enjoy that scene, and all the others in that movie.

You should let go of your anger towards that scene, and film.

I'm not telling you how to feel tho.

^^ Repped.

“Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.”

“You think Zik stops teaching, just because his student does not want to hear? A teacher Zik is. Zik teaches like drunkards drink, like killers kill.”

Last edited:
Yoda v Palpatine was better than Obi v Anakin.

I watched ep 3 last night, **** was terrible from what i remembered.

laugh.gif
Ok man, whatever you say.
Pretty much.

All you saw in that post was "ignore the EU" and ironically ignored "If he stuck to his original plans" part
laugh.gif
Keep in mind his original plans existed before the EU existed.
Whatever you say.

I just don't feel like dealing with someone that tells ME how to feel about a franchise I've followed daily for 25+ years. "let it go"
I didn't tell you how to feel I told you to let those feelings go b.

You got what you wanted in the end, didn't you?
That's like me becoming a Knick fan and telling the rest of you hey, Starks wasn't really that bad that night, no need to feel any way about it.
laugh.gif
I'd be totally fine if you or somebody else said that. Nobody in the Knicks thread is still holding on to Starks terrible game like that.

That's that ulcer life.
Or hey, no shame in losing to the Bulls year after year, let me wear this Bulls hat, no prob.
I'm not asking you to rep the prequels though.
Maybe later you can tell me how I should feel about the Cubs, or the Lakers, etc.

"whatever you say"
The Cubs ******* suck.

You're getting what you deserve with the Lakers. Just enjoy the years you were winning, it's about time yall suck for a bit again.
Or hey, keep tellin me more about the EU, something you have no knowledge of, please, tell me more about it.
Never once told you anything about the EU though. You couldn't bring up a single detail I brought up where I'm referencing the EU
laugh.gif
I don't even care like that.

No matter how much you want to go back and try and spin it to be about he EU, it won't be.

But I'll just go back and mention what I was initially talking about. Which predates the EU and the prequel trilogy:

In 1980, Lucas said
So, I took the screenplay and divided it into three stories, and rewrote the first one. As I was writing, I came up with some ideas for a film about robots, with no humans in it. When I got to working on the Wookiee, I thought of a film just about Wookiees, nothing else. So, for a time, I had a couple of odd movies with just those characters. Then, I had the other two films, which were essentially split into three parts each, two trilogies. When the smoke cleared, I said, 'This is really great. I'll do another trilogy that takes place after this.' I had three trilogies of nine films, and then another couple of odd films. Essentially, there were twelve films.

…eliminated the odd movies, because they really don't have anything to do with the Star Wars saga. ... I'm just going to keep it pure. It's a nine-part saga that has a beginning, a middle and an end. It progresses over a period of about fifty or sixty years with about twenty years between trilogies, each trilogy taking about six or seven years
In an interview with Starlog magazine published in September 1981, Lucas confirmed that he had the nine film series plotted, cautioning:

…but it's a long way from the plot to the script. I've just gone through that with Return of the Jedi, and what seems like a great idea when it's described in three sentences doesn't hold together when you try to make five or six scenes out of it. So plots change a lot when they start getting into script form
I'm sure you know what the first EU book was and what it was about. You tell me if that involved Lucas' original plans. Doesn't matter if it was about the prequels since that's not what I was talking about.
Emperor-Palpatine-Release-Your-Anger.jpg

CP vs Zik is boring as hell compared to that masterpiece of a fight. Waited years for that and Lucas delivered. Was perfect in every way. :smokin In fact I might go watch it again now.

CP vs Zik is boring as hell compared to that masterpiece of a fight. Waited years for that and Lucas delivered. Was perfect in every way.
smokin.gif
In fact I might go watch it again now.
not even a top 5 star wars fight

if you get that excited over an overload of cgi with no substance go watch transformers 4 or ASM2 

CP vs Zik is boring as hell compared to that masterpiece of a fight. Waited years for that and Lucas delivered. Was perfect in every way. :smokin In fact I might go watch it again now.
not even a top 5 star wars fight

if you get that excited over an overload of cgi with no substance go watch transformers 4 or ASM2 

Definitely a top 5 fight, CGI or no.

Transformers 4 is trash, one of the worst films i've ever seen in theaters and ASM2 simply wasn't equal to its predecessor.

Again, dudes really outchea ODing with the vehemence of of their prequel hate :lol:

Yeah you right, the masterpiece of coreography that was the final battle between Vader and Ben in ANH is infinitely superior to the trash in ROTS :rolleyes

That was the epic Jedi action that we wanted to see and that Lucas didn't deliver on in the prequels :rolleyes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom