• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Random... 
laugh.gif

I want a starwars spin off movie about a force user who isn't evil but doesn't care about being a Jedi and just uses the force to grab beers from the fridge and impress girls

Imagine if that was actually Kylo Ren's storyline

Trained by his master Jedi uncle, but instead favored his fathers personality more

Decides the universe's problems really don't matter to him, and instead cares more about da yambs

That was just one of the initial things that made the movie feel so damn fun and cool. The first scene and how BB-8 was instantly an endearing character that you liked, but then once you get to Finn and Poe trying to escape, I immediately said to my brother "This is so damn cool".

It was the best part of going to the movies, escaping into the world with likable characters you want to root for. Despite it being set in space with force magic, you immediately related to two guys trying to escape and bonding. As soon as he said "you need a pilot!" I just had a big grin ear to ear. Same as when they got into the Tie Fighter and he said "I always wanted to fly one of these things" because I thought "Hell yeah, I'm sure any Resistance/Rebellion pilot would have loved to fly a Tie Fighter". Just so many little moments like that.

The movie still has it's faults, it's not perfect, but it hit on so many things that makes a movie great. I really hope they expand on Poe so more in the next one.

This is the only canonical appearance of Darth Bane.

So him being a Sith, the creator of "Rule Of 2" and Dead are basically it.

Also, from the official site

Canon, Meet Darth Bane

The “Legends” world established the Sith who instated the “Rule of Two:” Darth Bane. In about 1000 BBY, the Sith Order was like the Jedi Order, recruiting any Force-sensitives they came across. Bane’s new rule, that there could be only two Sith at any given time, birthed in the death of all the other Sith.

Until The Clone Wars, however, that was but a “Legend.” Darth Bane entered the official canon of Star Wars, coming in the very last episode, “Sacrifice.” Bane’s inclusion is a perfect example of how the Star Wars story group can bring “Legends” into canon.

Last edited:
Saw a rumor that Hayden Christensen will be returning for a cameo role as Darth Vader in VIII or Rogue One :nerd:

So I found this on the pegs this morning at my local WM(Mechanicsburg,Pa).  No Tie Fighter Pilot in sight.  Guess Wave 3 is out...

The bromance between Poe and Finn is the only thing keeping me thinking about the movie. I live vicariously through that dude Finn and need him to fell some love wetter from Rey or Poe. Hell even Chewie will do

I need a girlfriend
frown.gif
In this episode Tariq talks about the criticism he received for his latest review of the new Star Wars 7 movie and the inherent racism in the film - http://www.tariqradio.com/uploads/2/4/4/7/24470289/tariqradio111.mp3

I didn't see Star Wars, so those of you that did can chime in and say whether or not this was on your mind when you watched.

He touched on that relationship too, saying Finn couldn't even get any type of attention from the females.

In this episode Tariq talks about the criticism he received for his latest review of the new Star Wars 7 movie and the inherent racism in the film - http://www.tariqradio.com/uploads/2/4/4/7/24470289/tariqradio111.mp3

I didn't see Star Wars, so those of you that did can chime in and say whether or not this was on your mind when you watched.

He touched on that relationship too, saying Finn couldn't even get any type of attention from the females.

At what point does he talk about it? I don't have time to listen to the whole thing to find it.

The bromance between Poe and Finn is the only thing keeping me thinking about the movie. I live vicariously through that dude Finn and need him to fell some love wetter from Rey or Poe. Hell even Chewie will do

I need a girlfriend
frown.gif

didnt listen to the interview but to call the film racist is reaching

could you list his key points? 

im guessing he pointed out the characters shortcomings (which is a huge part of what makes a good character) and blamed them on the screenwriter wanting the black man to look bad? 

There was only one girl in the movie and the story did not make sense for there to be a love story.

I need a girlfriend
frown.gif

didnt listen to the interview but to call the film racist is reaching

im guessing he pointed out the characters shortcomings (which is a huge part of what makes a good character) and blamed them on the screenwriter wanting the black man to look bad? 

There was only one girl in the movie and the story did not make sense for there to be a love story. People need to stop

In short he was basically saying that black people have to stop being "happy" just because someone with dark skinned is casted in a major film and instead they should look at how the person is used.

He said Finn is a weak hero, that got his *** whooped the whole film, chasing after a white woman, got his name from a white man (shades of slavery). 

The key parts start around 30:00 mark

In short he was basically saying that black people have to stop being "happy" just because someone with dark skinned is casted in a major film and instead they should look at how the person is used.

He said Finn is a weak hero, that got his *** whooped the whole film, chasing after a white woman, got his name from a white man (shades of slavery). 

The key parts start around 30:00 mark
I understand his point but I also see the other side. There is no right or wrong answer. Are JJ Abrams and the producers masterminds who want to portray the character a certain way? Maybe who knows

Personally, I do agree that Finn got ******* on a lot in the movie, but would it be different if the character was white? Would it matter as much of it were a white character getting **** on?

Race stuff aside, I have issues about the ep 7 story and how it was written anyway

Last edited:
I understand his point but I also see the other side. There is no right or wrong answer. Are JJ Abrams and the producers masterminds who want to portray the character a certain way? Maybe who knows

Personally, I do agree that Finn got ******* on a lot in the movie, but would it be different if the character was white? Would it matter as much of it were a white character getting **** on?

Race stuff aside, I have issues about the ep 7 story and how it was written anyway
Yea he said that if the character was white, he would have gotten his revenge at some point in the film. He said Finn got whooped, ended up in a coma throughout the last stage of the movie (WHich actually makes me want to see the movie now 
laugh.gif
 ).

He challenged anyone to find a weaker white hero in a film that never got vengeance at the end.

The he said that many folks were saying, "Wait until the next film to see him develop" and how that ties into black people always expecting things to get better in the future even though we have been "waiting" for hundreds of years for things to be right.

Like I said, I haven't seen it, just seeing if folks saw what he saw.

One of my boys saw it and said the portrayal of Finn kinda got in the way of him enjoying the movie as much as he should have.

But go listen. 

Wasn't Finn originally supposed to be white? They gave a young black kid from the hood a chance that doesn't really exist for us, we should celebrate that instead of trying to tear the young man down. That's some crab in a barrel ****. Is it possible his point is valid? Sure, but have yall stopped to think every single time we make a step forward, one of our own has to attach some negativity to it? It's pathetic. Let's celebrate growth and strength instead of whining.

Back
Top Bottom