Star Wars Universe Thread: May The 4th Be With You

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes

Votes: 68 71.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 27 28.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I been meaning to ask, in this movie or the novel was it said that every single student of Luke's was killed (lets exclude Rey theories from this)? I also forget for the case of the PT. Did Anakin and Sidious wipe out all of the Jedi except Yoda and Obi-Wan?

[thread="512239"]
Just a thought, since people have theories of Snoke being Darth Plagueis but it was written that he was killed. I was thinking maybe Snoke is just Darth Plagueis’ force ghost instead of a hologram.

[/thread]
That'd be a bigger feat than light sabers giving you force visions.

A force ghost setting up and ruling an entire galactic military force? :lol: That would mean Snoke would have had to had some meaningful interactions while alive with whoever can see him.

Even there'd have to be somebody physical running the day to day.

Last edited:
I been meaning to ask, in this movie or the novel was it said that every single student of Luke's was killed (lets exclude Rey theories from this)? I also forget for the case of the PT. Did Anakin and Sidious wipe out all of the Jedi except Yoda and Obi-Wan?

Loving these questions man. Are you just getting into Star Wars? Just curious...

There were more Jedi on the outskirts of the galaxy. Kanan, Asoka Tano, and now Ezra Bridger are the last notable Jedi (Known last Jedi according to the new film and cartoon canon).

Last edited:
How many times have you guys seen it so far?

I've seen it twice...I still want to see it again lol
2s standard first howing thursday night, and then a second time sunday night. wanna see it again but in imax 3d even tho im not a fan of 3d

Even there'd have to be somebody physical running the day to day.[/SPOILER]
It's speculated that the KoR are kids from the academy that Kylo/Snoke turned too but nah there hasn't been any clear answer on that

and no, Anakin's padawan (from Clone Wars - which is canon) survived Order 66 as well as Kanan and a few others. The Kanan comics gets more into this

Last edited:

Loving these questions man. Are you just getting into Star Wars? Just curious...

There were more Jedi on the outskirts of the galaxy. Kanan, Asoka Tano, and now Ezra Bridger are the last.
When it came down to the big choice growing up I was more of a Star Trek fan.

When I got around to giving the OT a chance (which I saw after Phantom Menace when I was old enough to appreciate but still pretty young) I became a fan but not a big fan. It was just a movie I enjoyed. It didn't hit me like other fans who saw it in '77 or later where it changed the game for sci-fi movies. I didn't watch or read anything deeper than the 6 movies. I wasn't THAT interested so most of the 2000s I didn't look in to the EU books, early Marvel comics fill in stuff, etc. I kept up with the Clone Wars cartoon when I could.

Then when George sold I just found myself interested again since other ppl would be doing it. I read a few Darkhorse comics stuff, then got really in to the Marvel stuff when they got it. I'm more of a fan than I use to be. I'd say this movie and the comics got me more interested and curious about past stuff. Re-watching the past 6 movies before seeing TFA also helped.

I forgot about Kanan and his entire cartoon :lol: The tapestry is on so many mediums that sometimes I exclude some in my mind.

Last edited:
I thought Snoke was really that big. (pause)

“Andy Serkis, the master of CGI characters from Gollum to King Kong, plays the still-unseen Supreme Leader Snoke who has scenes with Kylo Ren. “All I can say is that I’m involved in it,” he has said. But Neal Scanlan, chief of creature and droid effects, told PEOPLE, “This character is much better executed as a CGI character. That’s just a practical reality when he’s 7-foot-something tall; he’s very, very thin.

I'm so curious to see how Kanan and Ezra's story end. Are they still around somewhere in the galaxy? Hope they touch on that in the future.

Guy from Lucasfilms Story Group and writer of the Visual Dictionary did a quick FAQ on twitter. He didn't post the questions, just the answers :lol:

1. No, it was Hosnian Prime.

2. No, that's a new planet. It's name has yet to be revealed.

3. No, that wasn't him. That was some other big-hatted dude. He was human

4. Yeah, it moves.

5. Some weird-*** hyperspace-rip seen-across-the-cosmos kinda ****.

6. It had already eaten one and moved into position when it fired.

7. She's 19.

8. He's around 29 or 30. Born shortly after VI.

9. She's okay. How's your mom doing? :lol:

10. It's 34 years after IV. 30 after VI.

I'm so curious to see how Kanan and Ezra's story end. Are they still around somewhere in the galaxy? Hope they touch on that in the future.
I assume Kanan dies before ANH. I forgot about him and that cartoon when I asked my previous question :lol:

I was digging the comic too but think about it, he's the only character that connects to the PT still and if he doesn't die in that 20 year span, that means he lived through eps IV to VI unaware or not doing anything.

It'd be cool to see a movie about him where he eventually dies by the hand of Vader.

Even there'd have to be somebody physical running the day to day.[/SPOILER]
It's speculated that the KoR are kids from the academy that Kylo/Snoke turned too but nah there hasn't been any clear answer on that

and no, Anakin's padawan (from Clone Wars - which is canon) survived Order 66 as well as Kanan and a few others. The Kanan comics gets more into this
The other thing is for a while I was thinking this stuff might not be canon but yeah thanks I may re-watch Clone Wars and some of those animated movies to be a bit more informed.

Last edited:
Why J.J. Abrams now regrets deboarding the Star Wars chair before Episode VIII

View media item 1839544

J.J. ABRAMS recently read the script for Episode VIII of Star Wars. And he had a reaction to it that his lifelong friend, “The Force Awakens” actor Greg Grunberg, had not ever heard from the director over their decades together in the industry.

“He read it and said something he never, ever says,” Grunberg, who plays pilot Snap Wexley in the new film, tells The Post’s Comic Riffs. “He said: ‘It’s so good, I wish I were making it.’

“He may have said something one time on ‘Lost,’ with Damon [Lindelof, the co-creator],” continues Grunberg, whose credits on Abrams series include “Lost” and “Felicity,” “but I never hear him express regret like that.”

Abrams’s remark serves, too, as a ringing endorsement of the new script and its filmmaker. The writer-director now inheriting the Star Wars franchise, of course, is Rian Johnson, the USC film grad who made “Brick,” “Looper” and “The Brothers Bloom.” Abrams has said that he shared early cuts of Episode VII with Johnson, to help make the transition between the two Star Wars films more seamless, ahead of Episode VIII’s scheduled 2017 release.

And Abrams, as we know, isn’t leaving Star Wars altogether. As he’s done with the Star Trek franchise, Abrams will remain on as a producer (in the case of Star Wars, as an executive producer).

Still, as a director, Abrams has chosen to let go. He knew he was simply the latest caregiver to George Lucas’s baby, but he had the staggering challenge of giving it script-to-screen resuscitation after the mostly horrendous prequels.

Now, Abrams exits the chair as the conquering hero, with keys to the Disney Kingdom and beyond. He reinvigorated the franchise to record-breaking box office, both domestically and globally. And “The Force Awakens” becomes the foundation not only for at least four more planned films, but also for the full menu of Disney commercial-synergy options — from an anticipated $3-billion in toy sales to Star Wars-themed amusement parks.

Even to a greater degree than Abrams did with Star Trek, Grunberg says that the director — his fellow-geek friend since kindergarten — made this “Star Wars reinvested,” in multiple senses of that term.

Grunberg also notes that for his own scenes during the climactic action of “The Force Awakens,” he was given a list of lines to say while sitting in his pilot’s gimbal. “It was lines like,’ ‘He’s on my left!’ and ‘I got him!’ and ‘Poe!’ I was told to also say, ‘I’ve been hit!’ but I refused to. I wasn’t going to go down.”

Source:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ding-the-star-wars-chair-before-episode-viii/

Vader offs Ahsoka and Kanan.

Ezra goes into hiding until he senses Luke rebuilding a new Jedi Order.

Ezra trains under Luke until he is offed by Kylo and the Knights of Ren.

Back
Top Bottom