Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so they spent all that screen time talking about bringing their son home when their daughter and last good kid is literally in huge danger and might die? 
laugh.gif

han's daughter is kidnapped by the evil first order and all he cares about is woah its my son ben walking in that ship

leia lost her son to the darkside because she sent him off to train rather than keeping him at home with her and the first thing she does when kylo turns evil is send her daughter to a random planet

the family she was waiting for in jakku is never coming back for her even though both han and leia are alive, healthy and actively trying to bring their other kid home

the last interaction rey is ever going to have with her dad is him telling her and finn to stop hugging

han spends decades looking for the falcon but its literally in his daughter's back yard who he would probably be keeping an eye on since he is shown to care about his children 

luke's interest in her as a daughter is way more dynamic than a niece

it makes 0 sense for rey to be han and leias kid, it would create so many inconsistencies with episode 7 for them to do it just for the sake of a twist 

Who would you guys say is The Chosen One?

I think it's Luke but what the fuhh do I know.

When Luke turned to the dark side how evil/bad does he turn?

I think if they reveal her to be a Solo, it would make Han and Leia's actions in the movie a bit odd and selfish.

I'm not a writer, but Kylo (the older one) falls to the dark side.

So Leia/Han hide their daughter with another family. New fam, old friend, whatever. That family changes her name to Rey to conceal identity.

Said family runs to Jakku. Something happens, they are torn from Rey. Her "family" is gone. (Killed)

Han, Leia assume their daughter is dead too. No idea she's alive, stranded on Jakku.

Last they saw her, she was 1-2-3 years old, so no way to recognize her facially.

They are stunned to learn their daughter is alive, and will face her brother Kylo/Ben.

I'm nobody, and that's feasible. I'm positive Rian Johnson can do better than I.

That's a movies worth of back story that will at most be a 15 second flashback of exposition.Why would leia want to send her daughter away? She probably lives in the safest place on earth, the exact opposite of the first order and kylos reachPlus she was the one who as a child was kept in the loop and protected while raised with the rebellion.Luke on the other hand actually has a reason for sending her away. He's going to live in isolation and do Jedi temple stuff on a planet that no one has heard of. That's two sentences and it's all the backstory we need on why Luke sent Rey away and why the characters acted like they did in ep 7.Star Wars is at its best when it's simple story with likeable characters on fun adventures. It's counter productive to create another complex back story that happens off screen

Leia finds out her daughter is actually alive after all these years and the first thing she does is sent her off to see her uncle?

Han and Leia have done it before...... :nerd: :lol:

Jedi temple stuff reasonable, assassins hunting for daughter to convert/kill like Kylo not reasonable? :lol:

It could be done, easy. By much better writers than I. And perfectly feasible too.

Leia finds out her daughter is actually alive after all these years and the first thing she does is sent her off to see her uncle?

She. Doesn't. Know. Yet.

And she's BEEN tryin to find her brother. For all she knows, Rey is just a knew helpful asset, nothing more.

This is the problem with all these fan theories though

It's based on a bunch of possibilities that happen off screen

It's not about I think this is the case because of what I saw in the movie

It's just a bunch of I want this to happen and it can be possible if this, that, this, that and this again happens.

You can't expect an argument that is purely based on possible events that are purely made up while brushing off evidence that doesn't support your desired outcome that actually happens in the movie.

She. Doesn't. Know. Yet.

And she's BEEN tryin to find her brother. For all she knows, Rey is just a knew helpful asset, nothing more.
You don't hug a random girl while ignoring people (and wookies) returning from the same mission

People that don't know much about Star Wars arguing about the significance of certain scenes for their own agenda. :lol:. The last 2-3 pages. Smh, *facepalm*

This is the problem with all these fan theories though

It's based on a bunch of possibilities that happen off screen

It's not about I think this is the case because of what I saw in the movie

It's just a bunch of I want this to happen and it can be possible if this, that, this, that and this again happens.

You can't expect an argument that is purely based on possible events that are purely made up while brushing off evidence that doesn't support your desired outcome that actually happens in the movie.

What I saw was Kylo tell her she felt Han was the father she never had.

And Han was impressed as hell with her skills with the Falcon, and offered her a job.

And Kylo would be more connected to her as a sister, than a cousin.

*shrugs*

"Wild" theory there.

Luke drops her off somewhere, makes perfect sense.
Han/Leia drop her off somewhere, stupid, makes no sense, stupid back story, no context, etc etc. :lol: :lol:

I'll also ignore how similar Kylo/Jacen parallels are. No prob.

Same people in multiple threads looking for attention.

It's played, like them.

Pretty much.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't wait to see it again. Thoroughly enjoyed how they presented Finn, Poe, Rey and Kylo. Enough info to grab your attention and enough mystique to keep you wanting more.

Last edited:
no way in hell is she han and leias kid

you would have had a helluva lot more emotion out of them

leia felt when han died

leia knows who she is. she is strong in the force and feels that. she knows shes lukes kid which is why she had them goofy smiles at her and sent her to give him the lightsaber and convince his scary little *** to come out of hiding and whoop ol snokes behind

still not sure why in the hell she has a british accent tho lol

Last edited:
But for real tho. All that racist talk is SUPER reaching.
Its easy to find parallels to ANYTHING if you are ALWAYS looking for it.
You can damn near call ANYTHING ANYBODY does racist.

You know, part of a white supremacists goal is to keep black people distracted with trivial things.
Taking issue of how a made up character is being portrayed in a made up universe is beyond trivial imo.

Tariq got these fools out here tryin to be this dude.

View media item 1844369

Last edited:
Lol all this slick talk from sws.

When all else fails...

I don't think Rey is Leia and Hans daughter. She's a Skywalker. No theory.

Force Awakens, I think just dropped a lot of flash, the substance will come in the next episodes.

Think JJ heard the rumblings about episodes 1-3 being too slow (they were) bogged down with too much dialogue (definitely). Episode 1-3 ft like they tried to explain everything, and EVII went against that, and it is what makes it great.

Back
Top Bottom