Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who knows where Finn's character will end up? There has to be something special about him, being able to resist the indoctrination. I'm just happy a this young actor got this opportunity. I think he did a great job.

Finn was taken from his family when he was a child and was trained to be a stormtrooper....

You obviously didn't pay attention to the film ...

He had too much empathy for others so he chose sanitation but Phasma tried to break him out of that.... She saw much potential in him

Other details about Finn are in the book, Before the Awakening by Greg Rucka, if you so choose to take a look

I did pay attention to the film, to be a child solider one has to engage in battle, the only time Finn was going to engage in battle a stormtrooper he saw it wasn't for him. Dude was a trash man

In line again, this place is LOADED with people, and like 5 showings currently. It looks like an opening night right now.

Tonight in US, it crosses 500 million. It's been 10 days.

One billion, easy.
Three bill, worldwide.

Astronomical.

Saw it with my fam this afternoon, I loved it. Not the biggest Star Wars fan by any means but I'll probably rewatch all the movies while I'm off the next week.

Soooooooo, is Rey a sky walker or solo??

In line again, this place is LOADED with people, and like 5 showings currently. It looks like an opening night right now.

Tonight in US, it crosses 500 million. It's been 10 days.

One billion, easy.
Three bill, worldwide.

Astronomical.
have fun!

how many times have you caught the movie now?

Some stuff on Von Sydow's character

View media item 1844071

From reddit:

The novelisation makes it a little more clear just how big a deal Tekka is.
Poe treats Lor as an absolute legend, that he has travelled the galaxy, intimately knew Luke and Leia at one point, was a mercenary at one point, has fought against the Empire, believes in the will of the Force, Kylo knew him and maybe respected him at one point.

someone else in this thread suggested this theory too. if true :smokin

My current guess is that Lor San Tekka is the mercenary who stole the Death Star plans -- probably Mads Mikkelsen's character from Rogue One. The ages match up. The accents pretty much match up. And it would explain why he's considered such a legend and how he knows Leia.

Would love to see LST in Rogue One as the guy. A great way to connect the pieces throughout the SW universe :pimp:

finn was the most important character in this story, he was making plays in pretty much every key point in the plot.

no one was outraged at the star trek 2 marketing and JJ trying to mislead audiences to think khan is not in the movie

no one was outraged at ESB marketing for not flat out telling people that luke is vader's son

not telling people that rey was the real jedi in this story added to the experience, to think it was JJ being racist is flat out stupid

there is nothing wrong with the character of Finn in this movie, he's a great and strong male lead. 

I actually really liked that they did a "bait and switch". I'm all for movies not giving us much in the marketing. Star Wars is a franchise that can actually do that and not lose out on viewers. Be as cryptic as you want, I'm all for it :pimp:

just got home from seeing it again, certainly this is a reverse order thing again, i hope the next movie we learn more about the people in this movie

no one was outraged at the star trek 2 marketing and JJ trying to mislead audiences to think khan is not in the movie
Not true
well they were mad because of how it didnt work in terms of story

not something that has nothing to do with story like race

at the end of the day its hypocritical to tell people to stop acting like the casting of a black man as a lead role is a big deal then go ahead and make a big deal out of how the character is presented just because he's black. 

Finn was the most important character for 80% of the movie, it's arguable he is the main character of the film. Did I like how he took all those L's? No, but so did Luke in the original movies.

people upset that finn has a cool fight and gets beat by a trained storm trooper

in the first movie luke gets knocked out by sand people

gets bullied at a bar and needs obiwan to save him

after rescuing leia, she ends up being the one that comes up with their escape plan

is helpless when watching ben die

only uses a lightsaber to train with a floating ball

needs han to knock vader's ship out so that he can focus on the shot

then the first thing that happens to him in the next movie is that he gets knocked out and needs saving

a movie that ends up with him literally getting sonned 

people upset that finn has a cool fight and gets beat by a trained storm trooper

in the first movie luke gets knocked out by sand people

gets bullied at a bar and needs obiwan to save him

after rescuing leia, she ends up being the one that comes up with their escape plan

is helpless when watching ben die

only uses a lightsaber to train with a floating ball

needs han to knock vader's ship out so that he can focus on the shot

then the first thing that happens to him in the next movie is that he gets knocked out and needs saving

a movie that ends up with him literally getting sonned 

I'm saying. The race thing people are bringing up is reaching hard

it would be cool to see, except the opportunity cost would be they would take the place of 3 other star wars stories

at this point I would rather them spend their money and movies expanding the universe rather than rewriting it 

just release the official remasters of the original movies and I'll be happy 

Just got out. I'm more convinced Rey is Jaina. Han was the father she never had. Leia walking passed Chewie's to hug her. Her piloting the Falcon, twice. Ren's interest in her as sister is way more dynamic than as a cousin.

They left it open intentionally to keep us guessing, can go either way, but I'm going Solo rather than Skywalker. I'll say 60/40 lean right now.

Back
Top Bottom