Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always thought it funny. So many over analyze and dissect every bit. I know im guilty. Most of the time i would bet the film makers put less than half the thought into some things. I mean there is like maybe a reference to the prequels. Everyone runs with all these stories of how the pieces lock. Like back when George decides to torture off Shmi to some sandpeople and being that one attacked Luke in anh, there is some link. Fan theories go way off the rails. That parsec bit is way over analyzed. Solo is a baller. No way to micro manage that personality.

the pure joy he gets when people are mad is just so amazing

Star-Wars-7-Rumor-Emperor-Returning.jpg

dude sitting in an ez boy chair taking great enjoyment watching a son attempt to kill his daddy 

...you last see Darth Vader in '83 as vindicated space tyrant with an intimidating look and the next time you see him 16 years later he's the adorable kid from jingle all the way who's a tech genius and scared to leave his mom's side

in '83...in the last reveal...we see anakin again...fragile, exposed & on his last breath
at that point...he did all he could to try & reverse the damage of his participation in dark side & finally see the light again

so i see it as coming full circle, not as a contrast

it is the most powerful part of the series so far...imo

still puts me in da feels everytime

Last edited:

You know when Vader was revealed people were disappointed that he didn't look intimidating?

Pretty similar reaction that the audience had to when his grandson was revealed. I wonder if that was the idea when Kylo took off the helmet?

Last edited:
Palpatine was called "Palpatine" in the OT novelizations way before the prequels :lol:

A lot of stuff you see in the Prequels was stuff Lucas wanted to expand upon in the OT but just never got to. Even the Sith as an order existed in the original notes for the series.

I know NT wants to pretend the prequels don't exist but the fact remains that they were always a part of the mythos and Lucas' vision for the series.

I personally love the prequels but understand people's dislike for them. I still think the dopest thing in the world is the fact that you last see Darth Vader in '83 as vindicated space tyrant with an intimidating look and the next time you see him 16 years later he's the adorable kid from jingle all the way who's a tech genius and scared to leave his mom's side :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: Bravo Lucas! Bravo!

Ah.

Now I can safely ignore everything you say. Thank you.

You know when Vader was revealed people were disappointed that he didn't look intimidating?

Pretty similar to his grandson. I wonder if that was the idea when Kylo took off his mask.

I loved that Adam Driver gave off the dweeb look. I was smokin with my boy last night and he kept randomly acting out the interrogation scene. Was literally on the ground crying laughing from him saying "I see it, I see it" in his Adam Driver voice :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Ah.

Every thing I say is canon though, unlike the EU....

Last edited:
"She's strong with the force! I felt it!"

Like bruh are you YELLING at Snoke? Palpatine would never let that **** fly

Pretty similar reaction that the audience had to when his grandson was revealed. I wonder if that was the idea when Kylo took off the helmet?

i saw rotj in the theater when it came out in 1983 & was not disappointed
just revealing his face was bonus enough imo
and he was dying & it was appropriate...whereas kylo's unmasking felt quick & forced; i do not see this as a clever nod, just advancing the story to where they wanted it

The first thing i thought wen kylo removed his mask was
"Daaaamb son got a big *** nose"

As soon as Adam Driver was revealed to be playing Kylo Ren in EW that he'd be playing Han and Leia's son. His resemblance to The young Harrison Ford is pretty spot on

As soon as Adam Driver was revealed to be playing Kylo Ren in EW that he'd be playing Han and Leia's son. His resemblance to The young Harrison Ford is pretty spot on

in terms of resemblance...driver was a decent choice
he's has a low voice too which is good for transitioning from helmet with mouthpiece to no helmet & back, etc.

Pretty similar to his grandson. I wonder if that was the idea when Kylo took off his mask.

I loved that Adam Driver gave off the dweeb look. I was smokin with my boy last night and he kept randomly acting out the interrogation scene. Was literally on the ground crying laughing from him saying "I see it, I see it" in his Adam Driver voice :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

Ah.

Every thing I say is canon though, unlike the EU....

Puffing your chest out about the prequel "canon" doesn't make it good. Makes you a sheep. Baaaaaaaah

I always thought it funny. So many over analyze and dissect every bit. I know im guilty. Most of the time i would bet the film makers put less than half the thought into some things. I mean there is like maybe a reference to the prequels. Everyone runs with all these stories of how the pieces lock. Like back when George decides to torture off Shmi to some sandpeople and being that one attacked Luke in anh, there is some link. Fan theories go way off the rails. That parsec bit is way over analyzed. Solo is a baller. No way to micro manage that personality.

Check out the old Expanded Universe some time and how deep some of us delved into that, a branch of the franchise that actually built up the lore going back thousands of years. Man there were different interpretations of the Force, family trees, prophecies, concepts for villains new and old, theories about what had happened to various characters, etc. It was a golden age. :smokin

the pure joy he gets when people are mad is just so amazing

Star-Wars-7-Rumor-Emperor-Returning.jpg

dude sitting in an ez boy chair taking great enjoyment watching a son attempt to kill his daddy 
I know right? Dude gets everyone salty, tortures and just sits back and grins like a boss..

Back
Top Bottom