Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This is the problem with all these fan theories though

It's based on a bunch of possibilities that happen off screen

It's not about I think this is the case because of what I saw in the movie

It's just a bunch of I want this to happen and it can be possible if this, that, this, that and this again happens.

You can't expect an argument that is purely based on possible events that are purely made up while brushing off evidence that doesn't support your desired outcome that actually happens in the movie.
What I saw was Kylo tell her she felt Han was the father she never had.

And Han was impressed as hell with her skills with the Falcon, and offered her a job.

And Kylo would be more connected to her as a sister, than a cousin.

*shrugs*

"Wild" theory there.

Luke drops her off somewhere, makes perfect sense.
Han/Leia drop her off somewhere, stupid, makes no sense, stupid back story, no context, etc etc.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'll also ignore how similar Kylo/Jacen parallels are. No prob.
We were given reasons for Luke dropping her off in this movie, though. There was a betrayal and massacre at his academy and he went into hiding. The scenario you laid out, or any potential scenario would take a lot more backstory than we've been given. It just doesn't make sense from what we've been given logically. They'd already have to fill in the blanks with some of the backstory and explain a few things, but if she's a Solo, it's a lot more to explain. Plus it makes Han's death a little weaker since she didn't mourn the death of her father.. but rather the death of a "father figure" she only knew briefly.

Yeah, the conflict between Kylo would be stronger if she was his sister, but she's still family and her potentially being more powerful is enough conflict there. She can still have a connection with Han without him being her father, it's what makes for a good movie and characters. Just because they got along and bonded doesn't automatically make them father/daughter, it's just a necessary part of this new movie.. bridging the gap.

It's not impossible, but it would just be a far bigger leap to make, plus it would ignore all of the signs and hints. The biggest thing that argues against the Luke/Rey story is that it's so  obvious at this point. So perhaps it's misdirection, but I think it would be a weaker story for her and Luke if they weren't father/daughter.. plus it dampens the Han/Rey relationship from this one.

"Leia I am your daughter"

"Oh right I had two kids"
It's funny you say that.
I watched the entire series again last week before going to see TFA, and I thought it was interesting, that in the scene on Cloud City when Vader surprises Han and Leia in the dining room,
they are all standing around talking and Vader has no idea that he is talking to his daughter.

So it wouldnt be the first time a parent was in the dark about their child.

Still though, I am on the side of thinking that Rey is Luke's daughter and not Han and Leia's, based on the fact that Rey is more force sensitive than Kylo Ren.

Last edited:
Wait what signified Vader had no idea Leia was his child? I was always under the impression that he always knew but more attention was place on like because being that his son was a Jedi it reminded him of himself and that was power that needed to be harnessed...

Wait what signified Vader had no idea Leia was his child? I was always under the impression that he always knew but more attention was place on like because being that his son was a Jedi it reminded him of himself and that was power that needed to be harnessed...
I say that because in his conversation with the Emperor he had no idea that his children were even alive...I think.
Because the Emperor says "There is a great disturbance in the Force"
Vadar: "I have felt it"
Emperor: "We have a new enemy. The young rebel who destroyed the Death Star. I have no doubt this boy is the offspring of Annakin Skywalker.
Vader"How is that possible?"
Emperor:" Search your feelings Lord Vader. You will know it to be true. He could destroy us."

And since the Emperor told Vader that he had killed Padme, I dont think he knew they survived much less that Luke had a twin sister.
I could be wrong. Anyone got some backstory from the books that could confirm of discredit this?

Last edited:
Also when Lando talks to Vader he asks
Lando: Lord Vader...
Vader: (to Boba Fett) You may take Captain Solo to Jabba The Hut after I have Skywalker
Lando: Lord Vader,what about Leia and the Wookie?
Vader: " They must never again leave this city."

Maybe he didnt know because she wasnt causing as much of a disturbance in the force as Luke was with his training.

Last edited:
When all else fails...

I don't think Rey is Leia and Hans daughter. She's a Skywalker. No theory.

Force Awakens, I think just dropped a lot of flash, the substance will come in the next episodes.

Think JJ heard the rumblings about episodes 1-3 being too slow (they were) bogged down with too much dialogue (definitely). Episode 1-3 ft like they tried to explain everything, and EVII went against that, and it is what makes it great.

Hit dogs will holler

Also when Lando talks to Vader he asks
Lando: Lord Vader...
Vader: (to Boba Fett) You may take Captain Solo to Jabba The Hut after I have Skywalker
Lando: Lord Vader,what about Leia and the Wookie?
Vader: " They must never again leave this city."

Maybe he didnt know because she wasnt causing as much of a disturbance in the force as Luke was with his training.

Also in Jedi....

I only see a few reaches as far as the race issues brought up with Finn.

I clearly see the runaway slave metaphor for his story arc though. That's hard to deny imo. It may not have been their intent but I tend to see that a lot when it comes to mostly white creators handling black characters.

I'm not a writer, but Kylo (the older one) falls to the dark side.

So Leia/Han hide their daughter with another family. New fam, old friend, whatever. That family changes her name to Rey to conceal identity.

Said family runs to Jakku. Something happens, they are torn from Rey. Her "family" is gone. (Killed)

Han, Leia assume their daughter is dead too. No idea she's alive, stranded on Jakku.

Last they saw her, she was 1-2-3 years old, so no way to recognize her facially.

They are stunned to learn their daughter is alive, and will face her brother Kylo/Ben.

I'm nobody, and that's feasible. I'm positive Rian Johnson can do better than I.
That seems convoluted.

Why would they give away Rey just cuz Ben turned to the dark side? The First Order is gonna go after one child that was in the Jedi academy when she's constantly with her mom who runs the Resistance?

Going off this movie Ben hasn't seen his father since before he went to train with Luke most likely. Why would Leia feel her daughter's life would be in danger from her other son? Who has been gone for so long? Especially when in this movie Ben is struggling to stay on the dark side.

Also if Leia doesn't know her daughter is alive, you bringing up that she passes Chewbacca to hug Rey doesn't matter at all :lol:

Plus revealing Rey is a Solo after the movie where they just killed Han is all types of ****** up. Han doesn't get to really reunite with his daughter and Rey doesn't get to reunite with her father. It's a complete waste.

Finally, being able to pilot the Millennium Falcon is not hereditary :lol: If that was the case we should've got the reveal in RotJ that Lando was Han's half-brother.

This is the problem with all these fan theories though

It's based on a bunch of possibilities that happen off screen

It's not about I think this is the case because of what I saw in the movie

It's just a bunch of I want this to happen and it can be possible if this, that, this, that and this again happens.

You can't expect an argument that is purely based on possible events that are purely made up while brushing off evidence that doesn't support your desired outcome that actually happens in the movie.
This and I'll also admit I'm guilty of this at times in general.

"Leia I am your daughter"

"Oh right I had two kids"
It's funny you say that.
I watched the entire series again last week before going to see TFA, and I thought it was interesting, that in the scene on Cloud City when Vader surprises Han and Leia in the dining room,
they are all standing around talking and Vader has no idea that he is talking to his daughter.

So it wouldnt be the first time a parent was in the dark about their child.

Still though, I am on the side of thinking that Rey is Luke's daughter and not Han and Leia's, based on the fact that Rey is more force sensitive than Kylo Ren.
You can go back to A New Hope when Vader takes her prisoner really. He almost had the same face to face time with Leia throughout the trilogy and he never hints at it either way. Treats her like a random rebel/princess.

Vader did not care about Leia until near the end of RotJ :lol:

This thread is turning into Star Wars: True Detective.

The force is like a flat circle......

:rofl:

Last edited:
DC knew what he was doing bringing the race debate to a thread where it wasn't warranted or needed. The dude is a master at his trolling craft :lol:

Vader had no idea who Leia was.

When Luke is hiding during the final battle, Vader is searching for him and says Luke's thoughts betray him and then he says.....Sister, so, you have a sister. Obi Wan was wise to hide her from me.

Hell, Yoda/Obi Wan didn't even know there was twins. Anakin/Vader was told Padme had died. He only learned Luke was alive during A New Hope.

He had zero clue about Leia.

When Luke is hiding during the final battle, Vader is searching for him and says Luke's thoughts betray him and then he says.....Sister, so, you have a sister. Obi Wan was wise to hide her from me.

Hell, Yoda/Obi Wan didn't even know there was twins. Anakin/Vader was told Padme had died. He only learned Luke was alive during A New Hope.

lol its so funny that Georgie had them at the birth. Like did you even watch the og trilogy, George?

That also brings up another point from earlier in the thread about the rule of two.
In that same conversation the Emperor says " He could destroy us"

And then later on when fighting Luke Vader says
Vader: "Luke, you can destroy the Emperor. He has forseen this. It is your destiny. Join me and we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

Which makes me believe that Vader did want to betray the Emperor

Eh, DC's trolling was pretty transparent. We've been discussing the racial issues with Finn since OKB's post in here and that was like a day or two after the movie released.

Son didn't watch the movie but listened to a podcast of dude spoiling the movie talking about Finn and racism then said well that sounds like something worth posting in here and never returning too :lol:

lol its so funny that Georgie had them at the birth. Like did you even watch the og trilogy, George?
I'm not sure about Obi-Wan.

It was Obi-Wan who decided Luke must come with him to go do what Leia asked him for. Not just cuz Luke was ready to be a Jedi. Obi-Wan knew through the force he was bringing Luke along to save his own sister imo.

Last edited:
Eh, DC's trolling was pretty transparent. We've been discussing the racial issues with Finn since OKB's post in here and that was like a day or two after the movie released.

Son didn't watch the movie but listened to a podcast of dude spoiling the movie talking about Finn and racism then said well that sounds like something worth posting in here and never returning too :lol:

I'm not sure about Obi-Wan.

It was Obi-Wan who decided Luke must come with him to go do what Leia asked him for. Not just cuz Luke was ready to be a Jedi. Obi-Wan knew through the force he was bringing Luke along to save his own sister imo.

DC listens to podcasts?... :wow:

IMO it's a topic worth talking about, but his drive by trolling wasn't the way to bring it up. Gonna see the movie again tomorrow and I'll see if I detect any racial undertones

Lol the race stuff is a topic for another thread, but dudes are flexing if the Finn thing wasnt some Mad Max bait and switch. We will see what Finn develops into but dude literally did nothing redeeming in this film.

Random question...

Did anyone besides Obi-Wan and Yoda know Luke and Leia were twins?... Did Senator Organa and Uncle Owen know who the babies were?...

I'm not up on current cannon...

They would give away Rey cuz Snoke could be comin after her next. Not cuz Ben turned to the Dark Side. Or cuz the Knights of Ren, or any other Bounty Hunter/Assassin that wants to harm or kill their offspring.

This isn't difficult to grasp.

Back
Top Bottom