Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also, how silly is it that Finn was a janitor, yet is able to outshoot many other troopers, handle a lightsaber, and actually stand a chance against Kylo Ren?? I hope Kylo gets some sort of training from Darth Sidious II so he doesn't get wrecked by janitors anymore

The next one is going to blow this one out of the water. They did a good job setting themselves up for the next few films.

I think your wrong. The next film will be a rebuilt starkiller base, which will be halfway built but still running, Rey treading through a swamp like jungle with Luke on her back, the rebels still trying to take down the New Order and in the end a showdown between Rey and Ren in which Ren cuts off her leg and tells Rey he's her cousin.

Also, how silly is it that Finn was a janitor, yet is able to outshoot many other troopers, handle a lightsaber, and actually stand a chance against Kylo Ren?? I hope Kylo gets some sort of training from Darth Sidious II so he doesn't get wrecked by janitors anymore

The next one is going to blow this one out of the water. They did a good job setting themselves up for the next few films.
Apparently the janitor line was a nod to Kevin Smith, who wrote Clerks, and had a similar line about janitors.

To be fair, Finn being a janitor while stationed at star killer base doesn't mean he was a janitor everywhere. Might have been his first job as a trooper or something. Someone in here posted stuff from the novel or art book that talked abt his aptitude in the tests/trials they go through.

it is what people in the film industry call "setting up a sequel" or a "cliffhanger" 

it is a storytelling tool that leaves the audience curious, wanting more and excited about the next instalment 

Whoa... really?

200x200px-ZC-0e5cd04c_weebay_o_GIFSoup_com.gif

I know what you're sayin' b. The sarcasm isn't directed towards you, but the idea that this guy doesn't get the premise that this movie couldn't possibly contain everything Lucasfilm has planned for the new trilogy :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
All I want is for Snoke to be super badass and powerful when we eventually see him in person. Give him a lightsaber and some good force powers. Please keep the force lighning BS to a minimum. All the emperor did was hobble around with a cane and use force lightning. I understand he was a mastermind behind a lot and very manipulative and stealth in his motives. But I want to see a flat out powerhouse of a sith lord. Who looks cool too, not like an old man lol.

Yep, a basic storm trooper janitor wrecked this dude. A regular storm trooper should really wreck him, but that's not a "plot hole" in the movie.

He went from stopping lazer guns in the beginning of the movie to getting wrecked by a janitor. Who needs Luke Skywalker when a janitor can wreck this dude.

Yep, a basic storm trooper janitor wrecked this dude. A regular storm trooper should really wreck him, but that's not a "plot hole" in the movie.

He went from stopping lazer guns in the beginning of the movie to getting wrecked by a janitor. Who needs Luke Skywalker when a janitor can wreck this dude.
He didn't wreck him....Kylo almost killed him. What movie did you watch? 

Fin is a soldier. I'm sure he learned how to shoot a weapon just like everyone else. As far as out shooting them, How many people did Fin actually kill with his weapon in the movie? I think he only shot two storm troopers at Maz's place. He got whooped by the dude with that nightstick type weapon. If were talking about the blasters in the TIE Fighter or Falcon that was more or less the piloting of those ships then his shooting skills. I do agree about the Fight with Kylo should have been completely one sided, but I Kylo was injured and to be fare he took a shot to the hip from Chewbacca's cross bow. The same weapon that was destroying everyone else. 

$544 in 10-11 days, #5 All Time, already. :wow: :lol: :rofl:

With another $115ish mil, it will be #2, in less than 3 weeks. :smh:

Star Wars now has 3 of the top 8 films All Time, and 7 of the top 65. (Ironic that the best one made the least money, Empire Strikes Back only made $290 mil)

Disney gonna already be profitting off their 4 billion dollar investment by their second film. :x Just absurd.

But he def. stood his own. Makes no sense. Also, Rey, a girl who never touches a lightsaber before, wrecked Kylo. 

Makes ZERO sense. Yes, shes force sensitive but that doesnt justify it at all.

Also, they did not do Captain Phasma justice... like WTF. whats the point of even putting her in the movie then?

overall the movie was good but theres a lot of things wrong with it.

But he def. stood his own. Makes no sense. Also, Rey, a girl who never touches a lightsaber before, wrecked Kylo. 

I don't see how you guys think they "washed" Kylo.

Aside from the mental battle he was probably experiencing after murdering his father, he got shot by Chewbacca's crossbow!

I'd attribute him getting sliced by Finn and Rey to his inexperience. I doubt he's gotten into any lightsaber fights, at all.

Also, they did not do Captain Phasma justice... like WTF. whats the point of even putting her in the movie then?

overall the movie was good but theres a lot of things wrong with it.
Yes he stood his own for the brief fight and that's a fair criticism but Kylo was injured, so much so he had to punch his own wound to draw strength from the dark side of the force. As far as Rey's fight with him. I don't think he was trying to kill her at first. The only time Rey actually started to do some damage was after he tried to recruit her and by that time dude has been fighting for what 10 minutes while bleeding out from the hip. 

I can understand people that had issues with certain aspects of the movie, but dude is reaching for straws here.

You call it reaching for straws, I call it a bad movie with a whole lot of meaningless filler that could have easily been shortened by over 1 hour

A 1 hour feature film?

Where dey do dat at?

Just caught this a few hours ago. Wow I didn't want that to end.

Kylo Ren though.....Kylo......Ren...mhmm

View media item 1845489
Reminded me of Jofferey from Game of Thrones or Obito from Naruto

Bruv, Kylo does give off that Obito vibe. Fronting behind a mask trying the be as strong as his master but he ain't really got the juice like that

That's definitely an accurate description but you guys need to remember that this is just his introduction and they've got plans for him and his journey, along with Rey. I really like the thought that they will both have parallel journeys.

I thought they'd be brother and sister since Han had 2 kids.. But I don't think that happening. So I also really want to see how they're going to write this thing out.

I want Ren to come back to the light, kind of like Starkiller.

Actually. Scrap these next 2 films and make a Starkiller movie :lol:

Y'all using the excuse of "it's a trilogy" to excuse lazy writing.

You arent going to change peoplesmind

I admit the story was buns and shouldnt crack the top 3 starwars films but im a star wars fan and still enjoyed the hell out of it.

At first i was disappointed at plot but it is what it is.

Treat it as a soft reboot

They really wet the bed killing solo so early in the trilogy tho. They could have saved ford for episode 8 or 9 and then have him get killed but i understand they needed for him to get killed early by kylo because kylo is their trilogy villian and they needed to be sure he got proper heat

Luke's green lightsaber saved the whole galaxy essentially. Luke didn't do anything but get his hand cut just like his pops did with that blue lightsaber. Same lightsaber slayed youngins and has Rey having PCP like visions. That lightsaber is bad luck.
That light saber is low key Qui-Gon Jinn's :pimp: I'm betting Obi-Wan saved it and then Luke found it after losing Obi-Wan's.

Luke's green lightsaber saved the whole galaxy essentially. Luke didn't do anything but get his hand cut just like his pops did with that blue lightsaber. Same lightsaber slayed youngins and has Rey having PCP like visions. That lightsaber is bad luck.
That light saber is low key Qui-Gon Jinn's
pimp.gif
I'm betting Obi-Wan saved it and then Luke found it after losing Obi-Wan's.
I thought Luke built the green one he had in RotJ.

That light saber is low key Qui-Gon Jinn's :pimp: I'm betting Obi-Wan saved it and then Luke found it after losing Obi-Wan's.

View media item 1846036
But seriously, if Luke went to Ben's old crib before going to Jabba's, that really makes the most cents that he probably found QGJ's old lightsaber crystal :nthat:

The now canon evil droid that I love is from the Vader comics, Triple Zero :pimp:

Son is basically evil C3PO and for he's suddenly a far superior character.

bruh....

View media item 1846048http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/1846049/

[quote="Master Zik, post: 24851894"][quote="lamekilla, post: 24849482"]Luke's green lightsaber saved the whole galaxy essentially. Luke didn't do anything but get his hand cut just like his pops did with that blue lightsaber. Same lightsaber slayed youngins and has Rey having PCP like visions. That lightsaber is bad luck.[/quote]
That light saber is low key Qui-Gon Jinn's :hat I'm betting Obi-Wan saved it and then Luke found it after losing Obi-Wan's.[/quote]

I believe he found it and only used the crystal.

Did this guy really come in here and say fanboys loved the prequel trilogy? :rofl:

How yall fall for that obvious troll job?

I thought Luke built the green one he had in RotJ.
From what Obi-Wan had left over……

Yeah the crystal I meant, not the same light saber.

It's all there in ep I in the fight with Darth Maul.

Last edited:
We needed more darkside story... "like where did these guys come from since darth and emperor died"? How did they gain all of the dark side knowledge and technology... idk i needed more insight into the story to get into the current universe.. i understood every parg of the film but there was too many holes

There's only one plot hole in this movie for me and its Poe appearing at the rebel base.

Just as bad as on the walking dead where they show Rick surrounded by zombies, like a cool 40-50 zombies. The next episode, he's running back. Like how did he get away from them? Why didn't they film this? I mean they had all the extras and Rick, what's an extra minute in the opening?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom